business closures due to slowdown during covid

Ysc3

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Wife was in Chinatown yesterday.  She said many of the shophouse already close and put up for rental sign.

All this shop depends on tourist business..

All those business depend on tourist confirm close down, esp those small shops. How to sustain so many months without any business? Even i also see quite a few eatery shop near south bridge road area put up for rental sign.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Had to send my car in for servicing at industrial estate in the North recently. 

In happier times, it's bustling and full of activity. 

Was so shocked to see dusty shutters and for rent signs every few units. 

There's a pretty popular car accessories shop there that also closed down. 

Workers all standing around waiting for customers.

Felt like a ghost town.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Had to send my car in for servicing at industrial estate in the North recently. 

In happier times, it's bustling and full of activity. 

Was so shocked to see dusty shutters and for rent signs every few units. 

There's a pretty popular car accessories shop there that also closed down. 

Workers all standing around waiting for customers.

Felt like a ghost town.

I think those working as mechanics are mostly M'sians. These small companies cannot afford to let them stay at hotels to keep their jobs.  And with the MCO at M'sia side I think no choice for them hence the closure.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 17 July, 2020 at 10:59 AM, bsswan said:

Unfortunately doesn't include hawker stalls as well, a lot of popular ones also didn't last through the CB.

Thy didn't close for good, business may be affected, most took a break for a month or so, when the shutter shut does not means closed forever. My fav rotai p[rta shop closed for 2 months, thought the family run biz went to India for holiday and found no aeroplane return . . . Hahaha, all his indian workers never came back too. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

Thy didn't close for good, business may be affected, most took a break for a month or so, when the shutter shut does not means closed forever. My fav rotai p[rta shop closed for 2 months, thought the family run biz went to India for holiday and found no aeroplane return . . . Hahaha, all his indian workers never came back too. [rolleyes]

Both sides true. Our place nearby that we got fried rice/noodle, meat and seafood was open the entire CB for takeaway and THEN closed as it was coming to an end - it's closed. 😞 

I guess they burned through their bank account and didn't quite make it. 

• Haha! 1

On 7/17/2020 at 9:30 AM, Lala81 said:

My workplace already some shops return to landlord liao.

landlords now lords over many empty buildings. [:p]

On 7/25/2020 at 3:29 PM, bsswan said:

Both sides true. Our place nearby that we got fried rice/noodle, meat and seafood was open the entire CB for takeaway and THEN closed as it was coming to an end - it's closed. 😞 

I guess they burned through their bank account and didn't quite make it. 

Not really need to burn through, but if can see that won't be making $$$ in the future, better to cut losses and close. 

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Matrix0405 said:

Ate there before, food ok but cant eat much because very giddy from the spin.

Say very long liao want to go there eat but still never go until now they closed down! [rolleyes] The spin is very fast until you can feel giddy ah? Lucky i never go cause i have motion sickness. Lol.

17 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Say very long liao want to go there eat but still never go until now they closed down! [rolleyes] The spin is very fast until you can feel giddy ah? Lucky i never go cause i have motion sickness. Lol.

There are 2 zones: a spin one and non-spin zone. The non-spin is at the core while the spin is towards the circumference. Best views; windows, southern sea,sentosa; are tables at the  edges but they are also the equivalent of playing FPS.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, Matrix0405 said:

Ate there before, food ok but cant eat much because very giddy from the spin.

The spin is so slow i can't tell it is spinning most of the time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4