Pick Ups Recommendation

Krieger

21 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I am full time part time hearse driver hor, everyday my journey starts, continue, and ends in a hearse, no need $70k and no have 170km/h. no believe ask @RadX, he owns the vehicle, I drive only...[:p][laugh][laugh]

I thought @RadXwas your raw material supplier, i.e. bodies? Or was it InHuman Resources? 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I thought @RadXwas your raw material supplier, i.e. bodies? Or was it InHuman Resources? 😂

No hor, he my BOSS!!!  

I is his sub-con, I sub what he cons....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Shibadog said:

He said "dogs". Maybe he has a pack of malamutes? :wub:

Maybe everyday need to go school also. That's why need a transport. hahahhaha.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

SG got this liao

2020-jeep-gladiator-mojave-4x4-139-15870

I used to use Mojave also.

But is OS X Mojave. hahahha.

macos-mojave-features.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha! 2

I used to drive my dad's company pickup to help in delivery. It was those isu pick ups. During lunch, dinner and breaks, me and the co-driver will just sit at the back and eat and even nap. 

I love the feel of driving a pick up. I just cannot explain why. 

The dogs love wind blowing on their face. Using normal SUVs and sedans just do not bring out the "feel" of it. The most important thing is that I can use it for ferrying bicycles and kayaks. 

The next option beside raptor is the Mitsubishi Tex. Much cheaper and interior is fine as well. By the way Rap does not cost S$170,000. in fact its going for S$ 135000 if you are truly interested. 

Have a drive in a pick up alike to Tex or Rap and you will enjoy the joy of rugged SUV feel. 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Just instal Canopy

http://www.carryboycanopy.com/sr5/

You safely carry dog in cargo deck.

Canopy is one option. But now there are dog harness for pickups. They selling it in states. I will try to share the photo my friend sent me. Its more like a 2 belt system ties to the sides and the dogs can move around within certain length. In any accidents, they will be protected as well akin to a seat belt. 

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Maybe everyday need to go school also. That's why need a transport. hahahhaha.

Hi Kobayashi, 

appreciate on the title amendment. I adopted 4 Singapore special this year. So basically my cars do not fit them well. 

A double cab can fit the dogs and my family well. 

• Praise 5

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Krieger said:

I used to drive my dad's company pickup to help in delivery. It was those isu pick ups. During lunch, dinner and breaks, me and the co-driver will just sit at the back and eat and even nap. 

I love the feel of driving a pick up. I just cannot explain why. 

The dogs love wind blowing on their face. Using normal SUVs and sedans just do not bring out the "feel" of it. The most important thing is that I can use it for ferrying bicycles and kayaks. 

The next option beside raptor is the Mitsubishi Tex. Much cheaper and interior is fine as well. By the way Rap does not cost S$170,000. in fact its going for S$ 135000 if you are truly interested. 

Have a drive in a pick up alike to Tex or Rap and you will enjoy the joy of rugged SUV feel. 

In Thailand, Raptor cost THB 1.699m or 77k.

In Malaysia, tax free price is MYR 197k or SGD 64k.

Are you sure $135k?
In Singapore, where got off road to drive to?
It is a bad idea to put dog in open deck

What is Mitsubishi Tex?

Edited by inlinesix

You can consider Isuzu or Nissan double cab. 

If you stay in hdb do beware of the mscp height restriction and tonnage. Certain Nissan model ended up at heavy vehicle park for my company. Hahaha

To ferry goods a canopy or those square aluminum cover (shaped like suv) will do. However to ferry people at the back you do need aluminum shelter.  Half or full shelter. Animal I am not so sure. LTA rules all front seats must be occupy before the rear be use to ferry people.

• Praise 1

Also to add....

TP very strict on pick up especially expressway. Every month sure see at least one summon for road halt on middle lane. Damn. 

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You can consider Isuzu or Nissan double cab. 

If you stay in hdb do beware of the mscp height restriction and tonnage. Certain Nissan model ended up at heavy vehicle park for my company. Hahaha

To ferry goods a canopy or those square aluminum cover (shaped like suv) will do. However to ferry people at the back you do need aluminum shelter.  Half or full shelter. Animal I am not so sure. LTA rules all front seats must be occupy before the rear be use to ferry people.

To carry goods, the best is hard Tanneau cover

http://www.carryboysportlid.com/smx/

Thailand has a lot of pattern including motorized lift

3 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I heard carrybox lock very hard to duplicate and costly.

Likely those dot on key type.

Every set comes with 2 key.

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In Thailand, Raptor cost THB 1.699m or 77k.

In Malaysia, tax free price is MYR 197k or SGD 64k.

Are you sure $135k?
In Singapore, where got off road to drive to?
It is a bad idea to put dog in open deck

What is Mitsubishi Tex?

Hi Inlinesix

Listed price will be 175k. The PI willing to let go at a good price.I suppose it has been left unsold for quite some time. But no free servicing at warranty ends at 60k.

50 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Also to add....

TP very strict on pick up especially expressway. Every month sure see at least one summon for road halt on middle lane. Damn. 

Hi Kopites

Spot on. Even when theres no goods at the back.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Krieger said:

Hi Kopites

Spot on. Even when theres no goods at the back.

this reminds me of something.

such pickups usually suffer from poor handling and braking when the rear is unladen. It's often designed to work best when there's some weight at the rear to balance the weight distribution. i'm not familiar with the Raptor specifically but I drive the ranger/hilux/triton as well as their cousins the Everest/fortuner  occasionally when i'm in another country.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Krieger said:

Hi Kobayashi, 

appreciate on the title amendment. I adopted 4 Singapore special this year. So basically my cars do not fit them well. 

A double cab can fit the dogs and my family well. 

OIC. haha. I mean it is quite bizarre that ppl will buy pick up for the purposes of dog transporting. Don't get me wrong, I also a dog lover. But not to the extend of buying a pick up for them yet. hahhaah. Actually I don't think you need until a raptor level kind of pick up. Maybe you can consider ssangyong?

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11235

Less than 100k gaodim

10 hours ago, Krieger said:

Hi Inlinesix

Listed price will be 175k. The PI willing to let go at a good price.I suppose it has been left unsold for quite some time. But no free servicing at warranty ends at 60k.

I know.  I seen 3.2L wildtrak at that PI last year.  3.2L wildtrak is more or less outdated already.

In term of servicing, other than EO requirement, it is not that ex.  It follows 10k service interval unless you try Amsoil.

↡ Advertisement