Buying New Car After Circuit Breaker

Vlsc

Anyone purchased / made deposit for new car during Circuit Breaker or after CB? 

Can pls Share your experience here. Quite curious is there any change in game by Ads and PIs since they have backlogs and stocks to clear. 

Managed to bargain better price? More freebies etc etc? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

all dealer says many backlog n keep pushing to sign off the agreement soonest . Really such good business under current situation ?

Turbocharged

Yes, online sales was overwhelming during the lockdown from April to May.

As the selling prices were lowered, distributors are expected to be muted in their bids, or it will eat into their margins. Any increase in COE price will be marginal.

(edited)

You should be interested when you ask this qns.

I am not sure abt the sales figures but it is reasonable that the price could be lower to attract potential buyers during this period with the condition of lower COE bidding price. Dealers do their maths and never at lossing end only at lower margin.

Sames go to the buyers. Just work out your affordable and willing to pay budget and go ahead with your plan.

Set lower target and get it or leave it is my personal opinion.

I don't think there will be drastic drop in COE. When dealers offer 20k bid price in general, then it should be ard there or higher. Just my thot.

Edited by Jtbc

Made a deposit for a skoda last week. Did my shopping over 2-3 weeks and feel that dealers are pretty aggressive since last week and willing to give larger discounts. 

Every single dealer told me they are booking lots of deals every week but don't know how true also la. Most crowded showroom ive ever been to was Mazda definitely. No space to sit on a Sat afternoon lol. 

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lord_singh said:

Made a deposit for a skoda last week. Did my shopping over 2-3 weeks and feel that dealers are pretty aggressive since last week and willing to give larger discounts. 

Every single dealer told me they are booking lots of deals every week but don't know how true also la. Most crowded showroom ive ever been to was Mazda definitely. No space to sit on a Sat afternoon lol. 

Wah showroom so crowded,  not afraid of covid ah 😄😄

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Wah showroom so crowded,  not afraid of covid ah 😄😄

Was a bit afraid to sit inside the car to try it out but the cleaners were cleaning it frequently enough lol

No choice anw... Have to go showroom to try the car. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Lord_singh said:

Hahh mazda crowded probably coz their selling price of cars w/o CoE "looks" attractive. Makes people tempted to go take a look. Lol

IsYour skoda w/o COE too? 

1 minute ago, Vlsc said:

Hahh mazda crowded probably coz their selling price of cars w/o CoE "looks" attractive. Makes people tempted to go take a look. Lol

IsYour skoda w/o COE too? 

No the skoda list price was including COE. But i kept saying COE confirm go down to the SE over and over again to lower the price haha. 

Mazda was giving a very attractive price for its Mazda 6 to be honest. But quite frankly, the SE could only sell me its price. Kept going on and on about how cheap it is. Nothing else about the car really wowed me. 

• Praise 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:06 AM, Vlsc said:

Anyone purchased / made deposit for new car during Circuit Breaker or after CB? 

Can pls Share your experience here. Quite curious is there any change in game by Ads and PIs since they have backlogs and stocks to clear. 

Managed to bargain better price? More freebies etc etc? 

8 hours ago, Lord_singh said:

Was a bit afraid to sit inside the car to try it out but the cleaners were cleaning it frequently enough lol

No choice anw... Have to go showroom to try the car. 

I think Coe wont crash cos there were orders for cars during the CB period  but no sales.  So backlog is definite.  It's just how big is the  backlog.

Yea I wanted to go and look at the cars but I was thinking would I be wasting their resources if I just go to look look.  I do have an interest to buy but I can look look for years and years....

Supersonic
45 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I think Coe wont crash cos there were orders for cars during the CB period  but no sales.  So backlog is definite.  It's just how big is the  backlog.

Yea I wanted to go and look at the cars but I was thinking would I be wasting their resources if I just go to look look.  I do have an interest to buy but I can look look for years and years....

You better go get a new car quickly, procrastinating your  car  buying can be a symptom of aging. 😄😄

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

I made a deposit for a BMW on Monday. Whatever happens will happen.

Edited by BMWX5
typo
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Lord_singh said:

No the skoda list price was including COE. But i kept saying COE confirm go down to the SE over and over again to lower the price haha. 

Mazda was giving a very attractive price for its Mazda 6 to be honest. But quite frankly, the SE could only sell me its price. Kept going on and on about how cheap it is. Nothing else about the car really wowed me. 

How cheap is cheap for Mz6?

9 hours ago, Samlimlp said:

Skoda price Include COE? Guaranteed 1 bid? Or at what price are they bidding for?

6 bid non guaranteed. But SE told me 1st bid sure get. Lets see. No reason to doubt a AD too much. 

My family placed deposit for Jazz 1.3 last Sat, SE gave 6-bid guaranteed COE without topping-up. No clue how bidding will go next week, shall see. Kah Ubi showroom was initially quite empty when we reached at around 10.30, but crowd started to come in at around 11 plus.