Looking for a car on a tight budget

Shinylord

Supercharged
58 minutes ago, Shinylord said:

Well that one way to get even more motivated , a goal to be able to own car somedays w/o any financial troubles etc 🙂

Sure, wish u success

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

40 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

And if u don't have experience driving on the road for long hours n not familiar with the road, better don't drive phv. Any accidents the excess is by the thousands n traffic offence fine just 

Wew , good to know tat , accidents seem to happen alot nowdays from wat i seen, last one i rmb was the yellow lambo one , cnt imagine the cost needed

1 hour ago, Shoebox said:

Ah I see. Ya... times are unstable... Maybe grab driver not a very good idea.  Oops.

Infant care at hdb is around 1.4k before subsidy. You may be able to qualify for gov subsidies based on your household income, which really help a lot. May end up cheaper than nanny or maid.

https://www.ecda.gov.sg/Pages/Subsidies-and-Financial-Assistance.aspx

@Volvobrick I'm at that stage now! :(((

How did this thread turn from budget car into kids. Haha 

Good to know that , been doing alot research lately since its my first time entering fatherhood , finally understand the amout of pressure etc in order to raise a child here but is shall not ask anymore qns abt kids since tis is technically a car forum 😅

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, Shinylord said:

Good to know that , been doing alot research lately since its my first time entering fatherhood , finally understand the amout of pressure etc in order to raise a child here but is shall not ask anymore qns abt kids since tis is technically a car forum 😅

Kids are great, I used to be one myself actually.

And you know the best thing about them?

Making them.

:grin:

Happy.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Shinylord said:

Feel free to ask anything under the sun, MCF have come a long way and is no longer just about cars... It can also stand for My Child Forum! :grin::grin:

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 7

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, Jamesc said:

In MY on the NSH can see Axia, Bezza and Myvi doing 170, 180.

Flying pass the cars doing 100 as if they were standing still.

All I can say is Malaysia Boleh!

• Haha! 2

An average car expenses is Ard 1500 pm

An average healthy baby drinking formula milk n no infant care

$500

Actually to be honest, take home 1600 I don't dare to have kids. Since ur baby is already coming, u should think of how to earn more, instead of thinking how to spend more money. Yes, I understand with car, it's easier to travel around during this pandemic but live within ur limits. There r many challenges coming, so be prepared 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
On 7/7/2020 at 11:52 PM, Shinylord said:

Which used dealer might u suggest to get it from , been going through the forum seem like is hard to find a trusted one 😞

How much would the maintenance cost and if possible may i know roughly hw much will an insurance cost to owning such a car

Well im bringing a stable income of ard 1.6k after cpf deduct if that helps but yes gotta keep some spare for baby power, diapers etc 😅

There are many parents with new born baby also not owning car.

Really not recommended with bring home income of $1.6k and current economic. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kia7200 said:

An average car expenses is Ard 1500 pm

An average healthy baby drinking formula milk n no infant care

$500

Actually to be honest, take home 1600 I don't dare to have kids. Since ur baby is already coming, u should think of how to earn more, instead of thinking how to spend more money. Yes, I understand with car, it's easier to travel around during this pandemic but live within ur limits. There r many challenges coming, so be prepared 

Agreed on the challenges that needed to raise a newborn child with the current amount im taking home . Been signing up for those govt wdf skill courses in hoping tat i could have a better chance on landing a higher paid job or atleast an increase in current salary but in the current economic situation rn , hu knows , i just gotta be positive n prepared for anything tat come my ways 🙂

Should have listen to parent and study hard  n stay in sch during my younger days instead of running off and playing ard , guess such action came back to bite me 😅

Edited by Shinylord
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Shinylord said:

Agreed on the challenges that needed to raise a newborn child with the current amount im taking home . Been signing up for those govt wdf skill courses in hoping tat i could have a better chance on landing a higher paid job or atleast an increase in current salary but in the current economic situation rn , hu knows , i just gotta be positive n prepared for anything tat come my ways 🙂

Should have listen to parent and study hard  n stay in sch during my younger days instead of running off and playing ard , guess such action came back to bite me 😅

Ur wife working?

