Looking for a car on a tight budget

Shinylord

On 7/7/2020 at 11:52 PM, Shinylord said:

Which used dealer might u suggest to get it from , been going through the forum seem like is hard to find a trusted one 😞

How much would the maintenance cost and if possible may i know roughly hw much will an insurance cost to owning such a car

Well im bringing a stable income of ard 1.6k after cpf deduct if that helps but yes gotta keep some spare for baby power, diapers etc 😅

You could rent a car and take 1-2 hours of ur working day to drive grab or do grab food deliveries, weekends depending on ur stamina if u wan to earn more $.

I think that would be sufficient to cover the rental and you have a car to drive. 

↡ Advertisement

11 hours ago, Dilemma said:

You could rent a car and take 1-2 hours of ur working day to drive grab or do grab food deliveries, weekends depending on ur stamina if u wan to earn more $.

I think that would be sufficient to cover the rental and you have a car to drive. 

I think we shouldnt tempt TS any further with owning a car.

I see that he has been taking big strides in putting off the idea of buying a used car for now.

I believe that if he exploit all chances in life (legal) to upskill and get a promotion, and with the savings from not owning a car, he will be in a much better position when his children enter primary school.

Then, he may actually be able to even get a new car if all stars align well. 

Commercial PHV isnurance is bloody expensive. 2000 plus a year.

2 hours isnt quite enough to cover all car related expenses and will tire TS out even further in the long run, minimising his chances for a breakthrough in his career.

• Praise 5

(edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 1:21 AM, Shinylord said:

If only it was possible to get a free stuff , life would be much easier 😅 but in all seriousness , i just need the car as it an easy transport for me to bring wifey ard for the check up etc due to the covic situation , tbh i feel uneasy letting her take any form of public transport in the current state she in

Covid is not that bad lah, please. Community cases very low, just put on mask and wash hands.

$1.6k salary you want to buy car and take a big loan? Or you full cash with your life savings? Or you tio beh pio?

Or  your wife earn more money or you have support from elsewhere. Otherwise get the car idea out of your head, please!

Edited by Throttle2

5 minutes ago, Brass said:

I see that he has been taking big strides in putting off the idea of buying a used car for now.

I believe that if he exploit all chances in life (legal) to upskill and get a promotion, and with the savings from not owning a car, he will be in a much better position when his children enter primary school.

2 hours isnt quite enough to cover all car related expenses and will tire TS out even further in the long run, minimising his chances for a breakthrough in his career.

PHV insurance of $2k plus is very reasonable when you see how many accidents they have.

I would have thought it would be much higher.

I hope non PHV car owners are not subsidizing them.

:grin:

image.png.12ac5943e7f60e6f6c404dc6d0840d1b.png

image.png.b73a4585b9ca2b622a1453cca302f45e.png

image.png.63b63708561bae8b87e658ec4372602a.png

image.png.e524bbd8dcc5fec99d9e3317c3c46a44.png

image.png.afb0e4fb173f07e6cc358de4a1ef709d.png

image.png.7daa10e669387337a20c9ab9cf9743ae.png

image.thumb.png.71085f6184a20c6823ba7f6c0e9e735d.png

image.png.13e7d4b90a7644552f181c5bced165e4.png

image.png.64fa48ab1302b372b432639800766746.png

image.thumb.png.5d700109474fe910c1ce45b35fc1c636.png

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Brass said:

Yes i have decided to put off the idea of owning a car for now from all the helpful advice that u guys have given and focus on using the money to provide for my new family instead of adding more financial stress by owning a car 🙂

Currently taking some upgrading courses provided from wdf , hopefully it will help me in the long run

• Praise 5

(edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 9:09 AM, Kopites said:

Let me know.

20200710_090622.jpg

update.

TS declined the stroller. Anyone interested do pm me. I have a bed guide as well.

I will be keeping it in my storeroom till CNY spring cleaning. Probably will pass it on to the nearby RC. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

19 hours ago, Jamesc said:

PHV insurance of $2k plus is very reasonable when you see how many accidents they have.

I would have thought it would be much higher.

I hope non PHV car owners are not subsidizing them.

:grin:

image.png.63b63708561bae8b87e658ec4372602a.png

To be fair for this blue CHR driver, Green light is in his favor for his case. He is just unlucky to met this crazy unlicensed driver from the black car, it could happen to any driver on the road. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1