COE Bidding – 1st & 2nd Round of July 2020

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie

If coe drop or up 5k , how it affect those used car? Won’t see any different in term of price right ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
12 minutes ago, Ghimster said:

If coe drop or up 5k , how it affect those used car? Won’t see any different in term of price right ?

Supply and demand. Is a mind game car dealer will prey on the car buyer. If COE go up, they will say, you see? not worth it to buy New Car now. Used car is better.

If COE goes down, they will say, Bro. the quota is limited and so many ppl bid, If you urgent to get a car, here's one ready to be driven le.

I don't think the COE can steer used car prices to significant changes. But they can use COE factor to firm up the selling price. The used car price you are seeing is usually not the final price, so the dealer will use external news to deter your price haggling.

15 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

There might be more pattern after the election, after all government is in desperate  need for money 

Actually if they are really desperate, they can increase the quota for COE. After all with more people working from home, roads are less congested and ahem there will be other charges when u buy the car.  With demand more than quota, there should be no issue earning more money. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Supply and demand. Is a mind game car dealer will prey on the car buyer. If COE go up, they will say, you see? not worth it to buy New Car now. Used car is better.

If COE goes down, they will say, Bro. the quota is limited and so many ppl bid, If you urgent to get a car, here's one ready to be driven le.

I don't think the COE can steer used car prices to significant changes. But they can use COE factor to firm up the selling price. The used car price you are seeing is usually not the final price, so the dealer will use external news to deter your price haggling.

I managed to export my car before Cb, now looking to get one in the used market . Just thinking that should wait a while more as many expect coe to drop . 

But if coe doesn’t affect used car much , it doesn’t really matter Liao . Unless 5-10k coe drop will affect 3-6k used conti car price lol

Internal Moderator
46 minutes ago, Ghimster said:

I managed to export my car before Cb, now looking to get one in the used market . Just thinking that should wait a while more as many expect coe to drop . 

But if coe doesn’t affect used car much , it doesn’t really matter Liao . Unless 5-10k coe drop will affect 3-6k used conti car price lol

buy buy buy! help boost the economy and also help me to increase page views in sgcarmart! 🙂

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
11 hours ago, Ghimster said:

Same like you. Managed to sold my car before cb. Was monitoring both new and used conti. In the end, i got a new car recently at a very good price where the depre is actually better than a 2-3 yrs used one (plus 5yrs warranty and servicing etc).

If you got time, i would suggest that you monitor the used car market first for next few months. You should be able to get a $2k-$5k discount more by buying from a direct seller. If economy really bad later then there should be a lot more desperate sales. I have seen a few really good price where its sold within few days (not even time for me to go see the car during weekend).   

Edited by Deo
spelling

Yesterday at my cp i found a hand printed brochure of BM/Toyota price list with one agent's contacts on it. Never seen such marketing before... some ppl really cannot reach kpi?

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Yesterday at my cp i found a hand printed brochure of BM/Toyota price list with one agent's contacts on it. Never seen such marketing before... some ppl really cannot reach kpi?

They offer concerige test drives so I guess someone around your place test drove a Toyota. So at the same time I think the SE put pricelist and namecard to neighbouring cars in CP also. 😅

Neutral Newbie
On 7/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, Deo said:

Same like you. Managed to sold my car before cb. Was monitoring both new and used conti. In the end, i got a new car recently at a very good price where the depre is actually better than a 2-3 yrs used one (plus 5yrs warranty and servicing etc).

If you got time, i would suggest that you monitor the used car market first for next few months. You should be able to get a $2k-$5k discount more by buying from a direct seller. If economy really bad later then there should be a lot more desperate sales. I have seen a few really good price where its sold within few days (not even time for me to go see the car during weekend).   

Audi isit ? Audi now getting cheaper n cheaper for their new car .

On 7/11/2020 at 10:07 AM, Ghimster said:

Drop 5k no benefit, up 5k all used cars will up by a few k.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

insider view? no one has insider view. Not even our transport minister. It is a jungle. 

Hahaha.. he kei siao only. 

37 minutes ago, Passion said:

So next round of COE bidding coming. Any insider view?

Dun buy now. Bad economy still. Wait COE come down. 

^Not insider view. Common sense view.

Buy now!!! COE gonna climb coz 3 months backlog all cannot clear!!! Buy before it hit $50k!!!!

^"insider" view.

U really want insider view or not?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Dun buy now. Bad economy still. Wait COE come down. 

^Not insider view. Common sense view.

Buy now!!! COE gonna climb coz 3 months backlog all cannot clear!!! Buy before it hit $50k!!!!

^"insider" view.

U really want insider view or not?

Agreed, quite bad economy now, better dont buy car. Cause nobody can predict when the economy will pick up and covid stable world wide.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Passion said:

So next round of COE bidding coming. Any insider view?

I offer my humble 2 cents outsider view, ok?

from last bid, looks like the number of bids is very high but dunno if it was due to a lot of self-bidders.

Also, some ADs offering packages at $20k COE rebates did not bid so they may come in to prop up prices.  

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

insider view? no one has insider view. Not even our transport minister. It is a jungle. 

Errr ... Transport minister is the ultimate insider ... can prop up prices by suspending bidding and glad that coe did not crash as that would have caused misery to 2nd hand car dealers. 

He must be patron saint of 2nd hand car dealers.