COE Bidding – 1st & 2nd Round of July 2020

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Lufu said:

My guess is more than 30K for Cat A.

At some point vehicle growth should go negative just like interest rate.

I doubt vehicle growth can go negative UNLESS they confirm they want to reduce population.  Otherwise there will be an issue.

You can talk about public transport being more comprehensive but there will be the issue of aspiration and people desire for more privacy in their own vehicle.

↡ Advertisement

46 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I doubt vehicle growth can go negative UNLESS they confirm they want to reduce population.  Otherwise there will be an issue.

You can talk about public transport being more comprehensive but there will be the issue of aspiration and people desire for more privacy in their own vehicle.

From Dec 2019 to May 2020, car(not vehicles) population is reducing 

• Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I tot it was supposed to be zero growth and not negative growth...

Twincharged
52 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Why do you say it’s reducing? It’s zero growth, but I think there is a lag between cars scrapped and the coe recycled for bidding. Thus it might seem the car population to be Dropping

45 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Why do you say it’s reducing? It’s zero growth, but I think there is a lag between cars scrapped and the coe recycled for bidding. Thus it might seem the car population to be Dropping

COE Quota growth supposed to be ZERO since 2018 to maintain same or reduced car population. Unfortunately, car population still growing from 2018 to 2020

8 hours ago, Lufu said:

My guess is more than 30K for Cat A.

At some point vehicle growth should go negative just like interest rate.

Well, not ruling out the possibility. This is by all means to the government, not to mention after the mandate soon.

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Based on the 10 yr time frame, yearly or quarterly quota should still be in a down trend. See how 'recession' scenario goes.

5 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I tot it was supposed to be zero growth and not negative growth...

Not wrong. Growth is zero till further notice. No point to increase.

Would like to ask, If i scrap my car today, will my car quota be for the next immediate bidding system? Or will it be for next month? 

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Would like to ask, If i scrap my car today, will my car quota be for the next immediate bidding system? Or will it be for next month? 

not so soon de lah.. they got super clever and intelligent pple working in cold comfortable office to release the quota base on whatever i dunno 🤣

43 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

not so soon de lah.. they got super clever and intelligent pple working in cold comfortable office to release the quota base on whatever i dunno 🤣

COE has been dirty system, non transparent and manipulated by LTA. Why nobody is trying the expose this?

3 minutes ago, publicfigure said:

COE has been dirty system, non transparent and manipulated by LTA. Why nobody is trying the expose this?

This is the system, we don't have much say. By suspending bidding but still say sales can go on, they also show what they can do when they can make, bend and break their own rules.

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, publicfigure said:

U do lo

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 7/1/2020 at 9:26 PM, Kangadrool said:

Nah...

Even then, it will be priced at price w/o COE + $20,000. No bluff you one.

Agree, if one is lucky to secure a $2 COE, it is better to buy frm a reliable PI, ADs are not hungry to sell their cars cheap to individuals  who have secured their own COE.

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Agree, if one is lucky to secure a $2 COE, it is better to buy frm a reliable PI, ADs are not hungry to sell their cars cheap to individuals  who have secured their own COE.

Or import your own car yourself, but must have deep pockets to do so.

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Brass said:

Or import your own car yourself, but must have deep pockets to do so.

Actually it will be cheaper to self import if one have lobang. 

Most people can't even ownself handle selling of their preloved cars. Buying and importing one DIY will be a rocket science to most. LOL.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Huh? So there is no guide all these while telling people when scrap car quota will be added? Base on them suka suka then add on the quota huh. Omg! 

↡ Advertisement