business closures due to slowdown during covid

Ysc3

Supercharged
On 7/9/2020 at 11:24 PM, Voodooman said:

Should they cut defence spending too? It is the biggest item?

SG buying F-35B fighter jet at over USD100 mil a piece. Does our Air Force really need such big ticket items in order to operate effectively? Or is the purchase more strategic in nature?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 7/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, Hamburger said:

So it's way to mark up the price of an item and later slash it with GSS discount?

LPPL?

Wah you ministar calibre! HDBee, Healthcare, GST rebates... All GSS one. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Didu said:

SG buying F-35B fighter jet at over USD100 mil a piece. Does our Air Force really need such big ticket items in order to operate effectively? Or is the purchase more strategic in nature?

If it can buy us peace (strategically or otherwise), ok lah. 

• Praise 5

Twincharged
On 7/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, Hamburger said:

So it's way to mark up the price of an item and later slash it with GSS discount?

LPPL?

My cousin told me this about 35 years ago liow.... That time she was working at John Little. 

Turbocharged
On 7/10/2020 at 2:29 PM, Columbian78 said:

I remember sports interlink at queensway since early 90s. I still clearly remember in 1990 a 12 year old boy took bus 198 from jurong to queensway shopping centre and it was wow! Same shop same place till recently. I was active in sports as a sch boy and in those days queensway was the place to go for huge variety and bargainable prices. Anyone remember sports station chain shops at shopping centres in those days? I think it was the predecessor of world of sports or royal sporting house?

Hmm, talking about famous chain shops fr the 90s. Pertama, supreme records, costplus, man master...

198 go the firestation side? 197 go the hospital side? lol

last time go sportlinks is high class de... i still wearing panda sch shoes in sec sch.. only poly liao work part time can go sportlinks 😜

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Vegas said:

198 go the firestation side? 197 go the hospital side? lol

last time go sportlinks is high class de... i still wearing panda sch shoes in sec sch.. only poly liao work part time can go sportlinks 😜

U late boomer i think. My era people started working in pri sch. I was selling veg fr around p4 onwards. Sch sec then old enough to work in factory and waiter jobs. 

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

(edited)

Actually most of these businesses that close/went bust due to covid will come back from another competitors. So, the jobs lost will be replaced by jobs newly created by new competitors (at reduced salaries probably). So, there you go.... Jobs Jobs Jobs 100,000 Jobs....LOL

It's CTR ALT DEL as in MS.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 7/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, Didu said:

Insurance premiums can be paid in many forms 

On 7/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, Didu said:

F35 USP is network capability. Frontline information can be shared.

• Sad 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

U late boomer i think. My era people started working in pri sch. I was selling veg fr around p4 onwards. Sch sec then old enough to work in factory and waiter jobs. 

late boomer? nah... pri sch follow uncle... work whole day, pay $10.. include foc lunch. bigger than buffolo wheel at that time.

On 11 July, 2020 at 7:27 PM, Didu said:

I fully support Sp Air Force should look at way to reduce such big big ticket item spending, as our economy do not need to buy now as our DGP do not warrant it, it's citizens money we are coughing out.[rolleyes]

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

Actually most of these businesses that close/went bust due to covid will come back from another competitors. So, the jobs lost will be replaced by jobs newly created by new competitors (at reduced salaries probably). So, there you go.... Jobs Jobs Jobs 100,000 Jobs....LOL

It's CTR ALT DEL as in MS.

Either we delay the order or wait after C-19 is over and done, we don't need it now

1 hour ago, Meanmachine said:

I fully support Sp Air Force should look at way to reduce such big big ticket item spending, as our economy do not need to buy now as our DGP do not warrant it, it's citizens money we are coughing out.[rolleyes]

Actually I have often wonder if there should be 2 groups of chief in the health cluster, One in Singhealth, one in National Health. Should there not only be one CFO and One CTO rather than one each?

Would a single source of IT help to align the IT infrastructure and get the cost-benefit of a larger purchase?

• Shocked 1

On 7/9/2020 at 10:43 AM, kobayashiGT said:

Oh. soccer playing is just a disguise. hhahaha. My real hobby is "Lau Fu Zhi", "Siao Liu Mang", "Mad", "Long Hu Men" or 'Playboy' magazines... :grin:

Your Playboy magazines all the pages stuck together?

:grin:

image.png.edb907e3af6b99f583415b30c9b0f92b.png

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Your Playboy magazines all the pages stuck together?

:grin:

image.png.edb907e3af6b99f583415b30c9b0f92b.png

I cherish all my magazine one. I will usually use a OHP film to place in between pictorial content. 

OHP-Laser-Printer-Film.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

You want some? hahaha. I wholesale sell you. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1