business closures due to slowdown during covid

Ysc3

On 10/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, Staff69 said:

Fret not, opportunities are around. Just have to open your mind, step out of your comfort zone and grab it.

For Jamesc 

if don't tell me this is korean, i would have thought it's filipino...

↡ Advertisement

17 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

BRING BACK HMV! hahahaha.

I thought ppl say DVDs and CDs are dead? How to bring back the dead? 🤣

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Uniqlo opened too many stores liao, quite risky in the long run. Hopefully they can sustain. If not they would ended up like others big department store which closed one by one.

Cos what they sell are Asian size clothings. Recently I bought their casual pants, stretchable means it's close to the skin, not tight or baggy and material is cooling, come in S M L, length...no need to alter for my height. I wear L and I'm slightly taller than 1.7m. For less than 30 bucks, no need to come up with extra for alteration, no need to wait a few days for alterations, going back and forth. You try that at M&S or Robinson's.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

my work clothes are all from Uniqlo currently. Wrinkle resistant pants and dri-fit polo tee.
Cos of covid, i wash my work pants daily instead of every 2-3 days like before. Fits me reasonably well without alteration by my mum.

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

actually what about neo garden? They do virtually 100% catering? They must have been devastated by this Covid.

I guess all buffet catering would be greatly affected. Unless they have set lunch/dinner set boxes.

2 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

加油! 

haha i'm private GP. eat northwesterly wind.

most of my friends in public. [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If sighted long queues at Metro/OG, they must be having some sales and promotion. When these stores are having offers and additional offers for their members, confirmed the store would be crowded.

The OG at bugis still pack on weekend with no apparent sales going on. I reckon is the targeted market factor.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

The storm will pass! At least being a private GP, your rice bowl will be stable, come what may.

Heard some of those clinics that expanded and tried to go the aesthetic route / town practice late last year / early this year are really stuck in a bind. 

It's been a tough year for all healthcare workers both public and private so... 加油 nonetheless!

• Praise 3

45 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

actually what about neo garden? They do virtually 100% catering? They must have been devastated by this Covid.

neo garden boss has been implementing their own crm since 2004,  they should have a regular stream of customers.

52 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

if don't tell me this is korean, i would have thought it's filipino...

she's Indonesian 

Edited by Staff69

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Used to like going to Robinson...the chao bin aka smelly face in recent years put me off. Since then, prefer the more spacious less crowded HQ OG...

I better quickly use up my takashimaya vouchers...😅

Nowadays seem like not safe to hold on to any departmental store vouchers, as they can anytime closed down. Think the most safer voucher to hold on is NTUC fairprice. Lol.

• Haha! 2

57 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I thought ppl say DVDs and CDs are dead? How to bring back the dead? 🤣

Cos what they sell are Asian size clothings. Recently I bought their casual pants, stretchable means it's close to the skin, not tight or baggy and material is cooling, come in S M L, length...no need to alter for my height. I wear L and I'm slightly taller than 1.7m. For less than 30 bucks, no need to come up with extra for alteration, no need to wait a few days for alterations, going back and forth. You try that at M&S or Robinson's.

No le, you see robinson has been here for decade, cannot be no such problem all the while le? And yet they still can survive for so long? Lol. Uniqlo opened too aggressive liao, not safe in the long run, You see last time popular clothing store like giordano, bossini, hang ten and even G2000, business seems like quite bad now. Dont know how long can they able to sustain?

44 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

GP clinic business can also be good la. But har i walk past some GP clinic, always no people one, also dont know what is wrong with that clinic? Lol.

39 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The OG at bugis still pack on weekend with no apparent sales going on. I reckon is the targeted market factor.

OG bugis still pack? Maybe due to the surrounding/location? As many people go to the temple nearby, go to the food centre nearby, so they also on the way go to the OG look see look see or enjoy the aircon there? Lol.

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

GP clinic business can also be good la. But har i walk past some GP clinic, always no people one, also dont know what is wrong with that clinic? Lol.

can be multifactorial

23 minutes ago, 13177 said:

stingy with MC lor. muahahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4