Infiniti as 'Nissan-Plus'

Soya

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Soya said:

Infiniti and Lexus are considered separate brands from Nissan and Toyota (respectively) in the States. 

Infiniti has also been considered a separate brand here in sg. 

Ironically, that article mentioned Infiniti is not looking to compete with Lexus. Lexus is *not* recognised as a separate luxury brand in sg. It's "parked" under Toyota. Every Lexus sold adds to the Toyota numbers. 

Edited by Turboflat4

So what is it Inifiniti:Nissan as Audi:Seat? But somehow i dont think this will work coz unlike VW grp those brands all have long illustrious histories (and loyal base) before their merger... And what if the low brand name wanna make special editions like Seat Cupra? Then we have three tiers?

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

So the Nissan-Plus' Qashqai will be bigger then than normal Nissan one? hahahahhaha.

And maybe better screen, ram and camera? Lol.

Nissan plus's QQ is called the x trail. They are churning out very boring cars for many years. Infinite brand has not really established like Lexus. More marketing and media exposure might help. Even marketed as luxury brand, their quality is also not up there yet. I would like to see them bring back the skyline gtr. 

VW seems to have done it right with sharing platforms and engines but Nissan/Infiniti seems to be confused and go this way and that.

I think the main problem is the age of sporty/luxury sedans are gone and the mass mkt wants crossover/suv/boringshits/yawn.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

Just badge it as DATSUN. LOL...

If Infiniti = Nissan Plus, Nissan is Datsun Plus...😁

• Haha! 2

Does lexus and toyota share parts? I am talking about those cheap simple plastic parts like buttons and plastic covers, not engines and gearboxes. To cut cost and make things simpler.

When i sit in a q50, i find some familiarity to my sylphy. E.g. the sunglass holder with the lights module and certain buttons.

(edited)

Most common parts are shared except the branding is Lexus vs Toyota and during servicing, the WS will charge double Lexus parts vs Toyota parts.

So, if buying decision hangs between the FWD entry level "Lexus", I rather buy a higher tier Camry.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 3

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

Does lexus and toyota share parts? I am talking about those cheap simple plastic parts like buttons and plastic covers, not engines and gearboxes. To cut cost and make things simpler.

When i sit in a q50, i find some familiarity to my sylphy. E.g. the sunglass holder with the lights module and certain buttons.

Maybe lexus es250 and avalon/camry is quite similar. And share the most parts. 

But other models not really super obvious from my casual watching of review videos. 

Edited by Lala81

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

Majority of the interior parts that the hand will touch is not shared.

Otherwise everything else is shared - drive train, brakes, filters, motors etc etc. If you go stockist to buy original parts usually the box is printed with both Toyota and Lexus logos.

• Praise 1

This guy a sindhi? Got hope yet.

I was told all the wani means Sindhi. Ya?

The 240z ... hot teacher in jeans back in the day.

The Infiniti Maxima, walau... Mercedes Quality.

Twincharged
14 hours ago, Soya said:

If Infiniti = Nissan Plus, Nissan is Datsun Plus...😁

the drive by wire lacks chemistry for the driver. 

So infinity had a tough audience even when they had a merc collaboration for the Q30

↡ Advertisement