Self bid COE

Vlsc

(edited)

Anyone here trying to self bid COE on your own? Or have made a booking for a car without COE with the recent promo without COE? 

Share your experience w us here. 😁

Screenshot_20200706_200325.jpg

Edited by Vlsc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Have you visited any PI or AD's and asked them how they will work with you??  I tried it donkey years back and like finally ran out of traction as they cold shoulder you or ask for premium top up or even remove all the frills that they used to give 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 4

AD said EYT

eat yourself tonight 😬😬😬

bigger profit from higher loan 

profit above people mah 🤣🤣🤣

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Sad truth is self bid COE only makes sense if you're the real DIY sort, and that means importing a car yourself. 

It's been done. 

And no, it's not easy.

• Praise 3

You are in a better bargaining position if you have your own COE. Just dangle it in front of the dealers. They know you are dead serious because you must use it. It's a confirmed sale for them to lose.

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Anyone here trying to self bid COE on your own? Or have made a booking for a car without COE with the recent promo without COE? 

Share your experience w us here. 😁

Car distributors will mark up the price of the car if you purchase without COE.

Current COE is $30K.

The Nisan Sylphy is selling at $82K with COE. but if you choose to purchase without COE, Tan Chong Motors will sell you the car at $62K.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Have you visited any PI or AD's and asked them how they will work with you??  I tried it donkey years back and like finally ran out of traction as they cold shoulder you or ask for premium top up or even remove all the frills that they used to give 

Agree, forget about ADs, they short of asking one to fly kite, they are  not keen. 

• Praise 1

So all those adverts of cars price w/o COE are all gimmick la? Attract people to visit their showroom take a look and then somehow they will psycho u to sign w price including coe package where they will do bidding for u. 

Somehow I feel Ads and dealers are controlling price this way. If most Ads all giving a rebate at 20k, surely they will bid slightly above 20k in order Not having to give customers rebate. And that is also why all only bid at the 11th hour. Majiam all pakat price. 

In scenario where there are individual parties go bid on their own, surely they will bid low. Probably that's how that $2 COE happened. I wish there is more transparency in showing how many bids were made by individual bidders each round. 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I have just bid as well. Have to wait and see wednesday 3.50pm to 4.00pm how it goes. This time the attempt is just to get familiar the bidding process. Probably will only drop in august-september. Kah Motors, Komoco and Borneo open to selling car without a huge premium. I mean 2-3k extra at max. But had to speak to many agents before one was keen. But still worth it given komoco does not have full coe rebate. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tman87 said:

I have just bid as well. Have to wait and see wednesday 3.50pm to 4.00pm how it goes. This time the attempt is just to get familiar the bidding process. Probably will only drop in august-september. Kah Motors, Komoco and Borneo open to selling car without a huge premium. I mean 2-3k extra at max. But had to speak to many agents before one was keen. But still worth it given komoco does not have full coe rebate. 

Oh I see. So u have managed to find an AD which is willing to sell u just the car should u be successful in your own bidding? Signed any agreement w them ? So u started bidding $1  from the atm machine and prepared to revise at the last 10mins? It's my first time looking at the COE bidding Web and I m still thinking whether I wanna try bidding myself. Lol 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Vlsc said:

So all those adverts of cars price w/o COE are all gimmick la? Attract people to visit their showroom take a look and then somehow they will psycho u to sign w price including coe package where they will do bidding for u. 

Somehow I feel Ads and dealers are controlling price this way. If most Ads all giving a rebate at 20k, surely they will bid slightly above 20k in order Not having to give customers rebate. And that is also why all only bid at the 11th hour. Majiam all pakat price. 

In scenario where there are individual parties go bid on their own, surely they will bid low. Probably that's how that $2 COE happened. I wish there is more transparency in showing how many bids were made by individual bidders each round. 

My friend booked a Subaru and when he told me COE offset is $14k ...... I was shocked at how much badly the gap is in favor of seller 

Look at current situation, AD / PI still has a huge profit margin on their car. Looking at the rebate coe level, trend is going down hill after a couple of coe exercise resulting rebate at such a low amount. Therefore if can HOLD, wait awhile to see the current coe results then go in . 

8 hours ago, BanCoe said:

My friend booked a Subaru and when he told me COE offset is $14k ...... I was shocked at how much badly the gap is in favor of seller 

Oh did ur friend just booked after CB? SO rebate amount now decrease further to 14K? THat will be interesting. 

Neutral Newbie
11 hours ago, Vlsc said:

once the rebate level is set, it doesn't matter to them if the actual price is $2 or $20k tho

only when the coe goes above their rebate level, then they will decide if they want to absorb the extra cost into their profit margin

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
10 hours ago, Vlsc said:

Oh I see. So u have managed to find an AD which is willing to sell u just the car should u be successful in your own bidding? Signed any agreement w them ? So u started bidding $1  from the atm machine and prepared to revise at the last 10mins? It's my first time looking at the COE bidding Web and I m still thinking whether I wanna try bidding myself. Lol 

Yes exactly. But if the ADs play me out I have a plan B with PI. So got my bases covered. I did not sign any agreement yet. Secure COE then talk and negotiate further.

Edited by Tman87

Hypersonic
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Vlsc said:

Oh did ur friend just booked after CB? SO rebate amount now decrease further to 14K? THat will be interesting. 

He just signed a day back and the car on the road is $97k, i dont know which particular variant but its the Forester Eye Sight or something like that (no sun roof model I remember him saying so as he has no need for it) and with mandatory taking of Insurance (1st year) and Loan min 30k for 3 years I think so, again ; But he has  to be bidded with guarantee but with 6 bids  

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement