COE Bidding – 1st & 2nd Round of July 2020

Carbon82

19 minutes ago, meinanzi said:

currently my coe rebate is given at 22k but the previous round AD bidded at 27k.

now they are asking if i want to top up 5 k for guaranteed. what do you guys think

thanks

Tell them go F fly kite.

:grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, meinanzi said:

currently my coe rebate is given at 22k but the previous round AD bidded at 27k.

now they are asking if i want to top up 5 k for guaranteed. what do you guys think

thanks

Was at 1 AD, the lady messaged me after the July coe went up. Told me that if I have committed, I would have gotten the car.

I laughed and told her, I m in no hurry to change car. You and I know once the backlog is cleared, the coe will be soften. And now is a buyer market. So many ADs, PIs slashing prices everyday. Coe will go up meh? 

She kept quiet.

(edited)

Last week is first bidding after 3 whole month.

:grin:

Thank you for contributing to car nation building.

Edited by Jamesc

After reading all the replies here, it really suggest that dealers are the one trying to create panic. I also booked a car during CB, dealer call me to top up to get better chance of securing. I also tell him I can wait because this is not a “dump money can solve” problem. Only will drive up the COE and end up buyer is losers, and other car buyers also loser in the end. 

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

At least ur SE bid for u, they didn’t bid for me during the last bidding, not sure if they will consider it as 1 bidding and refund my deposit fast if they didn’t manage to secure..

1 hour ago, meinanzi said:

thanks

2 words:

Siao ah

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, meinanzi said:

thanks

Is it a must that you must get it by when? if not why even bother to consider their counter-offer, even if that's the case, 5K is way too much.. just wait and see ba. 

If an AD starts promoting new cars at prices which exclude COE i.e. Volvo what does it indicate?

Perhaps they are unsure abt the direction tt COE is going? Wanna hear your thoughts

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Blync said:

If an AD starts promoting new cars at prices which exclude COE i.e. Volvo what does it indicate?

Perhaps they are unsure abt the direction tt COE is going? Wanna hear your thoughts

Yes. They want to lock in your deposit but don’t know what kind of rebate to offer you. So you decide yourself what kind of COE to bid. Like one of the forumer said, COE increase, agent win, COE decrease, agent also win. So they will just lump the margin they want into the selling price without COE. So COE up or down, you already lose. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Blync said:

With the de-registration figure heading south (https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/who_we_are/statistics_and_publications/statistics/pdf/M05-Dereg_by_Quota.PDF) and the population of 9-10 years old cars (https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/who_we_are/statistics_and_publications/statistics/pdf/M01-03M-Age.pdf) getting smaller, I think they already smell something unusual coming....

Neutral Newbie
18 minutes ago, Nowflies said:

one question, when should i pay balance? Anyone got asked to pay balance before COE is secured?

I think it’s after they secured the COE. Correct me if I’m wrong

Supersonic
28 minutes ago, Nowflies said:

one question, when should i pay balance? Anyone got asked to pay balance before COE is secured?

Only after they have secured coe for you then pay balance. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Silvermerc said:

With the de-registration figure heading south (https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/who_we_are/statistics_and_publications/statistics/pdf/M05-Dereg_by_Quota.PDF) and the population of 9-10 years old cars (https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/who_we_are/statistics_and_publications/statistics/pdf/M01-03M-Age.pdf) getting smaller, I think they already smell something unusual coming....

Hmm if its showing lesser deregistrations with increased demand, could it indicate more new car buyers with no trade-in cars? Lesser 9-10 year cars might indicate a younger car population from the previous increased car sales in 2019?

So right now theres probably a higher proportion of new car buyers + existing carbuyers, i dunno maybe?

Its so uncertain lol, many ADs have jacked up car price in response to the COE hike. Wont they maintain prices to get more buyers if they expect COE prices to fall gradually below 30k?

Edited by Blync
↡ Advertisement