Axela525

Supersonic

I oso neber hv any problems 

The inspector even ask me why my car smlj stock until liddat

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, Wallaw819 said:

Went Vicom Yishun at 10 this morning and out 15 minutes later.

Totally no queue n inspection breeze through.

Fastest inspection ever!

if u go JIC AMK also nobody one. 

• Praise 1

When to STA-AMK for inspection, one shot one kill for my coming 3 years diesel car. 

Never did any alignment or pre-inspection checkup package. Just ownself change EO recently.

Paid $64.20 wor.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:25 AM, Macrosszero said:

The irony of this nonsense is that someone (maybe not TS if he bought the car 2ndhand) spent extra money to put extra brake lights when the original ones were deemed adequate by manufacturers and the road authority. 

"Customizers" will argue that more lights = more safety and you can give them that to a certain extent, but the inspection centres disagree. 

Thus you have just spent money to get more stress about being found illegal and now stress about how to disconnect it to pass inspection, I would disable the lights once and for all. 

Happy motoring! 

Totally agree with you. 

Some owners just want to spend extra money on such stupid mods like extra LED lights, stickers, dark dark tint, fanciful number plates, for whatever reason to haolian, backside itchy wanna be special from others, peer pressure, for fun, etc etc. Except for legal exhaust which you paid money for certificate. It all boils down to cost. And you know, I know, drivers out there wanna zhng, dun wanna spend money. Cheap mods buys trouble. 

Then when it comes to inspection, either beg here and there, asking which inspection centre more lenient, where to de-kit for inspection and install back after that. If fail, come here kpkb say inspection centre staff so siao on, pick on you, etc etc. 

As many has pointed out this saying, wanna zhng, mai scared, if scared, mai zhng. Let me add, ai zhng, mai kpkb when it is troublesome during inspection. Ai zhng, pay the price. Else stock-the-best. Safe yourself some trouble and fellow motorists. Please don't get me wrong, although I don't like these zhngs, but I cannot interfere with what others do. Just remember, you wanna play with the law, you play it by the rules. Don't make noise when you can't afford it. 

Happy driving! Cheers!

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Fatboy said:

If there is slight oil leak at one of the rear shock absorber, will my car fail the inspection?

i think should be okay. my bushing were cracked during inspection and no problem.

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

MCF has all the answers.

This one is the best.

:grin:

I love STA, SURE PASS one.  But hor that day I went, it took longer lor because infront got a Ah Beng Car - Type R Wanton Mee.  Test and Test, emission still failed, Lampa ONLY 0.8, super rich HC lor.  Then stuck again at the Undercarriage Inspection lor.

Then hor behind me got the Ah Pek Car RETEST wor - the half cooked SUV QQ. Ah pek argue and argue with tester until he SIT WITH the tester to test the SIDE SLIP ba.  Poor Thing sia .....

• Haha! 1

On 7/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, Kklim said:

Won't work with the Pinoy testers at STA Sin Ming. Super fussy!

Many workshops also say the same! purposely find fault bcos buey song and not like last time the locals or Malaysians accommodating and mutually understanding...

Edited by Ckw
  • Praise 1

Disgruntled with the long queue, I parked my you sai çar right in front of the vicom changi gate at 7.30am!! First car!!

One question. The first test was to open up my bonnet and stuck a probe into the engine bay for few minutes.

What was tested? Emmision ?? Cos I did not see them poke the exhaust pipe.

18 minutes ago, Ckw said:

Many workshops also say the same! purposely find fault bcos buey song and not like last time the locals or Malaysians accommodating and mutually understanding...

Quarreled with one before. Kept insisting my exhaust was not stock. Told him to stand one side and let me talk to his supervisor cause he refused to acknowledge he does not have proof mine was not stock. 
in the enD the supervisor which was local or Malaysian let me thru.i challenged the to fail me cause I will bring up to LTA for wasting my time.   My exhaust is 100% stock. Was an old car and the inspectors didn’t know better. In any case I totally avoid vicom now. And try to avoid any pinoy ones. 

Edited by Mkl22

10 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Disgruntled with the long queue, I parked my you sai çar right in front of the vicom changi gate at 7.30am!! First car!!

One question. The first test was to open up my bonnet and stuck a probe into the engine bay for few minutes.

What was tested? Emmision ?? Cos I did not see them poke the exhaust pipe.

That why I GO STA liao, they poke the backside one.  

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

But which part of engine bay can be tested for emission ? 

STA also open my bonnet and stretching into to see lor.  I think he want to check if my Catalytic Converter or DPF is STILL THERE ba.

They never poke anything leh....

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

But which part of engine bay can be tested for emission ? 

I think he is checking whether header was modded or not?  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1