Raising a kid really gonna spend u alot of money. And because of budget, u can't give the best for ur kid all the time, u will feel horrible

U may consider to do food delivery jobs to earn extra at the moment. But make sure u don't kana the virus

Supersonic
18 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Feel free to ask anything under the sun, MCF have come a long way and is no longer just about cars... It can also stand for My Child Forum! :grin::grin:

can ask his wife to post questions here too, Mother Care Forum. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 7/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, Mockngbrd said:

You come online to find validation for u to buy a car? 

1.6k bring home means monthly 2k?  Don't buy shit.

The only thing you should be aiming for now is a house first since u now have family. Don't be stupid and ownself kill ownself.  

How to buy car? Even stupid old Corolla like this.
https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=832682&DL=2026

Lai I help chu see why I say if you buy car you are stupid.

You also need ard 5k for initial downpayment and whatever fees and insurance. 

Every month also need to chut 400 for loan,
another 100 for petrol,
rd tax 92 a month,
parking HDB season monthly agar agar 100,
cashcard/outside parking when go gai gai, give you small small 30,
then set aside some $$$ for maintenance, give u easy easy also, 100 a month la. If you need to change tyre, prob another 500?
Also your car insurance, new driver, no NCD, give u 1k a year bah. 
Your monthly outlay easy easy monthly for a lok lok car is around 800-900 liao.

Your take home 1.6k effectively wiped out half. You left with 700-800 dollar to support your daily makans, and now got newborn. You makan what? Everyday eat cai png for lunch on workdays also $4-$5? 1 month 80-100 liao, haven't even count dinner. Ok la, dinner cook at home, need to buy groceries, chut another 100 a month. Now left with $500-$600 for your family/newborn duties. You got set aside $$$ for income tax and all your baby medical/clinic fees? All these is without going out for any outings also hor. You got car you won't go out gai gai? Confirm will right? don;'t forget, a car loan is also ard 5-7 years of being tied down. 

Don't be stupid.  But hor, I say so much. I think you will still go buy and think you can do simi grab hitch to offset your car.  So I wish u all the best.

Wow legend.

Mine one generation earlier. 

On 7/8/2020 at 11:34 AM, ofallpplwhymee said:

if really need a car can consider like me get a used perodua. those coed car, is just a car with nothing to shout about. My consideration is getting the cheapest available  with financial worries for breakdown (i changed the whole ac system , clutch plate, radiator and engine gasket after taking over for about 1k sgd). I hope it can last for the next 10 yrs (and the road tax wont be so expensive given it is a litre car).

Mine answer. 

It won't. Down the road there will be more repairs to come. Also need to factor in some of the spare might not be easily available.

Yearly vehicle inspection? 

In a few years you might need to factor in a few k for engine overhaul.

My advice keep the car for 5 years the max. 

On 7/8/2020 at 2:45 PM, Shinylord said:

Thx for the congrats and welcome 🙂

Did you factor in the ad hoc medical costs for your new born. It won't be cheap as well. 

On 7/8/2020 at 3:57 PM, Shinylord said:

Yup and that what i did , decided on not getting a car and spend my time and money on my new family 🙂

Go for the cutey car Sg blue.

Check if they are within walking distance.  Convenient and economical in your case.

(edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 9:18 PM, Jamesc said:

So many nonsense post here.

No reason why TS cannot own 4 wheels.

As he has a baby coming he should just get a Maclaren

He can get more than 4 wheels.

He can get 8 wheels. 

This is the most the sensible option.

image.thumb.png.c0d4529c68918cd6c109191611a9b50f.png

Talk about this...do TS mind a second hand? I can pass it on to you.

No car sales men here so won't say tip top conditon but it is clean and solid condition. We only use it for less than a year. Since then inside my storeroom. Combi brand.

Let me know..if do I go take a picture for you.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

can ask his wife to post questions here too, Mother Care Forum. 

You allow your wife to surf mycarforum?  Hmm not a good idea.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1