Guess your 2020 Cabinet

Theoldjaffa

22 minutes ago, Soya said:

Min qualifying criteria must hv scored at least 70% votes

Like it or not, politics is a popularity contest

Otherwise what's the point of ppl lining up in the hot sun for 1-2 hrs to choose who they want?

many people used the 53% as a measurement that HSK is not popular, but i would think that if he is not parachute there last minute, we may see Nicole In parliament instead. but, then i agreed with most that he needs to improve a lot on his communication skill to be able to convince people of any new policy or during negotiation with other leaders. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Soya said:

This sums it up:

This doesn't even address my point of comparing apples to apples.

If Tharman or Hsien Loong were in EC, what percentage of votes do you think they would get?

If Swee Keat was left in Tamp, what percentage of votes do you think he would get?

If Swee Keat were not in EC, what percentage of votes do you think PAP would get there?

• Praise 1

(edited)
14 hours ago, Wt_know said:

would be interesting to see who is "man enough" or "woman enough" to take charge MOH and MOM [sly] 

these 2 ministries are facing the greatest challenge

TPL or J Teo would be a good alternative as well as a safe role. Since its always the vendor or some else's fault.

Edited by Sdf4786k

(edited)
3 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

If Tharman or Hsien Loong were in EC, what percentage of votes do you think they would get?

If Swee Keat was left in Tamp, what percentage of votes do you think he would get?

If Swee Keat were not in EC, what percentage of votes do you think PAP would get there?

Bro, you need unstructured big data and AI with deep learning to arrive at modelling that will be able to answer your question.

Its a science behind the answer and the art of deciphering the data

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Bro, you need unstructured big data and AI with deep learning to arrive at modelling that will be able to answer your question.

Its a science behind the answer and the art of deciphering the data

I am asking him to consider those points instead of just taking 53% as a talking point. I know that nobody will have a definite answer to those questions but we can surely guess.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

What apples are u trying to compare?

Your point is moot coz it's speculative as to what so and so will perform if they go to so and so constituency

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Soya said:

What apples are u trying to compare?

Your point is moot coz it's speculative as to what so and so will perform if they go to so and so constituency

Speculative doesn't mean it is moot. Just because we don't know the answer doesn't mean we should not consider those factors.

Imagine you have twins (1 boy and 1 girl). Girl went to RGS primary because wife is alumni but boy has to go to some neighborhood school. End yr pri 1 exams, the girl comes back with 53% and boy gets 70%. 

Does it mean anything without comparing the difficulty of the 2 tests?

When I studied econs, I learned about the principle of "ceteris paribus". All things being equal. Does it look like comparing 53% to 70% is all things being equal?

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Praise 3

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Yours is also an interesting perspective and take to OYK's chances. 

A quick search online reveals more. He was already part of the "establishment" even before his father passed in 2009. PPS to PM LHL from 2003-2005, prior to that, press secretary to LHL from 1997-2003. This probably explains how he gained the "trust" to be invited to the tea party and be fielded for GE 2011. 

He had a very close working relationship with LHL, that also probably explains why he was one of the 4 in the list (HSK, CCS, TCJ & OYK) previously. 

Will we see him taking charge of a more substantial ministry after education within the new cabinet? If that's a yes, then it's a clear signal internally that his chances for the next PM to be have been rekindled. If not, then there's probably an unspoken glass ceiling in place within the PAP for him (my previous theory about his bloodline stands). 

He more or less follows the same path as HSK.

He had made progress, from half a ministry to a full ministry! Let's see will he be given any other portfolios ...

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

(edited)
12 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I am asking him to consider those points instead of just taking 53% as a talking point. I know that nobody will have a definite answer to those questions but we can surely guess.

Its never a guessing game nowadays. Its more of a profiling .

Else HSK will never have been drop ship at that area.

You think it was a off chance that the hoo ha happen at the crucial moment and not before like Ivan case ?

This is never a tikam tikam to win votes.

Else the ground would have never been able to sound the alarm that G yeo 5 years ago would be out of the game.

Many would choose to believe it was pure coincidence.

But its just me , From my view the voting playbook is very different nowadays. Ever since the proliferation of Trump and Face book, that is more an insight on the real capture of the imagination and how the people will vote.

To me, I always ask, whats the science behind how I feel or the conditioning of my behaviour. If you can do that well, you be able to be successful in how you approach your communication.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Talk so much...we’re still in the fight against the pandemic...just remove LW or GKY with TPL till we’re out of the woods then kpkb again...Macpherson GR has a group of capable supporters...they can manage the constituency and care for the constituents well without her for a while.

The Nation needs a jarbor to lead the fight...as Covid maciam scared of women...

1FE7448E-2B34-45C5-AFFF-850EDBC1EDF4.jpeg

• Haha! 7

4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Talk so much...we’re still in the fight against the pandemic...just remove LW or GKY with TPL till we’re out of the woods then kpkb again...Macpherson GR has a group of capable supporters...they can manage the constituency and care for the constituents well without her for a while.

The Nation needs a jarbor to lead the fight...as Covid maciam scared of women...

1FE7448E-2B34-45C5-AFFF-850EDBC1EDF4.jpeg

But but...we have Ho Ching to find masks for us, President Halimah to open our reserves & Jo Teo to take care of our dormitories. 

Are our women leaders incompetent, as per the men in your examples above? 😁

• Haha! 6

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

many people used the 53% as a measurement that HSK is not popular, but i would think that if he is not parachute there last minute, we may see Nicole In parliament instead. but, then i agreed with most that he needs to improve a lot on his communication skill to be able to convince people of any new policy or during negotiation with other leaders. 

Bro, that's also speculative. One could counter argue that if HSK was not parachuted in, PAP may hv done better

• Haha! 3

12 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

But but...we have Ho Ching to find masks for us, President Halimah to open our reserves & Jo Teo to take care of our dormitories. 

Err...

Yes!!!

• Haha! 4

38 minutes ago, Soya said:

Bro, that's also speculative. One could counter argue that if HSK was not parachuted in, PAP may hv done better

Ya, you counter argument is also not wrong :a-toast:

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

If ah Heng demote from DPM, then ccs also need to be demote from dpm.. Coz ccs even worst then ah Heng. Then who fill the DPM role? 

That is merely the view of most opposition supporters... to pap supporters they may see CCS as better. And infact the voteshare reflects that. So how will u know demotion is likely?

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Wrong... u are asserting there is some massive latent difference from one region of sg to the next... on what evidence do you base this?

For me baseline is 60-40 ceteris paribus (yes this assumes singapore is largely the same or that regional variation from demographic is minor.. why should West Coast that voted 78% PAP in 2015 be assumed to be an opposition hotbed?). And u see all the unremarkable GRC and unremarkable opposition fall well on this line. Anything off the line u must think why is that: Good oppos? Bad PAP? Vice versa?

• Praise 1

Twincharged
59 minutes ago, Soya said:

How can it be? Put ccs and pap would perform better at East Coast grc? Ccs popularity is worst then hsk. If put ccs there, many people will think.. Yes.. Good time to get rid of ccs. Vote him out. Like that gg man. Only tharman and lhl would do better then hsk I feel.

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

More, Amy to make omelette!🤣

↡ Advertisement