Which inspection centre more lenient?

Axela525

My rear bumper reflector installed with brake lights, last inspected almost fail at JIC amk, any centre can recommend easier to pass the inspection? Currently driving mazda 3 2015.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Axela525 said:

Its below the bumper and i dun know which wire...troublesome to cut.

Just go workshop and install a switch. If not just remove completely.

1 hour ago, Axela525 said:

Not to cut  it but just disconnect the wire. Anyway if you manage to pass during the previous test  , can you do the same again ?

2 hours ago, Axela525 said:

My rear bumper reflector installed with brake lights, last inspected almost fail at JIC amk, any centre can recommend easier to pass the inspection? Currently driving mazda 3 2015.

Sin Min's Viacom.

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Sin Min's Viacom.

Sin Ming STA or VICOM better? I always go former but once they just tore out my solar film from the Alfa. 

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Sin Ming STA or VICOM better? I always go former but once they just tore out my solar film from the Alfa. 

Why do they do that?

(edited)
5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Why do they do that?

Said tint too dark. Options were change or remove neatly at outside place then return. Or just tear and send away with pass. Since it was an old extra car I was going to sell or scrap soon, I let them tear lor.

The same film had been on since I took over the car after the previous owner (who had it since new). Likely a factory tint, or at least an aftermarket one that had passed many times before at another inspection centre. But this time, for whatever cock reason, they failed me.

As I said, old car. Not much heart pain. They did the same to an Evo GT-A we had. I don't think they even asked permission. That was heart pain. 

Same idiots at Sin Ming STA managed to stall my McLaren. I also don't know how they stalled a DCT. I never ever managed to. 😂😂😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Haha sorry  for my typo error. Prefer VICOM to STA.

1 minute ago, Discoburg said:

Haha sorry  for my typo error. Prefer VICOM to STA.

Thanks bro. Must try vicom next time. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Said tint too dark. Options were change or remove neatly at outside place then return. Or just tear and send away with pass. Since it was an old extra car I was going to sell or scrap soon, I let them tear lor.

The same film had been on since I took over the car after the previous owner (who had it since new). Likely a factory tint, or at least an aftermarket one that had passed many times before at another inspection centre. But this time, for whatever cock reason, they failed me.

As I said, old car. Not much heart pain. They did the same to an Evo GT-A we had. I don't think they even asked permission. That was heart pain. 

Same idiots at Sin Ming STA managed to stall my McLaren. I also don't know how they stalled a DCT. I never ever managed to. 😂😂😂

When i got my MIni, i installed slightly darker tint on front half (25% - 30% light can pass through only).

After 2.5 years, i forget about it and send the car for inspection.  Failed.

Drove to Infratint to remove it and get it inspected again.  Then installed legit 1 as my wife was nagging at me in the car😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Just now, inlinesix said:

When i got my MIni, i installed slightly darker tint on front half (25% - 30% light can pass through only).

After 2.5 years, i forget about it and send the car for inspection.  Failed.

Drove to Infratint to remove it and get it inspected again.  Then installed legit 1 as my wife was nagging at me in the car😂

Thanks for sharing but my Alfa Mito was more than 6 years old when I got it and the film didn't look at all new. So it must've been inspected (and passed) at least once before. Anyway, even though I knew the old owners, they'd left the country, I didn't disturb them and ask lol. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Axela525 said:

A roving LTA patrol officer can still give you trouble if he is having a slow day. The way I see it, disconnecting the lights or installing a switch is only a temporary fix - stock is best.

• Praise 5

5 hours ago, Axela525 said:

Sounds like a common mod on Vezels Civics and CH-Rs, and we still see them on the roads. So must be plenty of ways to overcome it.

5 hours ago, Axela525 said:

Aiya, it is probably tap from your original brake light lor.  There should be wire running from one side lor.  

Give a try lor.

↡ Advertisement