BMW 523i F10 Highline 10 Years COE Renewal

18 minutes ago, TheCarDealer said:

Approx 50 mins. Tow truck had a hard time trying to tow the car too 😅

Luckily all were understanding after I explained the situation except for 1 who thought I was trying to do harm to them. 

I positioned myself at the downslope on the other end of the carpark to direct drivers to go against the flow of traffic so as to get out of the carpark.

1 tried to run me down as I was standing in front of his car, ironically a BMW 2 series, despite me trying to explain the fact that the only way out is blocked.

In the end he proceeded and got stucked on the slope.

Just curious can't it be put into neutral drive and push aside?

↡ Advertisement

34 minutes ago, Wallaw819 said:

Just curious can't it be put into neutral drive and push aside?

Yes. But need tools to pry open the cover etc as the gear cannot be shifted to other gears other than P. Electronic Brake also unable to disengage.

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, TheCarDealer said:

Yes. But need tools to pry open the cover etc as the gear cannot be shifted to other gears other than P. Electronic Brake also unable to disengage.

Oh. This will be a major downside for electronics brake...

10 hours ago, TheCarDealer said:

Luckily all were understanding after I explained the situation except for 1 who thought I was trying to do harm to them. 

I positioned myself at the downslope on the other end of the carpark to direct drivers to go against the flow of traffic so as to get out of the carpark.

1 tried to run me down as I was standing in front of his car, ironically a BMW 2 series, despite me trying to explain the fact that the only way out is blocked.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:39 PM, TheCarDealer said:

I took in a 1 Owner 523i Highline with full servicing record with wear and tear replaced, no oil leak and mileage @ 125k a week back.

COE end in 2 months so I thought maybe can drive for awhile and wait for PQP to drop before renewing. On the other hand, I have a ready buyer for this unit.

In the end, customer loan approve so sadly have to let go as the car really is in immaculate condition.

Guess what, 4 days after buying in the car and 1 day before delivery date, the car died on me in a multistorey carpark halfway on the slope in an awkward position. Blocking 4 cars from coming out of their lots, and the other cars that were coming down from the higher levels had to drive against the flow of traffic to exit the carpark.

Turns out the Variable Camshaft Timing Unit dislodged inside the engine when the bolt broke and caused the car to stall and die.

For now, still looking for another unit and hoping the PQP go down.

IMG-20210418-WA0026.jpg

Cant put to neutral gear and get someone to help to push?

9 hours ago, TheCarDealer said:

Ah... the amazing wonders of modern automobile technology and its quirky electronics... Gimme a standard simple car any time of the day!

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Davidklt said:

Cant put to neutral gear and get someone to help to push?

Beemers I owned once door opened, it goes into P. 

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Haahaha i totally forgot abt this and while reversing yesterday opened the door to check and it happened, damn malu outside hahahaahha

• Haha! 3

13 hours ago, TheCarDealer said:

sadly that one 2 series driver does not have any understanding at all

On 4/18/2021 at 10:57 PM, Ceecookie said:

At 125k mileage? Looked like the owner could have rolled back the mileage before selling over to you. 

Nah..not all the time..all my previous cars, mileage less than 10K per year.

• Praise 1

On 4/20/2021 at 7:20 PM, yellowshaun said:

heng ah not a big sum =D

My workshop say lucky it broke off at low speed. If travelling at high speed the whole engine might have to scrap.

So yeah, Ti Kong Tia Gong Kia (Workshop boss told me this) Hahaha

On 4/19/2021 at 1:25 PM, TheCarDealer said:

LOL YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN PHOTO OF THAT GUY'S FACE WHEN HE DISCOVERED HE TIO STUCK HAHAHA!

59 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

LOL YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN PHOTO OF THAT GUY'S FACE WHEN HE DISCOVERED HE TIO STUCK HAHAHA!

Part 2 of the story.

Gotta give credit to his daughter for alighting the car after he reversed back up the slope and apologised to me, explaining that her father didn't understand a word that I was saying.

Anyway, let bygones be bygones.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, TheCarDealer said:

Part 2 of the story.

Gotta give credit to his daughter for alighting the car after he reversed back up the slope and apologised to me, explaining that her father didn't understand a word that I was saying.

Anyway, let bygones be bygones.

part 3, chio or not?

• Haha! 2

On 4/19/2021 at 11:42 PM, Davidklt said:

This is the interior for the Geely Preface.

I think can easily tops a lot of Japanese makes.

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 11.41.51 PM.png

I don't think Japanese makes interior look as good. Purely comparing the look itself. 

On 4/20/2021 at 1:17 AM, Hamburger said:

On 4/20/2021 at 1:19 AM, SiLangKia said:

Haahaha i totally forgot abt this and while reversing yesterday opened the door to check and it happened, damn malu outside hahahaahha

Buy MT.Can do whatever u want 😂

Edited by shrjun
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1