Boon Lay Job Fair 18 July today for those who need help

VteckiCk

(edited)

Saw this on and thought maybe good to share in troubled times although openings are limitrd. Not sure if this is only for West Coast residents but I think not? There's also openings for Shengsiong for those who say they want to join SS in the other thread. Here's your chance lor. Good luck to all the bros who need help. God bless. 

Please find out more info first before going down if not wasted trip

https://mustsharenews.com/boon-lay-job-fair/

1,200 job openings at Boon Lay job fair

The event will offer more than 1,200 job opportunities for attendees from 8 companies.

Here’s a list of some of the participating companies and their job opportunities.

Air Tech Engineering & Consultancy

- Building Technician

Cleaning Express

-Cleaners

-Gardeners

-Pest Control Technicians

Faxolif Industries

-Production Operators

Watson’s Personal Care Stores

-Customer Assistant

-Customer Supervisor

Imperial Ink

-Lab Technician

-Production Operator

-Sales Executive

-Sales Manager

Sheng Siong Group

-Food Processing Worker (Butcher)

-Cashier

-Packer (Fruit / Grocery / Vegetable / Frozen)

-Food Processing Worker (Seafood)

-Internal Driver (HQ Warehouse)

-Packer (Frozen for HQ Warehouse)

Boon Lay Job Fair
Address: 10 Boon Lay Place, S649882
Date: 18 Jul 2020
Time: 10.00am-3.00pm
Nearest MRT: Lakeside MRT station

Edited by VteckiCk
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

The jobs that are listed, mainly replacing the army of malaysian workers that were terminated after subsidies dried up or did not return after the MCO/CB.

Let's see if locals are willing to take it up?

• Praise 4
  • Sad 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

The jobs that are listed, mainly replacing the army of malaysian workers that were terminated after subsidies dried up or did not return after the MCO/CB.

Let's see if locals are willing to take it up?

Well. I don't think we should hiam. Every job had its value. A computer programmer can bring joy to the customer by making the customer journey online more pleasant, A cashier can do the same too.

It is how we perceive the job and how what we want from the job. 🙂

For those who are going to the job fair today, All the best! 👨‍🍳👩‍🚀🕵️‍♀️👨‍🏫👨‍🏭👨‍🔧

• Praise 7

There are many similar job fair going on at other constituencies and the job list are more or less the same (blue collar role). 

If these form bulk of the 100K jobs to be created for Singaporean, then the big question here: What about our PMET?

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, we are going to see a repeat of what happened after GE2011. Massive reduction in FW (quota) with the claim that our voices are heard, BUT they are targeting at the WRONG group of foreigners! Majority of us wanted FT to be out, INSTEAD of FW (or now called MW - migrant worker). 

• Praise 18
  • Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

There are many similar job fair going on at other constituencies and the job list are more or less the same (blue collar role). 

If these form bulk of the 100K jobs to be created for Singaporean, then the big question here: What about our PMET?

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, we are going to see a repeat of what happened after GE2011. Massive reduction in FW (quota) with the claim that our voices are heard, BUT they are targeting at the WRONG group of foreigners! Majority of us wanted FT to be out, INSTEAD of FW (or now called MW - migrant worker). 

This 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

BUT they are targeting at the WRONG group of foreigners! Majority of us wanted FT to be out, INSTEAD of FW (or now called MW - migrant worker). 

exactly.

whats the point of getting fw out and ask us to fill the roles of table cleaner, road sweeper. then all the 5digit/mth  job given to foreigners

• Praise 8

Also, why are our young graduates not able to find Good jobs? Is our education system inferior to those from other countries? 

• Praise 4
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Also, why are our young graduates not able to find Good jobs? Is our education system inferior to those from other countries? 

Many sponsored scolar from oversea . 😄

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Just maybe ... maybe ok .. maybe

Their idea was .. complain so much , let u die . 😆🍻🍻🍻

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Well. I don't think we should hiam. Every job had its value. A computer programmer can bring joy to the customer by making the customer journey online more pleasant, A cashier can do the same too.

It is how we perceive the job and how what we want from the job. 🙂

For those who are going to the job fair today, All the best! 👨‍🍳👩‍🚀🕵️‍♀️👨‍🏫👨‍🏭👨‍🔧

I'm always nicer to the call centre employees who sound local. Of course, some could be Malaysian but kawan kawan lah. 

Note: I'm never rude to anyone, it's just polite nice vs friendly nicer. Lol. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, Beregond said:

exactly.

whats the point of getting fw out and ask us to fill the roles of table cleaner, road sweeper. then all the 5digit/mth  job given to foreigners

Maybe local pay less tax with 5 figures ... foreigners pay more ?? 😆

🍻

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

I'm always nicer to the call centre employees who sound local. Of course, some could be Malaysian but kawan kawan lah. 

Note: I'm never rude to anyone, it's just polite nice vs friendly nicer. Lol. 

i dont believe u .... did u ever use a knife on someone ? 😄

• Haha! 4

28 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

actually  many strawberry gen still eating on their parents... take money from parents eat restaurants,  go drinking , take midnite cab, buy bubble tea ... the last one is the most stupid 

• Praise 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 4

(edited)
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Let's just say that this *is* targeted at the workforce *including* the ones who think they should be PMETs. 

Right now, there's a local (Chinese) Singaporean girl delivering our ST. She spoke to someone else in my family - said she's an NUS grad (don't know what degree) but couldn't find any job except newspaper delivery girl. This is a stark contrast to the situation even a year back, when it used to be Malaysian Indians on bicycles and the occasional PRC ATB coming to deliver our papers. 

The point is: moderate (and that means lower) your expectations. Be prepared to get your hands dirty. And PMETs are not immune. You're probably much better off in these circumstances if you have a highly sought-after professional qualification (especially medical, but legal is probably OK, though I'm not sure). And as for technical jobs, biomedical technicians remain in high demand in this setting. As for the rest, well...things are rocky and likely going to get rockier.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

i dont believe u .... did u ever use a knife on someone ? 😄

Only scalpels. 😂

• Haha! 3

37 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Interesting, pls see my post (I only just spotted yours).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1