S’pore Hurdler Sexually Assaulted By Coach, Urges SportSG To Review Reduced Penalty

kobayashiGT

21 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Not condoning this guy's behaviour in the least (nor minimising her ordeal) but we must recognise the societal double standard here. If the gender roles were reversed, it's very unlikely the male athlete would've complained (and if he'd done so, even less likely he would've been taken seriously). 

Females have always enjoyed more latitude in handling males than the reverse, perhaps because of the implicit bias toward considering males sexual predators.

How often have you seen a female cleaner cleaning a male toilet while males use the urinals? Have you ever seen a male cleaning a female toilet, especially when there's even one woman inside an enclosed stall? 

Even doctors are not spared this - it's drilled into us repeatedly that we always need female chaperones when examining a female patient, but the reverse never held true in my time (and probably still doesn't).

Ditto for harassment and statutory rapes by teachers - it's always an asymmetrically treated phenomenon. 

If we are really moving toward gender equality, those asymmetries need to be addressed. Women can just as easily be predators as men can.

that's a good point.

Am sure there are women out there who are 'in position of power' and who abuses males around them, but these are either not raised/reported, or maybe ignored.

Let's hope this will change. Eg, there have been countless reported cases of male teachers getting into illegal relationships with female students, but so far i've only come across one reverse case...

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

that's a good point.

Am sure there are women out there who are 'in position of power' and who abuses males around them, but these are either not raised/reported, or maybe ignored.

Let's hope this will change. Eg, there have been countless reported cases of male teachers getting into illegal relationships with female students, but so far i've only come across one reverse case...

was like that, is like that, will always be like that. 

there were at least two cases of female teachers involve with male student in SG, where the female teacher was charged in court.

But if my son get involved with female teacher, i will f him upside down, but deep inside will be like, wah you b**tard, did what your old man couldnt do

• Haha! 4

(edited)
20 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I donno wat to say if one doesn’t know which socket to plug into for a good charge

First and formost, how many sockets do you have ... [sly]

:XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Atrecord said:

that's a good point.

Males more horny, in higher proportion, and for a longer period in the lifetime, than females.

That's how is programmed by nature.

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Chongster said:

was like that, is like that, will always be like that. 

there were at least two cases of female teachers involve with male student in SG, where the female teacher was charged in court.

But if my son get involved with female teacher, i will f him upside down, but deep inside will be like, wah you b**tard, did what your old man couldnt do

hmm... got 2 cases meh? I only know of one, just only maybe 4-5 yr ago maybe, from a top boy's school...

didn't know of another case.

yah am sure you're glad that he 青出于蓝 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1