Which inspection centre more lenient?

Axela525

Other than I could haolian I full cash...one of the reasons I like to get those less than a year to go kind of cars is to avoid having to visit these centres...also that the previous owner must fix any critical issue or illegal mod in order to get the pass...

↡ Advertisement

On 7/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, Kklim said:

Won't work with the Pinoy testers at STA Sin Ming. Super fussy!

How come vehicle testing also needs foreign talent?  Special skills needed meh?

• Shocked 1

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Cheaperer than locals. Their inspection is almost on par with the 100% customs check at checkpoints!!

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

My experience with these inspection centres is that where there's no specific rules, they make up their own rules.

Here's what I remember.

1. Yishun Vicom - fren told me inspectors told him his lights failed. If headlight is yellow, parking light must be yellow. If headlight is white, parking light must be white. Is there such a rule in LTA ? Probably not. Just make up by somebody there.

2. Yishun Vicom - I send my car with Remus exhaust there for inspection, with TUV cert, certified for my car. They failed me bcuz I did not produce installation receipt by a workshop. Huh ? Like that also can ? I had to go back to workshop to get a receipt. Who make up this rule again ? Must produce installation receipt ? By then, I decide to go KB Vicom and passed.

3. JIC AMK - workshop boss (close fren of mine) told me the inspectors there does not know what kind of headlights is for which year Beetle. Bcuz the old classic beetle is so old, it is not in their rule book somewhere. So inspectors ask him and he told them which year is which type of headlight. The next time he goes there, that knowledge is used against him and failed his inspection.

4. JIC AMK - I saw some diesel van has extra 4th brake light on rear van door. So I thought that is safety thing. I put up mine and they fail me. So I pull out the light just to make them happy. I suspect JIC AMK doesn't know much other than LIGHTS, LIGHTS. LIGHT !!!

5. Yishun Vicom - failed my van diesel smoke test. I saw them never put the probe and the fan in front properly. I drive straight to STA and smoke test passed. Yeah, so much for standard !

It's up to you to decide. It depends on what car you're driving and who and what the inspectors penchant are, outside of LTA rules.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Heng suay one. Depends on who is on duty. The same centre I go...

1 time never even open my bonnet. Could have swopped a jet engine inside!

The next time 2 ppl take out torchlight, hunting high & low like searching for extra turbo in my engine bay.

As long as pass I'm happy!

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

My experience with these inspection centres is that where there's no specific rules, they make up their own rules.

Here's what I remember.

1. Yishun Vicom - fren told me inspectors told him his lights failed. If headlight is yellow, parking light must be yellow. If headlight is white, parking light must be white. Is there such a rule in LTA ? Probably not. Just make up by somebody there.

2. Yishun Vicom - I send my car with Remus exhaust there for inspection, with TUV cert, certified for my car. They failed me bcuz I did not produce installation receipt by a workshop. Huh ? Like that also can ? I had to go back to workshop to get a receipt. Who make up this rule again ? Must produce installation receipt ? By then, I decide to go KB Vicom and passed.

3. JIC AMK - workshop boss (close fren of mine) told me the inspectors there does not know what kind of headlights is for which year Beetle. Bcuz the old classic beetle is so old, it is not in their rule book somewhere. So inspectors ask him and he told them which year is which type of headlight. The next time he goes there, that knowledge is used against him and failed his inspection.

4. JIC AMK - I saw some diesel van has extra 4th brake light on rear van door. So I thought that is safety thing. I put up mine and they fail me. So I pull out the light just to make them happy. I suspect JIC AMK doesn't know much other than LIGHTS, LIGHTS. LIGHT !!!

5. Yishun Vicom - failed my van diesel smoke test. I saw them never put the probe and the fan in front properly. I drive straight to STA and smoke test passed. Yeah, so much for standard !

It's up to you to decide. It depends on what car you're driving and who and what the inspectors penchant are, outside of LTA rules.

I agree with ys vicom. I kena before and most workshop I asked tell me to avoid yishun vicom.

13 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I agree with ys vicom. I kena before and most workshop I asked tell me to avoid yishun vicom.

workshop knows better, bcuz they are always sending cars for inspection, unlike most of us, just one time in 3 yrs.

i used to drive a > 10 yr old diesel van and needs to go inspection every year, so I get a few more reasons to get pissed about.

21 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

+1 on their lack of knowledge and incredible nit-picking.

Inspector (local) failed me on my hazard lights not having the same yellowish tone (faded colour?!). 🤡

22 hours ago, Raychay said:

Heng suay one. Depends on who is on duty. The same centre I go...

1 time never even open my bonnet. Could have swopped a jet engine inside!

The next time 2 ppl take out torchlight, hunting high & low like searching for extra turbo in my engine bay.

As long as pass I'm happy!

How do the inspector do a visual inspection on the engine serial number and other items if you did not open the car bonnet.

• Praise 1

On 10/13/2020 at 3:57 PM, Albeniz said:

I understand an inspector must be a trained auto mechanic and with few years working experience working on vehicles .The selected mechanics  must undergo vehicle inspection training prior to being appointed as vehicle inspector.

Edited by Yeobh

5 hours ago, Yeobh said:

How do the inspector do a visual inspection on the engine serial number and other items if you did not open the car bonnet.

I think most check from the bottom for the serial number. There's nothing much to see from the top. 

You can go bore up, change cylinders, cam, valves and springs and they cannot catch coz can't see from outside.

1 minute ago, Stratovarius said:

I think most check from the bottom for the serial number. There's nothing much to see from the top. 

You can go bore up, change cylinders, cam, valves and springs and they cannot catch coz can't see from outside.

Stock exos got serial number?

7 minutes ago, Freeder said:

As advised by my frens, last week went to Vicom(KB) and passed effortlessly..

But need to Q for 1 hr before inspection..

I always go VICOM Changi North.

Not more than 15mins q on wkday

On 10/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, Kb27 said:

Here's what I remember.

They are all a bunch of uneducated idiots. 
I give them hell. I pay for their service and dare to push me around. I would have kick them out of my vehicle if they abused it during the smoke test. 

don’t you have to pay extra to reinspect? A bloody con job to fail people at their whims and fancies so that they can earn more. I’ll  complain to lta on why I was failed. 
In the end, it’s just to waste your time. 

Edited by Mkl22

12 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

But bottom also covered up by the plastic sheet.

Twincharged
11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I always go VICOM Changi North.

Not more than 15mins q on wkday

Just went there last week for my first inspection for new car...  

Since no mods,  just walked to the front to edit for the cert after handing over my car. 

↡ Advertisement