Toyota Corolla Cross

Stratovarius

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Yes I also think Corolla Cross won't come in though my feel is more to do with the price than anything else. Also, Borneo normally sells MIT/MII cars for the lower end models n since Yaris Cross has a MIT version, that will likely be the Crossover that comes here.

Wow $112k for PI GLA is indeed a good price!

Yes it is a great price!

My colleague was quoted this price a couple of months back after including all the discounts.

Was told that the PI had ready stock at that time. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Colin03 said:

Wow $112k for PI GLA is indeed a good price!

If this is true - a good buy based on my opinion.

issue here only afraid the coe not secure / PI run off 

Which PI is having this pricing - 

The PI is Auto Zoom. 

My colleague was quoted $112k for the GLA after factoring in all the discounts. 

I think he's collecting it soon. 

Personally, won't go for PI vehicles after a bad experience 2 decades back. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Borneo definitely won't being in the Corolla Cross. The interior is exactly the same as the Altis. And the exterior looks like a jacked up Sienta. 

This model will not move in the S'pore context. 

At least the CHR had it's uniquely aggressive exterior and interior going for it and yet it's sales paled in comparison to vezel.  

Now those looking for a compact SUV are all making a beeline for the PI Mercedes GLA. $112k for outgoing model with guaranteed COE is a steal. 

Well is that why they are clearing their CHR stocks and they will drop the CHR from the line up?

Pls read here https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/toyota-crosses-up-the-corolla-for-a-new-car/

Our Yaris Cross will look like this people.The Europe ones will be too complicated and expensive to be sold at huge profit. Asean Yaris is just a Vios with a chopped off boot. All Vios mech so running cost is low. 

image.png.32cd800f581b46d0bd5e9753d0e7f2b7.png

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Spring said:

Also cos Yaris Cross has a MIT version but i don't think Corolla Cross has or does it?

"The All-New Corolla CROSS will be rolled out at our Gateway manufacturing plant, which is our passenger car plant in Chachoengsao province, from 13 July 2020. Most importantly, the car is made by Thais and exported to other markets by Thais.”

https://www.toyota.co.th/en/news/EdBwlNOD

Corolla Cross debuts to the world in Thailand just last month. Obviously it's made in Thailand. Surprisingly, we in South East Asia are getting the Corolla Cross first. It's available now in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines and Brunei.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_Cross

On the other hand the Yaris Cross JDM version is selling in Japan. So PI will most likely bring this in. The Thai "Vios/Ativ/Yaris Cross" is not available on Toyota Thailand website anymore, I believe it's dis-continued after the launch of their Corolla Cross. In Europe and USA, the Corolla Cross and Yaris Cross is not even available. I see only CHR, RAV4, Highlander and Land Cruiser.

TLDR : Crolla Cross - ASEAN. Yaris Cross - JDM. And I strongly believe the Corolla Cross will be coming to Singapore very soon.

Edited by Zxcvb
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

"The All-New Corolla CROSS will be rolled out at our Gateway manufacturing plant, which is our passenger car plant in Chachoengsao province, from 13 July 2020. Most importantly, the car is made by Thais and exported to other markets by Thais.”

https://www.toyota.co.th/en/news/EdBwlNOD

Corolla Cross debuts to the world in Thailand just last month. Obviously it's made in Thailand. Surprisingly, we in South East Asia are getting the Corolla Cross first. It's available now in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines and Brunei.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_Cross

On the other hand the Yaris Cross JDM version is selling in Japan. So PI will most likely bring this in. The Thai "Vios/Ativ/Yaris Cross" is not available on Toyota Thailand website anymore, I believe it's dis-continued after the launch of their Corolla Cross. In Europe and USA, the Corolla Cross and Yaris Cross is not even available. I see only CHR, RAV4, Highlander and Land Cruiser.

TLDR : Crolla Cross - ASEAN. Yaris Cross - JDM. And I strongly believe the Corolla Cross will be coming to Singapore very soon.

