Anyone into Jigsaw Puzzles?

BabyBlade

Supersonic
50 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

A lot la. It's quite crazy. Definitely harder than I expected. Still need to worry about the framing part. Tabao cancelled my order because of size limitation.

Omg, you better stop pulling your hair every second, if not by the time you completed the puzzling, you become botak liao?! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

You are the first person on MCF that is still into jigsaw puzzling. Finally! Pintoo is the brand with the jigsaw puzzle that snap together so you don't need to use glue to hold it together right? I'm actually new at this and just started my 1500 piece puzzle yesterday. Already taken more than 12 hours and only about 30% done. To make things a little worse, I think I got the borders wrongly fixed and the corner puzzles ain't joining up. Haha I'm PUZZLED jigsaw puzzling can be therapeutic because I'm pulling my hair every second.

Yes Pintoo doesn't need glue and the pieces snap nicely together.

It is therapeutic for me as I get into the 'zone' and forget everything else. Actually piecing big jigsaw puzzles require some planning and strategies too, enjoy! You'll feel a sense of achievement when you complete it. Show us the end result!

Internal Moderator
18 hours ago, Mazda2gal said:

Yes Pintoo doesn't need glue and the pieces snap nicely together.

It is therapeutic for me as I get into the 'zone' and forget everything else. Actually piecing big jigsaw puzzles require some planning and strategies too, enjoy! You'll feel a sense of achievement when you complete it. Show us the end result!

IMG_20200725_145505.thumb.jpg.922a51618514460619ebcba8b844360c.jpg

This is my third day on it and it's damn frustrating haha. I need a jigsaw puzzle mat. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

IMG_20200725_145505.thumb.jpg.922a51618514460619ebcba8b844360c.jpg

This is my third day on it and it's damn frustrating haha. I need a jigsaw puzzle mat. 

I see liao also frustrating. Lol.

Internal Moderator

As of yesterday. I have to say it is quite satisfying as well. Now I'm left with mostly the black and blue pieces. 

IMG_20200727_102015.jpg

IMG-20200727-WA0006.jpeg

• Praise 3

Completed my first 1500 pcs jigsaw, took 35hrs, really a challenge and made me think twice about starting on a 2000pcs jigsaw. I think 18hrs was the most i spent on my toughest ever 1000pc jigsaw.

20200816_122249.jpg

• Praise 4

24 minutes ago, Mazda2gal said:

Completed my first 1500 pcs jigsaw, took 35hrs, really a challenge and made me think twice about starting on a 2000pcs jigsaw. I think 18hrs was the most i spent on my toughest ever 1000pc jigsaw.

20200816_122249.jpg

Took 35 hrs is consider fast le. Think i need to take weeks to finish or even give up. 😅

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
20 hours ago, Mazda2gal said:

20200816_122249.jpg

Wanted to give you a heart emoji but there's no heart emoji. This looks really difficult! The duller colors. How do you calculate your hours anw? Do you time only when you're working on it?

Internal Moderator
19 hours ago, 13177 said:

Took 35 hrs is consider fast le. Think i need to take weeks to finish or even give up. 😅

For this puzzle I think 35 hours is fast too! 

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I completed mine sometime back, with a missing piece. 

IMG_20200810_171010.jpg

Why is there a missing piece?

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Why is there a missing piece?

Already missing on the very first day I got it. Read the reviews apparently quite common for this brand/design.

• Shocked 2

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

Already missing on the very first day I got it. Read the reviews apparently quite common for this brand/design.

That is . . . . 

Blacklist!

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

That is . . . . 

Blacklist!

This is the Ceaco brand. Reviews on Amazon quite bad. Some had like anything from 1 to 6 missing pieces. I'm considered lucky, only one! Haha. 

• Haha! 1

These kind of things are only possible when you have a home without kids [laugh]

Completed a 2000-piece puzzle when i moved into my first HDB, staying all alone in the first few months, can just lay all the pieces on the floor and start building.

The completed puzzle was framed and still hangs from a wall at home - 20+ years old!

Nowadays with the house full of stuff and other occupants, it's impossible - maybe wait till kids have grown up and moved out, and re-start the hobby.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Wanted to give you a heart emoji but there's no heart emoji. This looks really difficult! The duller colors. How do you calculate your hours anw? Do you time only when you're working on it?

Thanks, yes the duller colors part was very difficult, so difficult I thought I had missing pieces. I set my phone timer to ring every 1hr or 30mins while I work on it. It also reminds me to stretch my muscles periodically. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1