When would a 99 year property start to depreciate?

Ct3833

Lai ah, lelong, vintage Rolex freehold. Only $58k no box no papers,  will deliver to your doorstep.

additional special discount for early birds and if you buy 2 units or more

image.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
53 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

bro, cck condo opposite hdb ... no $1.2M no talk la

DBD16D4C-4DA3-4F59-A665-FC0C420C64FA.jpeg

Even cck location condo also can sell $1.2m! Really huat ah! Lol.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Wait until 65yrs old , pocket empty with a property, good luck on retirement. 

Maybe they can peel the paint off the walls of their property and cook it

Maybe by then they downgrade their property so have cash liao?

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Lai ah, lelong, vintage Rolex freehold. Only $58k no box no papers,  will deliver to your doorstep.

additional special discount for early birds and if you buy 2 units or more

image.jpg

when will it start to depreciate? lol ... 

thread starter asks .... 

buy to wear or buy to flip? lol 

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic
23 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Lanjiao Property agents like to anyhow post price .

for this condo $800psf is too much!!!

last price lodged in March 2020 only $834psf.

now confirm lower . $750psf at best

already 12 yrs lease gone muayhahahahahaha

B1181F55-604E-4C5B-8285-E2586C2AD5EB.jpeg

Agents always like to ask for high price first ma, then slowly slowly reduce price if no takers?! If can find takers to buy at $1.2m then huat lo.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Agents always like to ask for high price first ma, then slowly slowly reduce price if no takers?! If can find takers to buy at $1.2m then huat lo.

give you $50K disc ... can buy 1 gold rolex ... my loss is your gain ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Spring said:

This may not be the platform to say this but I also don’t understand why Govt allows HDB owners to buy Private n rent out the HDB as HDB shld nvr be an investment asset, it shld be for staying. Last time this was not allowed but don’t know what prompted a change in the rules. Sorry rant over!

I fully agreed w you. 

They trying to boost up gdp w many having pte property  . Make them feel shiok looking at the paper 😄. Like cpf. 

All citizen should be given the rite to buy bto. Married or not , income etc shld not be the main criteria. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Spring said:

This may not be the platform to say this but I also don’t understand why Govt allows HDB owners to buy Private n rent out the HDB as HDB shld nvr be an investment asset, it shld be for staying. Last time this was not allowed but don’t know what prompted a change in the rules. Sorry rant over!

I agree with you too. but I think they allow the owner to stay in HDB, rent out his private, not the other way round. 

• Praise 1

With such high price for hdb , the younger gen will suffer unless they have rich parents.  Else they will spend most of their life paying for the hdb. Maybe 30yrs , by then 50- 55 liao. Dont know how much left for retirement.  Now with RS , lagi worst. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

I fully agreed w you. 

They trying to boost up gdp w many having pte property  . Make them feel shiok looking at the paper 😄. Like cpf. 

All citizen should be given the rite to buy bto. Married or not , income etc shld not be the main criteria. 

Only those who are  above income bracket  will complain  about this 😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

You are above income bracket , it is why  you are complaining is  it ?😅😅

I was the suay one .... ugly and no money when young , bo lang ai . So cant get married. By the time i married (over 40) , income over limit . Cant buy again. LPPL .... 

At my age , going for pte is dangerous. The property price shoot off the roof. 

So i shld look for a lower pay job to get a bto . 

Edited by Angcheek
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I agree with you too. but I think they allow the owner to stay in HDB, rent out his private, not the other way round. 

Last time was like that ie stay in hdb, rent out private. Private owners can also buy hdb but must stay in the hdb.

The rule has since changed. Hdb owners can choose to stay in either whilst for private owners, they can’t buy hdb unless they sell their private so rule has been skewed in favour of hdb owners. The rule previously was fair. Private for investment, hdb for staying. What prompted the change I also don’t know. Sorry for the distraction from the 99yr lease topic. 

• Praise 4

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Only those who are  above income bracket  will complain  about this 😅

yes. but it's also fair for people who above the income bracket want to live frugally and stay in hdb

unlike someone got hdb got condo and also bungalow ... 

got private still hog hdb ... enjoy u-save, gst-rebate and got pioneer/merdeka angpow ... not i say one ... one auntie say one ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Angcheek said:

I was the suay one .... ugly and no money when young , bo lang ai . So cant get married. By the time i married (over 40) , income over limit . Cant buy again. LPPL .... 

At my age , going for pte is dangerous. The property price shoot off the roof. 

So i shld look for a lower pay job to get a bto . 

mai complain,  we are all blessed in one way or another. Just accept the reality and continue to plough  on 😆😆.

Sorry answer to your main question.  

I think 25yr old building would start to depreciate. If market price slow down , this  threshold will drop lower and depreciation come in faster. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yes. but it's also fair for people who above the income bracket want to live frugally and stay in hdb

got private still hog hdb ... enjoy u-save, gst-rebate and got pioneer/merdeka angpow ... not i say one ... one auntie say one ... lol

Looks like the someone is one of the ones here. Who is that  ? 

• Haha! 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Looks like the someone is one of the ones here. Who is that  ? 

don't blame someone is one of the ones ... blame "someone" who allow that happen ... muahahahaha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

indeed ... the brackets stated 14k i think . 

But they shld take age into consideration.  Those earning that in their 20s and those in their 40s or 50s are alot of different.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2