Tks bro! So Corolla Cross is MIT so possibility of coming here which is good news! Just hope the pricing is fair. Got my facts wrong then cos I thought I read somewhere Yaris Cross MIT hence i deduced it would be the model that's coming here.

• Praise 4

If Corolla Cross comes in, it is likely to be competing at HR-V price level.

I am skeptical about Yaris Cross as the region is still selling Mk3 Yaris 

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

sorry, i disagree. Corolla cross should be above HRV. Yaris cross is at HRV level. Corolla cross is 1.8L.

Correct. The JDM Yaris Cross is a 1.5L engine/hybrid. The Corolla Cross is 1.8L engine/hybrid. The Yaris Cross is also smaller than the Corolla Cross looking at the dimension measurements. If Borneo Motors bring in the Corolla Cross and PI bring in the Yaris Cross, then obviously PI will hugely out-sell Borneo Motors cos BM pricing is always a premium, plus it's 1.8L. I would say at least a $20,000 - $30,000 price gap between the BM's Corolla Cross and PI's Yaris Cross. Unless I'm wrong and BM brings in the Yaris Cross which is very very unlikely as TMAP will force them to take from Thailand like the rest of ASEAN countries. 😁

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Yaris_Cross

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_Cross

23 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

Correct. The JDM Yaris Cross is a 1.5L engine/hybrid. The Corolla Cross is 1.8L engine/hybrid. The Yaris Cross is also smaller than the Corolla Cross looking at the dimension measurements. If Borneo Motors bring in the Corolla Cross and PI bring in the Yaris Cross, then obviously PI will hugely out-sell Borneo Motors cos BM pricing is always a premium, plus it's 1.8L. I would say at least a $20,000 - $30,000 price gap between the BM's Corolla Cross and PI's Yaris Cross. Unless I'm wrong and BM brings in the Yaris Cross which is very very unlikely as TMAP will force them to take from Thailand like the rest of ASEAN countries. 😁

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Yaris_Cross

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_Cross

Yaris Cross has a MIT version as well although u mentioned it has been taken off Toyota Thailand website? This car is new so for it to be removed suddenly is strange. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
24 minutes ago, Spring said:

Yaris Cross has a MIT version as well although u mentioned it has been taken off Toyota Thailand website? This car is new so for it to be removed suddenly is strange. 

The Thai “Vios/Ativ/Yaris Cross” can’t find anymore after they facelifted it. Can still find this at Taiwan Toyota website. 

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

The Thai “Vios/Ativ/Yaris Cross” can’t find anymore after they facelifted it. Can still find this at Taiwan Toyota website. 

That's previous Gen.

16 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

We will get japan Yaris Cross and that is for sure. 

Lower end Toyota models brought in by Borneo is almost 100% Thai made (bar Sienta which is Indo made), unless u talking about PI; I doubt if Borneo will bring in Jap Yaris Cross?

• Praise 3

On 8/26/2020 at 11:38 PM, GoodCar said:

Very disappointing leh after hearing all the analysis above.

MIT car

1.8NA cc selling about same price than some higher spec or bigger car 

With internet, the people are more aware what type of price we are paying compare to other country. 

Even people up North have CDK car to choose from with better value proposition. 

Some time must rant Abit. :D

59 minutes ago, GoodCar said:

Very disappointing leh after hearing all the analysis above.

MIT car

1.8NA cc selling about same price than some higher spec or bigger car 

With internet, the people are more aware what type of price we are paying compare to other country. 

Even people up North have CDK car to choose from with better value proposition. 

Some time must rant Abit. :D

In Msia, RAV4 is imported from Japan and sold for RM220k. 
After removing our COE of $40k, it is still $30k more ex.

Our spec is worst than Malaysia

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

In Msia, RAV4 is imported from Japan and sold for RM220k. 
After removing our COE of $40k, it is still $30k more ex.

Our spec is worst than Malaysia

interesting..

any singapore selling price after deduct COE will be cheaper than Malaysia ?

25 minutes ago, Contipro said:

interesting..

any singapore selling price after deduct COE will be cheaper than Malaysia ?

Off my head, i think NONE.

↡ Advertisement