Largest Pizza Hut Operator In US Files For Bankruptcy, S’pore Stores Stay Open

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Largest Pizza Hut Operator In US Files For Bankruptcy, S’pore Stores Stay Open

source: https://mustsharenews.com/pizza-hut-bankruptcy/

pizza-hut-bankruptcy.jpg

Largest Pizza Hut Franchisee In The US Files For Bankruptcy Due To Covid-19 Woes

Pizza Hut is probably everyone’s earliest association with the doughy Italian delicacy and staple party food.

To know that the major international brand is facing financial woes must surely tug at the cheese strings of all pizza lovers.

pizza-hut-jp.jpg

Luckily, you won’t have to go on a pizza cleanse yet. Pizza Hut’s operator in the US may have filed for bankruptcy, but stores are still open.

Major Pizza Hut operator in US  files for bankruptcy

According to CNBC, the largest operator of Pizza Hut in the US, NPC International Inc., filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday (1 Jul).

Specifically, NPC filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which gives them time to reorganise their business affairs and finances.

While doing so, operations will continue as usual, meaning that all the stores in the US are still serving food.

Pre-existing issues worsened by Covid-19

The bankruptcy case in the US is largely due to pre-existing financial struggles which the Covid-19 pandemic aggravated, reports Bloomberg.

Inability to cope with increasing labour and food costs, as well as competition has landed NPC International Inc. US$903 million or roughly S$1.2 billion in debt.

Pizza-Hut-Flatlay.jpg

Though they have time now to pay off their bills, Bloomberg states that they may eventually have to close some restaurants in the US. NPC currently operates 1,227 Pizza Hut stores there.

No news from Singapore outlets

Thankfully, their financial situation doesn’t affect the countless other franchises around the world.

So you’d be happy to know that your favourite outlet at the nearest mall will still be open.

Let’s hope they’ll continue to stay open for a long time, as Pizza Hut is one of the long-time favourite brands Singaporeans turn to. If you’re craving for pizza, we’d suggest you start making plans for your next meal soon.

GNC and now Pizza hut, who is next taking the hit? 😣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Whatever happen to Trump's "America First"?

All that protectionism he had worked so hard on goes down the drain because of the virus.

• Haha! 1

No loss as there are better pizza stores out there. I don't rule out the possibility that many companies are just using COVID-19 as an excuse to run away from financial liability.

Will KFC follow suit? [sly]

• Praise 7

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

No loss as there are better pizza stores out there. I don't rule out the possibility that many companies are just using COVID-19 as an excuse to run away from financial liability. 

Huh. KFC cannot lah. I every christmas need to eat zinger burger one. hahahhaa.

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

huh? lol

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

huh? lol

Haha. I joking only lah. But I do patronise KFC more often than Macs.

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Singapore Pizza Hut operate by YUM group.. likewise for KFC and Taco Bell.. hopefully they survive.. 

Hahha. Speaking of which hor, Taco bell is back at Malaysia. . . .

https://www.malaymail.com/news/eat-drink/2020/06/28/taco-bell-is-opening-in-malaysia-soon/1879505

Clearly there is a shift in spending power compared to the AMDK.

34 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yes, you are Japanese. It is a tradition.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, you are Japanese. It is a tradition.

Woah! You know they have this tradition! hahaha.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I tried generic franchise brands like Domino's,  Canadian and Pizza Hut... Still prefer Pizza Hut. Canadian is OK also... But I don't like Domino's.

I also tried the pizza shop with a long q at the basement of suntec... Not my type also.  

You got recommendation for nice but priced like PH? 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

My fav is domino. Pizza hut crust like bread. 

same. i like portofini prawn on new york crust! 

That's my go to order! 

4 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Whatever happen to Trump's "America First"?

All that protectionism he had worked so hard on goes down the drain because of the virus.

pizza is Italian, if donut then he will help[laugh]

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

I tried generic franchise brands like Domino's,  Canadian and Pizza Hut... Still prefer Pizza Hut. Canadian is OK also... But I don't like Domino's.

I also tried the pizza shop with a long q at the basement of suntec... Not my type also.  

You got recommendation for nice but priced like PH? 

Marche pizza is nice. 

(edited)

u guys should try Pizzamaru, its a korean pizza, slightly pricy but its the best pizza in my opinion

image.thumb.png.ed9e288a30563b7beb96559b0be7afd7.png

Edited by RickyWee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1