Science centre

Ysc3

Twincharged

Anyone been to the science center in the past but half year? The recommended time to spend there is 3 to 4 hours !? Really?

I think now would be a good time to visit as entry is limited to a number of visitors so there should not be any crowd.

I went to the website and it appears there is free entry for locals in weekdays?

I only went there once during my primary school excursion trip.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Don't know which joker is in charge of the Science Centre. With the same run down exhibits that have been there for donkey years. Maybe parents who bring their kids now might have seen the same thing as a kid themselves.  Now no longer relevant for me as my kid is no longer in primary school. 

Only good thing there is probably the McDonald's. 

The 3, 4 hrs include 2 hr at McDonald's? ? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

Actually for 3-4 hours if someone with the virus infection is there... it can spread to many visitors. You want to risk it by going there now cos it's...free?

Really?😂

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Science Center is quite meh. Not every kid will like. My kids are ok. But i think some kids will be bored.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
28 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Actually for 3-4 hours if someone with the virus infection is there... it can spread to many visitors. You want to risk it by going there now cos it's...free?

Really?😂

I don't know if it's free only now or all along... I just saw it in the website... 

I am considering it as the number of visitors are limited... So there should not be a crowd. 

Twincharged
23 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Science Center is quite meh. Not every kid will like. My kids are ok. But i think some kids will be bored.

I really got no idea... My only visit there was a long time ago.... So don't know if anything changed... 

Just now, Ysc3 said:

I really got no idea... My only visit there was a long time ago.... So don't know if anything changed... 

basically if u think it looks like it did in the 80s/90s. U won't be disappointed [laugh]

• Haha! 4

Twincharged
33 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Don't know which joker is in charge of the Science Centre. With the same run down exhibits that have been there for donkey years. Maybe parents who bring their kids now might have seen the same thing as a kid themselves.  Now no longer relevant for me as my kid is no longer in primary school. 

Actually I worked at the BK there during my sec school days ... Don't know if it is still there or not... But even when i worked there,  I did not visit the centre then. 

37 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I believe the whole place is going to be torn down and rebuilt very soon. It's part of the Jurong transformation project announced 2-3 years ago?

• Shocked 1

(edited)

The only new addition was the waterplay area outside. But that's definitely stopped due to covid.

Though the Tesla Coil is still fascinating for the kids.

The West if I have to go for a family/kids attraction, would be Jurong Bird Park. I actually like it more than going to the zoo or River safari. Will  miss the place when it moves to Mandai in few years time.

Edited by Lala81

It is still a good place to expose kids to science if parents explain it to them in an interesting way instead of letting them run free. The exhibits are pretty informative. Tho I am not sure if it a good idea to be trapped in an enclosed space for hours with other parents/grandparents/kids who may not keep a safe distancing and wait for their turn to look at exhibits.  

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

No more Mcdonald's. I read some months ago they are closing that outlet.

No more macD there? No wonder the carpark seems so empty nowadays?

Think the last time i went to science centre was during my sec school? Lol.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I believe the whole place is going to be torn down and rebuilt very soon. It's part of the Jurong transformation project announced 2-3 years ago?

Heard they are moving the science centre to another place?

7 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

It is still a good place to expose kids to science if parents explain it to them in an interesting way instead of letting them run free. The exhibits are pretty informative. Tho I am not sure if it a good idea to be trapped in an enclosed space for hours with other parents/grandparents/kids who may not keep a safe distancing and wait for their turn to look at exhibits.  

yeah that would be my main concern for contact points for some exhibits.

• Praise 1

I was there in 2015 when the Transformer event was held. My children enjoyed being there. I didnt. It was kinda boring cos the place is so small. Last time when I was there during primary school days I had fond memories especially at the omnitheatre. 

I was also at the snowcity a couple of years back. My youngest child's preschool held an event there. It was memorable. From the outside it looks a little run down actually. I think everyone's been there before. Once or twice as a kid and a few more times as a parent. I never see ppl go there paktor. 😂 So it's not interesting for adults really.

• Praise 3

To keep the kids entertained, there are a lot of hands-on exhibits. Kids get to touch and feel the exhibits. Don't think it is a good idea nowadays to allow everyone to touch the same exhibits. In theory, Science Centre may say that their exhibits are sanitized "regularly"; although I doubt it is done often enough, i.e. between each and every user.

I went to the science centre last year... actually more accurately went to a temp dinosaur exhibition which my girls loved. Didnt even bother to go inside SC

My wife went Jurong BP last year too and she said we must go before it closes. I actually quite keen to try base on what she told me

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1