business closures due to slowdown during covid

Ysc3

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

recently bought the Adidas shoes from lazada, heng the manufactured date was Sep'19.

Shoe got indicate the manufactured date de?

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
33 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hahhaha. Cannot lah. Last time sec sch no decathlon, so my parents will bring me shop at sport link, if last time have taobao and decathlon, I am sure my mother will buy from the cheapest source.

Is sports link school shoe cheaper than bata? Thought many people also buy their school shoes from bata de. Hopefully bata can survive since seems like their business also not say very good?!

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Is sports link school shoe cheaper than bata? Thought many people also buy their school shoes from bata de. Hopefully bata can survive since seems like their business also not say very good?!

Cheaper. My mother will buy the cheapest shoe for me.

I cannot remb how much, but my mother did compare the price first before buying for me. The design-wise is ugly thou. But last time when I was a kid, I didn't care much about my appearance lah, not like now I care also. hahaha.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

recently bought the Adidas shoes from lazada, heng the manufactured date was Sep'19.

The sole is Continental tyres one arh? Must see the manufacturing week and year. hahhaha.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

The sole is Continental tyres one arh? Must see the manufacturing week and year. hahhaha.

Shoe if too old stock, especially those on the rack lelong sale type. High chances of the bottom sole open up.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Buy from internet have to pay shipping charges and wait for at least 2 weeks.

Cannot touch the material and only view from photos... :lll._.:

Buy from internet Taobao can kena "Cheong" one, I kena once bought a Wilson Tennis racquet at about 60% of the price and very happy. Bring to the shop for stringing the uncle tell me Bro your racquet cheong one bought from internet right? and he bring one from his shelve compare for me to see can see the difference if you have another similar to compare.

At that moment Malu liao just say yes my son buy from internet but actually I buy one.

• Haha! 6

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Acewin said:

Buy from internet Taobao can kena "Cheong" one, I kena once bought a Wilson Tennis racquet at about 60% of the price and very happy. Bring to the shop for stringing the uncle tell me Bro your racquet cheong one bought from internet right? and he bring one from his shelve compare for me to see can see the difference if you have another similar to compare.

At that moment Malu liao just say yes my son buy from internet but actually I buy one.

In China, Sports equipment is generally more expensive than America.  That's including sales item.

In addition, there are more sport buff in America.  Product cycle usually about 1 year.  So, better to get EOL of latest model from America.

Lastly, sports equipment is more of a fashion thing in China.  The really good 1 nvr come cheap.

Almost all my running are bought from US.  All of it are previous year model.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Shoe got indicate the manufactured date de?

sport shoes have, go read the label.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hahhaha. Cannot lah. Last time sec sch no decathlon, so my parents will bring me shop at sport link, if last time have taobao and decathlon, I am sure my mother will buy from the cheapest source.

I went to Decathlon once, they have wide a ranging of products,  though their price is cheap , very few are of good quality by my expectation,  I am not sure if it is just me or others have similar feeling ? I dont know if they could survive in the long run. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I went to Decathlon once, they have wide a ranging of products,  though their price is cheap , very few are of good quality by my expectation,  I am not sure if it is just me or others have similar feeling ? I dont know if they could survive in the long run. 

When decathlon first opened I bought quite some stuff. Binge buying. Now I want to buy new stuff my finance minister says cannot, must wait for all those shoes, sandals, rackets to spoil first before can buy new garbage. So... Yes... They last :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
20 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Cheap/good/fast the trinity.

I think premium quality no. But for the price, really hard to compare quality per say to Western brands.

For example, a TYR/Arena children goggles may cost like 30 dollars. Even the cheapest one is like 20+ if u lucky to find. 
I buy the 8 dollar goggle from Deca, i think good enough. And i had TYR goggles last only a short while. 

A pair of yoga/exercise tights for my wife cost around 20 dollars from sg decathlon. In comparison, a decent pair from a branded sports apparel is easily 50 dollars. I think the decathlon one is very good for it's price. Wash many times elastic and material still holding up.

I don't buy running shoes or tennis equipment etc from them though cos these sports aren't big in china.

But for everyday sporting goods, i think for a bao ga liao manufacturer, their item quality are all about average. And VFM for quite a number of products. Many pple just buy their casual sporting goods. Soccer balls etc. All the kindergartens, schools etc buy a lot of Decathlon items for activities.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Acewin said:

Yes. Really no point buying from china for tennis equipment. The same tennis ball made in china is cheaper in USA than it is in china by a substantial margin. 

You can check out online sellers like this as well. Disclosure: My relative. 
He is a supplier to the Queensway tennis shops as well.
https://www.facebook.com/sgtennisshop/

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
30 minutes ago, Karoon said:

When decathlon first opened I bought quite some stuff. Binge buying. Now I want to buy new stuff my finance minister says cannot, must wait for all those shoes, sandals, rackets to spoil first before can buy new garbage. So... Yes... They last :D

Change your finance minister! Then you can keep buying le.

BBBMTL!

• Shocked 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Don't know how this work.. Can it be done like this or really need 1 extra manpower to hire as data protection officer solely as main role? 

In his FB post, he said requires him to "appoint" a Data Protection officer.

It didn't say he needs to hire.

So if it is to "appoint", then just appoint one of the staff or himself.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Cheaper. My mother will buy the cheapest shoe for me.

I cannot remb how much, but my mother did compare the price first before buying for me. The design-wise is ugly thou. But last time when I was a kid, I didn't care much about my appearance lah, not like now I care also. hahaha.

Cheapest is buy from those shoe stall in market. Lol. Secondary school kids would know what design/brand of school shoes and havesack to use de.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
34 minutes ago, Karoon said:

In a way good also only buy shoes, sandals and rackets only when they are spoilt, if not buy so many also waste storage.

Supersonic
55 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

sport shoes have, go read the label.

Didnt notice it, next time when buy sport shoes i go find the manufacture date.

Supersonic
49 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Cannot survive for too long, esp now online can buy so many similar items with cheaper price.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1