Pick Ups Recommendation

Krieger

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Be careful what you wish for, not all the dogs are so fortunate . I am living a dog life now, but my life is very tough.

CT3833, 

same here. Money is getting harder to earn nowadays. Not just in Singapore, but world wide. Unless of cos you are in gov services.

now even the discount from pharma firms are reduced by a lot. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:23 AM, Beregond said:

if u got alot of spare cash and want a fancy pickup fair enough,  u can buy all the fancy model.

if u want a pickup for work everyday useage. low maintenance good reliability

mitsubishi triton is ok

best is toyota hilux.

nissan doublecab is ok

NOT nissan navara (very high maintenance . break down easy )

isuzu pickup??( i dun see any new model around. the old model is lasting, but very expensive parts)

can skip kia and hyundai( they cost a bomb to fix esp their fuel system )

New Isuzu quite nice, but 1.9L engine quite no point unless you try to register it under S plate.

Navara problem is rear suspension cannot carry heavy stuff, otherwise should be ok.

What Hyundai are you talking about?

They dont even have a pickup yet, and the new one doesnt look conventional. If cheap can consider.

1 minute ago, Brass said:

New Isuzu quite nice, but 1.9L engine quite no point unless you try to register it under S plate.

Navara problem is rear suspension cannot carry heavy stuff, otherwise should be ok.

They dont even have a pickup yet, and the new one doesnt look conventional. If cheap can consider.

Don't look down on that 1.9L.  It has the same torque as 3.2L.

For Navara, how heavy it can't carry?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Don't look down on that 1.9L.  It has the same torque as 3.2L.

For Navara, how heavy it can't carry?

No, Im saying that 1.9L is a good thing, just that it is not suited to SG market because you pay the same road tax for that 1.9L or 3.0L for Commercial Vehicles. And 1.9L is more expensive due to new-fangled technology.

So the pickup will be more expensive, with no tangible tax benefit other than potential fuel savings. 

Navara Im not sure, never thought of buying a pickup to load stuff to max capacity.But from Malaysian reviews, I heard its loading capacity is not great as compared to others.

Edited by Brass

Just now, Brass said:

No, Im saying that 1.9L is a good thing, just that it is not suited to SG market because you pay the same road tax for that 1.9L or 3.0L for Commercial Vehicles. And 1.9L is more expensive due to technology.

So the pickup will be more expensive, with no tangible tax benefit other than potential fuel savings.

Navara Im not sure, never thought of buying a pickup to load stuff to max capacity.But from Malaysian reviews, I heard its loading capacity is not great as compared to others.

This is the pricelist in Malaysia

https://isuzu.net.my/pickup/vehicles/pdf/RT66 D-MAX AT PRICE LIST (PM).pdf

1.9L is cheaper than 3L.

The best loading capacity is Hilux.  With lift kit, 1 tonne also no issue.

• Praise 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This is the pricelist in Malaysia

https://isuzu.net.my/pickup/vehicles/pdf/RT66 D-MAX AT PRICE LIST (PM).pdf

1.9L is cheaper than 3L.

The best loading capacity is Hilux.  With lift kit, 1 tonne also no issue.

Malaysia is a different issue.

From what I see, low spec 2.5 have been replaced by 1.9L with top trims remaining 3.0L.

The thing is, 3.0L is more expensive as it has 6 airbags than 2 in all 1.9L variants, so it is marketed as more expensive and premium than 1.9L.

This is the old model that has not been replaced.

Hilux should be one of the best.

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Ya i wont call it a pickup

Kia or hyundai had something like a over size pickup. 4 wheel.

.  More like a light lorry

I will personally skip Nissan. 

I prefer to go for pickups with the most durable parts. Hilux(2012), Triton (2016 model) and Raptor(2009 model) are the only 3 brands I trust with personal driving experience (3 months at least) both in US and Singapore. 

6 hours ago, Beregond said:

Ya i wont call it a pickup

Kia or hyundai had something like a over size pickup. 4 wheel.

.  More like a light lorry

You mean the likes of K2500?

I wont doubt its durability, given that its the best selling vehicle in Syria and Iraq, and not that Toyotas are unavailable.

So it has to be lasting for war usage. No fighter wants a car to leave him stranded in the battlefield like a sitting duck. 

Hence I I figured that we will not see Eurovans in war zones in the near future 😂

For its price in Singapore and its interior, nothing to complain about it.

But it might be really underpowered.

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Krieger said:

I will personally skip Nissan. 

I prefer to go for pickups with the most durable parts. Hilux(2012), Triton (2016 model) and Raptor(2009 model) are the only 3 brands I trust with personal driving experience (3 months at least) both in US and Singapore. 

Hilux can do PI too, if BM is too expensive. UK or Aussie models may be the flavour of the day, depending on PI.

I feel that Triton interior is sub par in terms of design. In terms of otger factors, no issues at all.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Brass said:

Hilux can do PI too, if BM is too expensive. UK or Aussie models may be the flavour of the day, depending on PI.

I feel that Triton interior is sub par in terms of design. In terms of otger factors, no issues at all.

Hilux likely comes from Thailand.  PI from Thailand

Triton interior sub par in terms of design as compared to?

Pickup is considered commercial vehicle?  Need to register a business to buy? Or the old arcane rule has been removed already.

19 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Pickup is considered commercial vehicle?  Need to register a business to buy? Or the old arcane rule has been removed already.

Commercial vehicle.  Same old same old

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Hilux likely comes from Thailand.  PI from Thailand

Triton interior sub par in terms of design as compared to?

The Hilux may come from Thailand but I dont think SG allow PI from Thailand.

Compared to like Hilux and Ranger, which i feel have nice interiors.

Expensive tritions have decent interiors. Its just the cheaper versions that is dull and drab.

Edited by Brass

3 minutes ago, Brass said:

The Hilux may come from Thailand but I dont think SG allow PI from Thailand.

Compared to like Hilux and Ranger, which i feel have nice interiors.

Expensive tritions have decent interiors. Its just the cheaper versions that is dull and drab.

Hilux has the worst interior among the 3.

Triton Single cab interior 

8D5BF239-6A78-49B7-BEA9-ACF22B80D837.jpeg

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Hilux has the worst interior among the 3.

Triton Single cab interior 

8D5BF239-6A78-49B7-BEA9-ACF22B80D837.jpeg

YMMV then.

↡ Advertisement