Mini JCW GP Roll Over Shortly After Owner Takes Delivery

Carbon82

No, it is not driven by someone with little driving experience but... still a ID10T nevertheless. I can feel the pain of the car, and many car lovers out there, 'cos this is not a normal Mini JCW, but one with limited run of 3000 units (and this unit was gone too fast, literally). [:(] 

Even I am not a motoring expert, I know that drifting on soft / uneven ground is simply asking for trouble.

There are just 3,000 units of the Mini John Cooper Works GP coming to the road, and judging by this video, you can already scratch one of those of that total. A video from the YouTuber Pog shows the excitement of him taking delivery of the limited-run hot hatch and eventually the despair of wrecking the vehicle.

The Mini comes to Pog's house in a giant crate, which makes for an impressive unboxing. It also arrives with a bag that has a mini statue of Pog inside.

Due to the lockdown from the COVID-19 pandemic, Pog can't take the JCW GP onto the road, so he decides to start doing laps of his yard. He doesn't have too much land, but there's enough space to create a little circuit around his house.

Pog completes multiple laps, and there's some great cinematography in this video. Tragedy eventually strikes, though. After so many circuits there's a divet at the entrance of one of the homemade corners. Hitting it upsets the balance of the car, and the hatchback does a complete roll before ending back on the wheels.

Pog doesn't suffer any injuries. The JCW GP is in rough shape, though. The worst damage is where the roof meets the windshield because it is crushed inward.

While Pog is physically unharmed, he's going through mental anguish. He covered just 14 miles (23 kilometers) before rolling the limited-edition hot hatch.

The JCW GP uses a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 302 horsepower (225 kilowatts) and 332 pound-feet (450 Newton-meters) of torque. It can get to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 165 mph (265 kph).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 10

The MINI-POG can be repaired! The list of repairs is long: replacement of the right front headlight, a rear view mirror, doors, grille, bumper, carbon wheel arches and replacement of the roof. The chassis is intact despite the shock 💪
She's in good hands. I could see the attention and love of a job well done by the MINI mechanics (work that reminds me of watchmaking, you can not imagine the number of parts that make up a small MINI). The MINI-POG will return!

• Praise 1

The soft soil cushioned the impact of the flip and thus chassis is intact.

And lucky for this joker, the repair cost might not be as high as in Singapore. Here, the insurer will probably tell him to deregister the car as it will be non-economical to go the repair route.

I can't help but lol whenever I see his 'sad' face. What a ID10T!!

108220644_2750174025204238_5519584689351

The middle finger of his favorite figuring should be pointing at him... :D 

110123275_3305464262847977_5498330467189

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
On 7/17/2020 at 11:25 AM, Carbon82 said:

No, it is not driven by someone with little driving experience but... still a ID10T nevertheless. I can feel the pain of the car, and many car lovers out there, 'cos this is not a normal Mini JCW, but one with limited run of 3000 units (and this unit was gone too fast, literally). [:(] 

Even I am not a motoring expert, I know that drifting on soft / uneven ground is simply asking for trouble.

There are just 3,000 units of the Mini John Cooper Works GP coming to the road, and judging by this video, you can already scratch one of those of that total. A video from the YouTuber Pog shows the excitement of him taking delivery of the limited-run hot hatch and eventually the despair of wrecking the vehicle.

The Mini comes to Pog's house in a giant crate, which makes for an impressive unboxing. It also arrives with a bag that has a mini statue of Pog inside.

Due to the lockdown from the COVID-19 pandemic, Pog can't take the JCW GP onto the road, so he decides to start doing laps of his yard. He doesn't have too much land, but there's enough space to create a little circuit around his house.

Pog completes multiple laps, and there's some great cinematography in this video. Tragedy eventually strikes, though. After so many circuits there's a divet at the entrance of one of the homemade corners. Hitting it upsets the balance of the car, and the hatchback does a complete roll before ending back on the wheels.

Pog doesn't suffer any injuries. The JCW GP is in rough shape, though. The worst damage is where the roof meets the windshield because it is crushed inward.

While Pog is physically unharmed, he's going through mental anguish. He covered just 14 miles (23 kilometers) before rolling the limited-edition hot hatch.

The JCW GP uses a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 302 horsepower (225 kilowatts) and 332 pound-feet (450 Newton-meters) of torque. It can get to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 165 mph (265 kph).

Interesting. Totally can feel his pain. But what cracked me the most was when he asked WHERES MINIPOG. Hahahah.

• Haha! 2

17 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Interesting. Totally can feel his pain. But what cracked me the most was when he asked WHERES MINIPOG. Hahahah.

The way he interact with minipog reminds me of this... :D :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Minipog is the new Teddy bear! 

hqdefault.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore car review should be like this 

The way he talks reminded me of someone I know...open mouth only I laugh...sure got either xyz, dllm, ccb etc cum out in each sentence 😁

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore car review should be like this 

Trying to be a crude Mr. Brown ( Ah Huat)…

One of the most turn-off or luan luan lai car reviewer wannabe…

If KF Seetoh (makansutra) then should be fun😂

8 hours ago, mersaylee said:

The highlights are not when he's speaking England...😁

The moment he mentioned the interior is spartan I was totally put off.

Imo, spartan?? Does he even know the meaning of the word spartan?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

The moment he mentioned the interior is spartan I was totally put off.

Imo, spartan?? Does he even know the meaning of the word spartan?

I tink he meant to say sibeh satki 😁

1_INWRLlsbC1kSpMBhAleVVw.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1