Cars stored for long duration ok to buy?

LGmonitor

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Sin Tien Seng no longer sells new Daihatsu cars.

Who is selling Daihatsu cars now le?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Who is selling Daihatsu cars now le?

None.

Daihatsu has died a natural death like Chevrolet and Proton.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

None.

Daihatsu has died a natural death like Chevrolet and Proton.

Orh, didnt know no more Daihatsu liao?! [laugh] 

Turbocharged
(edited)

Daihatsu is essentially a rebranded Toyota

Daihatsu Terios = Toyota Rush

Daihatsu Sirion = Toyota Passo

Daihatsu Materia = Toyota bB

Spot the differences -

image.png.8fa4a43e991751ac6e2c8e1759b7e885.png

image.png.2d52d1b8f21ed54bc2e4c8958bef6aba.png

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

Daihatsus are now selling under the Toyota brand. Daihatsu is now a fully owned subsidiary of Toyota also.

There's a new one now called the Toyota Raize, which is a rebadged Daihatsu Rocky. I think can buy via PI.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Orh, didnt know no more Daihatsu liao?! [laugh] 

Most of Daihatsu lineup does not suit Singapore.

Supersonic
On 7/2/2020 at 3:58 PM, LGmonitor said:

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I buy it from a local AD, and according to their sales representative, the cars are stored in a warehouse and taken carefully. I believe its trust-able, will ask my friend help check carefully when collecting the car. Thank you very much. Brother

I'll suggest you bring your friend to check before signing on the dotted line!

20 hours ago, Fitvip said:

I'll suggest you bring your friend to check before signing on the dotted line!

Sorry, do you mean before signing Sales agreement or before collecting the car?

First time buying car, messy in my mind.....

Supersonic
2 hours ago, LGmonitor said:

Sorry, do you mean before signing Sales agreement or before collecting the car?

First time buying car, messy in my mind.....

Before signing the sales agreement!

On 6/30/2020 at 1:23 PM, LGmonitor said:

Finally find this place to post my "Questions" as a newbie.

I am considering to buy my first car, and after visiting some of the showrooms,  finally I found one model of a Japanese brand, of which the specifications and price are both acceptable.

The only issue is that the car has been stored for less than one year since it was produced.  I am wondering whether any negative impact on the quality of the car after such a long storage period, and what is the so called "acceptable storage duration" in the local market and what will can we do when we are going to buy such a car.

Thank you very much for every brothers/sisters suggestions. 

Suppose I met the same concern. Is it Jap brand named starting with "M"? 

It is my first time purchasing a car and I placed an order to the AD in the end of July. The SE offered 3K promotion but with quite low COE rebate. When I asked about the manufacture date, SE said it was August 2019 and the car arrived SG in September. The model was launched in the middle year of 2019, what was the reason that it had not been sold for 8 months before CB and was it still OK since had been stored for near one year with a long rainy season? The SE said the car would be no problem and he saw I was hesitating, then he added 1.5K more discount. I decided to try my luck as the car did interested me. But I have admit since I placed the order, I kept worrying about the car every time rains...

Now I could not tell I am lucky or not, since it looks that I will not get the car Lol. AD bid with a not high amount then asked me to top up and I refused, SE told me it is very likely I will not get the COE unless the premium comes to less than the number they bid before. Maybe I am not lucky as COE is going high further, and maybe I am lucky that I could seek for another car totally new, I am not sure haha.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, Shoebox said:

Really depends on where and how it was stored. No problem one la. What can we do about it anyway, since cars usually spend a few months on the sea, then stored again at least a few months here. You see the year of manufacture, you know liao. Most people are impatient, cannot wait few months for factory to make and ship, want ready stock, so dealers just import in bulk.

If it is an AD car, usually they got sub-con out these long term car storage to logistics providers, where they got take quite a lot of protective measures (enclosed warehouse, protective wrapping all around car, etc). I know cos i was working in such a company before. It will look something like this pic from Google. I can't show real pics, cos sensitive. Note the protection on the metallic body parts and the swee swee warehouse conditions. Minimal dust.

If PI car, then really depends on the individual PI liao... not to say PI no good, but some PIs are more cash strapped, and long term car storage is a cost, so corners may be cut.

What's more important is the pre-delivery checks that is done, where they should check everything working, check engine oil levels, tyre pressures, remove suspension delivery blocks, etc.

Warehouse_CQR_Tuushin-1024x554.png

Look at Toyota and Lexus cars...store in open air carpark at West Coast area. Where got protection?

48 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Look at Toyota and Lexus cars...store in open air carpark at West Coast area. Where got protection?

Depend on which AD and model la... automotive warehousing is not cheap. Toyota is high volume, low profit margin, don't expect too much.

Is like buy vegetable from NTUC and at atas supermarket. The price and packaging is different.

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Toyota don’t worry, always lack stock they sell so many where got long storage. Within 1 week move already!

1 hour ago, Zedj said:

Toyota don’t worry, always lack stock they sell so many where got long storage. Within 1 week move already!

Toyota is a trusted brand, mine previous car Toyota Altis 7 years no problem, now Mazda 2 years also good!😍

2 hours ago, Zedj said:

Maybe due to toyota and lexus cars move fast, thats why they can store their cars at open carpark. No problem at all. Lol.

29 minutes ago, fatmond said:

Which will you pick?

1) registered in sg jan 2020 with 17k omv

2) registered in sg april 2020 with 16k omv

Minimum differences to me for the OMV.. the "saving" can be killed by the COE.. I won't be too concern

If drive fully the COE term importantly the overall package.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Minimum differences to me for the OMV.. the "saving" can be killed by the COE.. I won't be too concern

If drive fully the COE term importantly the overall package.

Assuming same price and package (from same dealer)

↡ Advertisement