Toyota Corolla Cross

Stratovarius

27 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Thanks. Ya I know aks engine has less hp but @ 98bhp it seems really low for a 1.8 litre. Look at the new RAV4 prime, 2.5litre with 176hp which is more reasonable.

Yes, that's because the 2ZR-FXE is from an older family of engines, so can't compare directly. 

RAV4 Prime is using the Dynamic Force family of engines, key features such as the higher compression and D-4S direct infection etc make up the differences. 

At least 10 years apart between them...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Yes, that's because the 2ZR-FXE is from an older family of engines, so can't compare directly. 

RAV4 Prime is using the Dynamic Force family of engines, key features such as the higher compression and D-4S direct infection etc make up the differences. 

ZR is an old engine.  I think it is started from Altis FL 2 gen ago till current gen Corolla.

Otto cycle 1.8L produces 12x hp.

Atkinson cycle 1.8L produces 90hp is within expectation.

Other than hand, RAV4 2.5L is 200hp.  Hybrid version at 170 is quite normal.

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Good to know that. Seems that Toyota is stepping up on their hybrid to put up more interesting and higher performance cars on the road with RAV4 prime together with traditional technology like the Yaris gr and supra.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, GoodCar said:

Maybe I will consider if it is price lower than forester.

Toyota cars esp for their SUV quite overprice lo. There are many other choices of SUV which is also not bad and yet price cheaper than toyota. Example like forester, this SUV is packed with so many good features and yet price is not like super expensive.

• Praise 2

There are pros and cons to almost everything. If you find it overpriced, it is overpriced cos of the taxes here. Everyone from gahment, dealer and sales person wants a piece of the profit. Although there's the alternative choice of self import, self bid coe you will still hear ppl comprain about the overpriced issue.

If you want more affordable price you can always buy from PI. But dont expect them to give you any after sales service like safety recalls or software updates like the moose test seen in earlier post. You are pretty much on your own. 

If you are looking for a good deal, you wait for that chance, wait for car shows or black Friday or Christmas sales. LoL...buy car in Singapore is like that. If you say the same thing, comprain about the same overpriced stuff, are things going to change?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
On 7/22/2020 at 4:48 PM, Lethalstrike said:

I'm guessing its because the 2ZR-FXE is an Atkinson cycle engine, not the usual Otto cycle. By the difference from the combustion process alone, the 2ZR-FXE is biased towards fuel economy and not power. 

C-HR 1.8 hybrid is fundamentally the same 2ZR-FXE engine. But on PI versions brought into SG, its rated at 122 hp instead of 98 hp. My logical guess is that the PI versions are Japanese Domestic Market vehicles typically rated on 100 RON petrol which is commonly available in Japan, thus the higher hp rating. Elsewhere around the world, 95 / 98 RON are more common, which leads to the lower hp rating. 

Most jdm can use 92 octane. 

36 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Likely around Corolla price

U think so? SUV normally priced higher than saloon.

• Praise 4

18 minutes ago, Spring said:

U think so? SUV normally priced higher than saloon.

RAV4 is around $130-140k.

If it is priced around Corolla Elegance, it should moves.

Otherwise, it will end up like CH-R

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

RAV4 is around $130-140k.

If it is priced around Corolla Elegance, it should moves.

Otherwise, it will end up like CH-R

Ya price is important but I doubt it will be near Elegance price although I hope it is. That said, my gut feel is that this Corolla Cross won't even be brought in by Borneo. I suspect the Yaris Cross will be brought in instead as this car is cheaper n will possibly be near Elegance pricing.

• Praise 6

1 minute ago, Spring said:

Ya price is important but I doubt it will be near Elegance price although I hope it is. That said, my gut feel is that this Corolla Cross won't even be brought in by Borneo. I suspect the Yaris Cross will be brought in instead as this car is cheaper n will possibly be near Elegance pricing.

Corolla Cross might earn more $$ for TMAP as compared to Yaris Cross.

15 hours ago, mikk123 said:

thank you for your support....Borneo motor boss is overjoyed today 😁

They sure happy one mah, Toyota also have share in Subaru. No?

Buy anyone they also huat :D

Edited by GoodCar

17 hours ago, Spring said:

Borneo definitely won't being in the Corolla Cross. The interior is exactly the same as the Altis. And the exterior looks like a jacked up Sienta. 

This model will not move in the S'pore context. 

At least the CHR had it's uniquely aggressive exterior and interior going for it and yet it's sales paled in comparison to vezel.  

Now those looking for a compact SUV are all making a beeline for the PI Mercedes GLA. $112k for outgoing model with guaranteed COE is a steal. 

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Praise 1

54 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

it will not be at that kind of pricing, it will be slightly lower than vezel. Yaris was never a premium brand. Even if BN sell high, PI will come in to have a bite of the share. 

That's good to hear. In that case, possible to bring Corolla Cross? My theory on why Yaris Cross will come in is due to the fact that Borneo will want to sell a "cheaper ie mass market" Crossover/SUV like Vezel/HRV as currently there is a void for Toyota there since CHR is pricey and RAV4 is different class altogether.

Ideal scenario is both Yaris Cross and Corolla Cross comes in to give buyers choices but somehow I don't think that will happen. Also cos Yaris Cross has a MIT version but i don't think Corolla Cross has or does it?

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Borneo definitely won't being in the Corolla Cross. The interior is exactly the same as the Altis. And the exterior looks like a jacked up Sienta. 

This model will not move in the S'pore context. 

At least the CHR had it's uniquely aggressive exterior and interior going for it and yet it's sales paled in comparison to vezel.  

Now those looking for a compact SUV are all making a beeline for the PI Mercedes GLA. $112k for outgoing model with guaranteed COE is a steal. 

Yes I also think Corolla Cross won't come in though my feel is more to do with the price than anything else. Also, Borneo normally sells MIT/MII cars for the lower end models n since Yaris Cross has a MIT version, that will likely be the Crossover that comes here.

Wow $112k for PI GLA is indeed a good price!

• Praise 4

Wow $112k for PI GLA is indeed a good price!

If this is true - a good buy based on my opinion.

issue here only afraid the coe not secure / PI run off 

Which PI is having this pricing - 

↡ Advertisement