COE Bidding – 1st & 2nd Round of July 2020

Carbon82

1 minute ago, Roh96 said:

Same thinking. 3 months gap and it didn't shoot thru the roof. It shows the demand not strong.

You see the bids VS quota, it's quite a lot

↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, yishunite said:

It means that there is enough quota to give COE to all those people who bid that price or higher

lets say got 1000 quota

900 ppl bid $30k

50 ppl bid $25k

100 ppl bid $20k.

Since the quota is only 1000 the top 950 get it so CCP will be $25k. Those next 100 ppl all can forget it even tho got 50 spare bids (this will throw to next round).  However, if new ppl bid $35k,  it will take 50 more bids before all the $25k bidders are unable to get their quota cos actually they only granting COE to 950 ppl

THanks for the explanation. 😀 But just abit unsure is it lowest successful or top bidder. 😄 Since bids received exceed so much quota. Means actually alot bid lower than 33,520 eh.image.thumb.png.86ba62580bda4d95219010d03f1a2b33.png

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Rtth84 said:

You see the bids VS quota, it's quite a lot

But there was a stack of bids ard $25k range... everyone had to revise their bids once

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Enough of this blatant profiteering off our backs. Please do consider your options very carefully when going to the polls this Fri. 

• Haha! 1

Just now, bluecorals said:

Enough of this blatant profiteering off our backs. Please do consider your options very carefully when going to the polls this Fri. 

Go away la

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, yishunite said:

But there was a stack of bids ard $25k range... everyone had to revise their bids once

Where can we see this set of data?

Turbocharged

Just now, Rtth84 said:

Where can we see this set of data?

U must follow it live then u see how price move with bids

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Haha all categories broke previous round price (even goods veh)

What recession??? 

Broke previous record not a lot also, guess the demand still not very strong. I thought it will hit at least near $40k?! Lol.

After 3 months can only muster a 10% increase? 

The next one will be flat or down and after that the price everyone is waiting will come :XD:

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Broke previous record not a lot also, guess the demand still not very strong. I thought it will hit at least near $40k?! Lol.

Agreed but tbh i expected demand to be abit weaker or at least AD to open with quite lowball

Anyway next rd another big quota compared to 2018 so lets see backlog clear ornot

To me the weakness of open cat tell me really they got not much faith cos cos this is the one COE u can still use during lockdown

Edited by yishunite

Hypersonic

When consider 3 months back log then the increase is negligible.

If no suspension then I think it would have gone down a lot.

Give it a couple of months to clear the CB orders then we can see a significant fall.

:grin:

• Praise 2

Most cars sold during CB and last 3 weeks were priced with COE of around $25k in mind. Assuming most contracts are 4-bid non guaranteed, expect the dealers to eat into their margins a little and bid at about $28k. That should form the floor for the next 2-3 months until the orders are all fulfilled. Buyers who are willing to top up $3-$5k above the signed price should get their cars earlier.

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Where got fierce. This is weak. 

Quite true, after 3 months of no bidding and a 1/6 increase in coe, the prices  only increased 3-5k

• Praise 1

The increase do not look good enough.

Expectation is above 5K therefore the down trend should be coming soon. After 2 coe bidding perhaps

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1