Which inspection centre more lenient?

Axela525

Aiya, so simple. Just go to youtube and search for "how to remove mazda 3 rear tail lights". You dont have to remove the tail lights. You just need to see how to get to them especially to the tail light connectors. The wires might be spliced to the main wires or "poked" into the snap on connector where the tail light wire is. It's quite easy to identify which wire to pull out. Factory wires are nicely binded together. If you see two wires that shouldnt be there just yank them out. 

Good luck.

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Just go stick something to cover the reflector la 

Thats what I thought too. Cover it up with some coloured sticker.

Supersonic
19 hours ago, Axela525 said:

My rear bumper reflector installed with brake lights, last inspected almost fail at JIC amk, any centre can recommend easier to pass the inspection? Currently driving mazda 3 2015.

Go Sin Ming STA.

JIC like to nitpick on stupid things like light.

The irony of this nonsense is that someone (maybe not TS if he bought the car 2ndhand) spent extra money to put extra brake lights when the original ones were deemed adequate by manufacturers and the road authority. 

"Customizers" will argue that more lights = more safety and you can give them that to a certain extent, but the inspection centres disagree. 

Thus you have just spent money to get more stress about being found illegal and now stress about how to disconnect it to pass inspection, I would disable the lights once and for all. 

Happy motoring! 

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

The irony of this nonsense is that someone (maybe not TS if he bought the car 2ndhand) spent extra money to put extra brake lights when the original ones were deemed adequate by manufacturers and the road authority. 

"Customizers" will argue that more lights = more safety and you can give them that to a certain extent, but the inspection centres disagree. 

Thus you have just spent money to get more stress about being found illegal and now stress about how to disconnect it to pass inspection, I would disable the lights once and for all. 

Happy motoring! 

More than 3 is useless.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Go Sin Ming STA.

Agreed with your JIC comment, at least for my case at JIC AMK. Last place u would want to go if have illegal mod even for small minor ones. That's why always empty. 😁

19 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Sin Ming STA or VICOM better? I always go former but once they just tore out my solar film from the Alfa. 

They tore it out for you? 

I was asked to remove and go for retest!

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

They tore it out for you? 

I was asked to remove and go for retest!

They tore a bit so it's an eyesore. I went back home and tore the rest out myself. As I said, I was only keeping the car for a couple more months max. 

Main priority was avoiding retest. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Just go stick something to cover the reflector la 

I think the reflector is a required feature.

3 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Go Sin Ming STA.

I have not been there (JIC) for 3 years plus. My old car went there every time n no issue at all. 

But from my new car group chat, I read that JIC now very on. A lot of car failed the windscreen n glass even though using stock glass/windscreen. 

4 minutes ago, sbs2716g said:

I have not been there (JIC) for 3 years plus. My old car went there every time n no issue at all. 

But from my new car group chat, I read that JIC now very on. A lot of car failed the windscreen n glass even though using stock glass/windscreen. 

I don't understand actually. What's the incentive of JIC being more on the ball than others?

Just gives them less biz. Maybe the technicians hate their boss.

Supersonic
19 hours ago, inlinesix said:

When i got my MIni, i installed slightly darker tint on front half (25% - 30% light can pass through only).

After 2.5 years, i forget about it and send the car for inspection.  Failed.

Drove to Infratint to remove it and get it inspected again.  Then installed legit 1 as my wife was nagging at me in the car😂

Once tinted my front side windows w the darker tint. One fine dbay noticed TP bike was trailing me even after I purposely turn left, turn right onto smaller roads. Had to drive like an angel...lol.

At the next traffic light, he pulled up next to me and asked me to pull over. Took out his tint meter n proved to me my tint is non compliant. Kindly asked me to get it changed to lighter tint. Took down my details but no saman issued. Guai guai go re-tint after that. Lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Soya said:

Once tinted my front side windows w the darker tint. One fine dbay noticed TP bike was trailing me even after I purposely turn left, turn right onto smaller roads. Had to drive like an angel...lol.

At the next traffic light, he pulled up next to me and asked me to pull over. Took out his tint meter n proved to me my tint is non compliant. Kindly asked me to get it changed to lighter tint. Took down my details but no saman issued. Guai guai go re-tint after that. Lol

I had MRS with dark dark tint installed by previous owner.

Within 2 wks, received warning letter from LTA

As the saying goes "Scared don't mod..."

Especially for this type of mainly cosmetic mod, it would be best if you figured out how to DIY or at least how it works/how to access it.

And even more so if you know that "last inspected almost fail", you already had some time to figure it out.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

I think the reflector is a required feature.

Yah, i think must have at least a pair of reflector anywhere at the back.. some tail light comes built-in with reflector while others have an additional reflector at the bumper. If the vehicle has some electrical issue it will be totally dark on the road and that is when the reflector at the back helps to prevent a rear end accident. If the inspector is very strict, even disabling the "extra" brake light also cannot pass as it still does not reflect light.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1