COE Bidding – 1st & 2nd Round of July 2020

Carbon82

3 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

Wow, Volkswagen is aggressive bid so high for you. The COE rebate of $30k also quite high. Congrats on getting your new car.

Their vw margin high what so they have plenty of leverage to play with. 

19 minutes ago, Cybertech said:

Good to read up this one https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=386

1. Non-guaranteed COE

2. Guaranteed COE @ $X

3. Guaranteed COE without top-up

4. Guaranteed COE with COE rebate at $X

5. Immediate delivery

Mine is 4. Coe rebate at $30k. Already manage to secure COE in March bidding. Bid first time already tio. Kah Motor. Now waiting for car collection.

39 minutes ago, publicfigure said:

6 bids no guarantee means after 6 bids if the COE still high or the dealer feel they not making any money, they can anyhow give back deposit to you.

x bids + non guarantee is the most stupid option ever. At the end

1. buyer is the one exhausted for months and gain nothing, and yet money put at other people pocket during the waiting period.

2. Dealer is having zero risk business, hold buyer money for cash flow during waiting period and more power to manipulate the COE price. They even have stupid clause saying at least x bids after only can cancel order.

Yeah I’d agree, when I booked during the CB period I think the AD did not have the guaranteed COE option. All non-guaranteed 6 bids for their special deals. 

What is more funny is being advised to make full settlement of DP to “have a chance” to get assigned a COE from Cat E. 

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, crazythen said:

Ah ok. Then is not the 2.0 premium. Thanks for sharing. 

Engine cc are all same , just the features and frills , it is the 2 L engine

• Praise 3

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Pooty said:

Yeah I’d agree, when I booked during the CB period I think the AD did not have the guaranteed COE option. All non-guaranteed 6 bids for their special deals. 

What is more funny is being advised to make full settlement of DP to “have a chance” to get assigned a COE from Cat E. 

With the result today. Cat E is consolation prize. But still better than nothing. If anyone is given the option here by ur dealer, i checked thur the lowest is @$32.5k based on 3 months validity.

Edited by Skyline6

2 hours ago, yishunite said:

Not so. Foregoing the giant profit from a single sale is stupid of a dealer. Unless COE rise $10k+ there is zero chance they lose money... when have u ever see COE jump by $10k?

Not really. Some car models are limited by the manufacturer so that they are evenly distributed across countries. So if you can only ship in a fixed number, naturally you want to sell at the highest possible margin.

3 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Their vw margin high what so they have plenty of leverage to play with. 

Not really. I booked a skoda ( under VW group) and the AD also put in a 39k bid.

That is already AFTER i got quite a bit of discounts and the usual freebies.

After the current COE closed at 35k+, my AD's margin like ~13-15% only.( at 39k they were prepared to sell at just ~10-11% margin) I think they are just desperate to get rid of existing stock. Who knows if a CB part 2 is near..... 

10 hours ago, yishunite said:

20200708_213359.jpg

20200708_213522.jpg

He's relieved but many disappointed

And what's the deal with worrying about the misery of 2nd hand car dealers?

Individuals selling their cars will always be in misery as they will get low ball with paper value offers

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

Not really. Some car models are limited by the manufacturer so that they are evenly distributed across countries. So if you can only ship in a fixed number, naturally you want to sell at the highest possible margin.

Yes but i was replying to someone that said NG was always a bad idea. Actually G is almost always a bad idea. Trust me... i got buyers remorse over G bid

Turbocharged

I am amazed that so many doubt or unclear on buying cars and one would part their hard earned money to agent/dealer to buy car..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

I am amazed that so many doubt or unclear on buying cars and one would part their hard earned money to agent/dealer to buy car..

Please don't educate them. I am a used car dealer. 

:D

Come to JAMESC Suregood Used Car Key Services

also known as JAMESC SUCKS and I promise you

you will never get cheated by people you don't know. 

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lotr said:

He's relieved but many disappointed

And what's the deal with worrying about the misery of 2nd hand car dealers?

Individuals selling their cars will always be in misery as they will get low ball with paper value offers

Actually this may cause misery to new car dealers too... demand is limp but COE went up... how to price to attract volume? Only by slicing margin down

Gahmen always win 🤣

Edited by yishunite

Neutral Newbie
11 hours ago, Skyline6 said:

With the result today. Cat E is consolation prize. But still better than nothing. If anyone is given the option here by ur dealer, i checked thur the lowest is @$32.5k based on 3 months validity.

so if I'm given the Cat E COE, will my paper value be tied to this past bidding at 36k? or will it be the lower cat E value?

6 minutes ago, colorsraw said:

so if I'm given the Cat E COE, will my paper value be tied to this past bidding at 36k? or will it be the lower cat E value?

It will be the cat of your car.... whichever it lower.

15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

How is the COE going to rise?

3 month back log and COE go up a bit only.

Next few bids back log will be 2 weeks and 3 weeks only

not 2 months 3 months sure COE go down lah.

You will definitely get your car. Dealers not stupid.

:grin:

I know if will fall once the backlog clear... haha.. just wishful thinking...  :grin: Dealers of coz are not stupid.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1