Infiniti as 'Nissan-Plus'

Soya

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

the drive by wire lacks chemistry for the driver. 

So infinity had a tough audience even when they had a merc collaboration for the Q30

Mersilly engine in a jap body. What's there not to like?

Except to prove that the badge is mightier than the engine

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

the drive by wire lacks chemistry for the driver. 

So infinity had a tough audience even when they had a merc collaboration for the Q30

I was this close to buying the RS but the DAS killed the deal.

Thats why I say Infiniti doesnt know what it wants.

Luxurious interiors? Nope. Loses to even VW imho. 

Sporty? The VR30DTT is great but why you pair with a DAS? And a mediocre gearbox. ZF>>>7G tronic

Tech? Stupid double screens with different resolution. Useless DAS (I think even 4ws or awd is more useful in real life). Nothing special overall.

They really dunno where to go.

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Ake109 said:

I was this close to buying the RS but the DAS killed the deal.

Thats why I say Infiniti doesnt know what it wants.

Luxurious interiors? Nope. Loses to even VW imho. 

Sporty? The VR30DTT is great but why you pair with a DAS? And a mediocre gearbox. ZF>>>7G tronic

Tech? Stupid double screens with different resolution. Useless DAS (I think even 4ws or awd is more useful in real life). Nothing special overall.

They really dunno where to go.

Somehow Infiniti interiors screams Nissan Cefiro to me. So maybe they've been Nissan Plus all this while....without realising it

Which probably explains it's uncompetitiveness in the luxury segment 

Twincharged
6 hours ago, Soya said:

Mersilly engine in a jap body. What's there not to like?

Except to prove that the badge is mightier than the engine

If u have test drove it, u would be very disappointed 

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

If u have test drove it, u would be very disappointed 

Haha....didn't get beyond the test sit. Like I said, the interior screams Nissan and left it as that

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Soya said:

Haha....didn't get beyond the test sit. Like I said, the interior screams Nissan and left it as that

its slow and laggy..

and hence the resale value plummet for the x60 to 130K for an 8 month old used 

The luxury branding to me is none other than marketing. How car makers want to make you think you are driving a "luxury car". It's more of an image they are selling. So they have to move a bit away from the way they build B&B cars. Spend more on exterior design to look different, leather interior, gadgets and features. Basically things you dont really need while driving.

Let's face it, a car be it luxury or not does not fly or swim. Like I have said it's all about the image the car makers create and how they sell it to you. So if Nissan say Infiniti is just "Nissan Plus"....they are honestly not wrong. 

Car makers have to revisit their roots every once in a while. To look at why some past models are able to sell so successfully. Successful Japanese cars of the past isnt about luxury.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 6/30/2020 at 4:18 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Infiniti and Lexus are considered separate brands from Nissan and Toyota (respectively) in the States. 

Infiniti has also been considered a separate brand here in sg. 

Ironically, that article mentioned Infiniti is not looking to compete with Lexus. Lexus is *not* recognised as a separate luxury brand in sg. It's "parked" under Toyota. Every Lexus sold adds to the Toyota numbers. 

What about Acura? Also Honda plus?🤣

Internal Moderator
6 hours ago, Albeniz said:

What about Acura? Also Honda plus?🤣

Don't copy Nissan lah.

Let's call it Honda Premium. hhahahah🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Don't copy Nissan lah.

Let's call it Honda Premium. hhahahah🤣

If we look at the Accord's ambitious 150k pricing, it's definitely Honda-Plus 

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
56 minutes ago, Soya said:

If we look at the Accord's ambitious 150k pricing, it's definitely Honda-Plus 

That is Accord-$ lah. hahaha.

20 hours ago, Soya said:

I think the door handles scream "Nissan Sylphy"

And before I bought my car, I was at the expo looking at cars and saw the Q50. The interior cmi, and does not give me the wow factor as I look at it everyday, even though its much more expensive than my car. Exterior is nice though.

But very disappointing for a 140k car. I would choose the Camry Hybrid over it if I were to replace my car.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Brass said:

I think the door handles scream "Nissan Sylphy"

And before I bought my car, I was at the expo looking at cars and saw the Q50. The interior cmi, and does not give me the wow factor as I look at it everyday, even though its much more expensive than my car. Exterior is nice though.

But very disappointing for a 140k car. I would choose the Camry Hybrid over it if I were to replace my car.

Actually, the US Nissan Maxima is quite a looker. Hv seen it in the flesh in US. Looks better than any Infiniti so Nissan's design ability is there. But wonder why we get Datsun-Plus here instead?

niss.jpg

4 hours ago, Soya said:

Actually, the US Nissan Maxima is quite a looker. Hv seen it in the flesh in US. Looks better than any Infiniti so Nissan's design ability is there. But wonder why we get Datsun-Plus here instead?

niss.jpg

This is the new era of Nissan.

Looks nice. If reliability wasnt a qn it would be in my top list.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1