Jump to content
VteckiCk

Boon Lay Job Fair 18 July today for those who need help

Recommended Posts

3rd Gear (edited)

Saw this on and thought maybe good to share in troubled times although openings are limitrd. Not sure if this is only for West Coast residents but I think not? There's also openings for Shengsiong for those who say they want to join SS in the other thread. Here's your chance lor. Good luck to all the bros who need help. God bless. 

Please find out more info first before going down if not wasted trip

https://mustsharenews.com/boon-lay-job-fair/

1,200 job openings at Boon Lay job fair

The event will offer more than 1,200 job opportunities for attendees from 8 companies.

Here’s a list of some of the participating companies and their job opportunities.

Air Tech Engineering & Consultancy

- Building Technician

Cleaning Express

-Cleaners

-Gardeners

-Pest Control Technicians

Faxolif Industries

-Production Operators

Watson’s Personal Care Stores

-Customer Assistant

-Customer Supervisor

Imperial Ink

-Lab Technician

-Production Operator

-Sales Executive

-Sales Manager

Sheng Siong Group

-Food Processing Worker (Butcher)

-Cashier

-Packer (Fruit / Grocery / Vegetable / Frozen)

-Food Processing Worker (Seafood)

-Internal Driver (HQ Warehouse)

-Packer (Frozen for HQ Warehouse)

Boon Lay Job Fair
Address: 10 Boon Lay Place, S649882
Date: 18 Jul 2020
Time: 10.00am-3.00pm
Nearest MRT: Lakeside MRT station

Edited by VteckiCk
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

In before a Rolex aficionado comes in saying he needs a job. 😁

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

I don't have Lolex and seriously need a job.

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

The jobs that are listed, mainly replacing the army of malaysian workers that were terminated after subsidies dried up or did not return after the MCO/CB.

Let's see if locals are willing to take it up?

  • Praise 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

The jobs that are listed, mainly replacing the army of malaysian workers that were terminated after subsidies dried up or did not return after the MCO/CB.

Let's see if locals are willing to take it up?

Well. I don't think we should hiam. Every job had its value. A computer programmer can bring joy to the customer by making the customer journey online more pleasant, A cashier can do the same too.

 

It is how we perceive the job and how what we want from the job. 🙂

 

For those who are going to the job fair today, All the best! 👨‍🍳👩‍🚀🕵️‍♀️👨‍🏫👨‍🏭👨‍🔧

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

There are many similar job fair going on at other constituencies and the job list are more or less the same (blue collar role). 

If these form bulk of the 100K jobs to be created for Singaporean, then the big question here: What about our PMET?

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, we are going to see a repeat of what happened after GE2011. Massive reduction in FW (quota) with the claim that our voices are heard, BUT they are targeting at the WRONG group of foreigners! Majority of us wanted FT to be out, INSTEAD of FW (or now called MW - migrant worker). 

  • Praise 18
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

There are many similar job fair going on at other constituencies and the job list are more or less the same (blue collar role). 

If these form bulk of the 100K jobs to be created for Singaporean, then the big question here: What about our PMET?

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, we are going to see a repeat of what happened after GE2011. Massive reduction in FW (quota) with the claim that our voices are heard, BUT they are targeting at the WRONG group of foreigners! Majority of us wanted FT to be out, INSTEAD of FW (or now called MW - migrant worker). 

This 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged
33 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

BUT they are targeting at the WRONG group of foreigners! Majority of us wanted FT to be out, INSTEAD of FW (or now called MW - migrant worker). 

exactly.

whats the point of getting fw out and ask us to fill the roles of table cleaner, road sweeper. then all the 5digit/mth  job given to foreigners

  • Praise 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

Also, why are our young graduates not able to find Good jobs? Is our education system inferior to those from other countries? 

  • Praise 4
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
22 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Also, why are our young graduates not able to find Good jobs? Is our education system inferior to those from other countries? 

Many sponsored scolar from oversea . 😄

 

  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

There are many similar job fair going on at other constituencies and the job list are more or less the same (blue collar role). 

If these form bulk of the 100K jobs to be created for Singaporean, then the big question here: What about our PMET?

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, we are going to see a repeat of what happened after GE2011. Massive reduction in FW (quota) with the claim that our voices are heard, BUT they are targeting at the WRONG group of foreigners! Majority of us wanted FT to be out, INSTEAD of FW (or now called MW - migrant worker). 

 

Just maybe ... maybe ok .. maybe

Their idea was .. complain so much , let u die . 😆🍻🍻🍻

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Well. I don't think we should hiam. Every job had its value. A computer programmer can bring joy to the customer by making the customer journey online more pleasant, A cashier can do the same too.

 

It is how we perceive the job and how what we want from the job. 🙂

 

For those who are going to the job fair today, All the best! 👨‍🍳👩‍🚀🕵️‍♀️👨‍🏫👨‍🏭👨‍🔧

I'm always nicer to the call centre employees who sound local. Of course, some could be Malaysian but kawan kawan lah. 

Note: I'm never rude to anyone, it's just polite nice vs friendly nicer. Lol. 

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
33 minutes ago, Beregond said:

exactly.

whats the point of getting fw out and ask us to fill the roles of table cleaner, road sweeper. then all the 5digit/mth  job given to foreigners

Maybe local pay less tax with 5 figures ... foreigners pay more ?? 😆

🍻

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

I'm always nicer to the call centre employees who sound local. Of course, some could be Malaysian but kawan kawan lah. 

Note: I'm never rude to anyone, it's just polite nice vs friendly nicer. Lol. 

i dont believe u .... did u ever use a knife on someone ? 😄

  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
28 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Also, why are our young graduates not able to find Good jobs? Is our education system inferior to those from other countries? 

actually  many strawberry gen still eating on their parents... take money from parents eat restaurants,  go drinking , take midnite cab, buy bubble tea ... the last one is the most stupid 

  • Praise 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic (edited)
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

There are many similar job fair going on at other constituencies and the job list are more or less the same (blue collar role). 

If these form bulk of the 100K jobs to be created for Singaporean, then the big question here: What about our PMET?

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, we are going to see a repeat of what happened after GE2011. Massive reduction in FW (quota) with the claim that our voices are heard, BUT they are targeting at the WRONG group of foreigners! Majority of us wanted FT to be out, INSTEAD of FW (or now called MW - migrant worker). 

Let's just say that this *is* targeted at the workforce *including* the ones who think they should be PMETs. 

Right now, there's a local (Chinese) Singaporean girl delivering our ST. She spoke to someone else in my family - said she's an NUS grad (don't know what degree) but couldn't find any job except newspaper delivery girl. This is a stark contrast to the situation even a year back, when it used to be Malaysian Indians on bicycles and the occasional PRC ATB coming to deliver our papers. 

The point is: moderate (and that means lower) your expectations. Be prepared to get your hands dirty. And PMETs are not immune. You're probably much better off in these circumstances if you have a highly sought-after professional qualification (especially medical, but legal is probably OK, though I'm not sure). And as for technical jobs, biomedical technicians remain in high demand in this setting. As for the rest, well...things are rocky and likely going to get rockier.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

i dont believe u .... did u ever use a knife on someone ? 😄

Only scalpels. 😂

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
37 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Also, why are our young graduates not able to find Good jobs? Is our education system inferior to those from other countries? 

Interesting, pls see my post (I only just spotted yours).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×