5-room HDB resale flat in Clementi sold for S$1.04 million, paid for in cash

StreetFight3r

Lai which mcfer is this? Confess

https://mothership.sg/2020/07/clementi-hdb-flat-1-million/

A five-room HDB flat at Clementi was purchased on July 5 for a staggering S$1.04 million, and it was done so in cash.

Buyers paid for flat in cash

The 1,248 sq ft unit at Block 441A Clementi Avenue 3 was priced at S$833 per sq feet, according to Edge Prop.

The flat is located within Clementi Towers, a cluster of HDB blocks including 441A, 441B, 442 and 443. 4-room and 5-room flats are located in 441A. The other three blocks comprise 3-room and 4-room flats.

Clementi Towers is also part of the Clementi integrated transport hub, including Clementi Mall, Clementi MRT station and the bus interchange. According to Edge Prop, the flats have 91 years left on their lease.

Edge Prop reported that the buyers are an elderly couple who are downsizing from a landed property in West Coast. They also paid for the HDB flat in cash. The deal was closed in a day.

The Clementi HDB flat was on the market for about 10 days and had two separate viewings.

The previous record for the block was held by a five-room flat, also in Block 441A, sold for S$1.038 million (S$810 per sq ft) in July 2019.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Old couple downsize from landed, after paying $1mil cash, there should still be a lot of spare cash to spend.

• Praise 4

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Old couple downsize from landed, after paying $1mil cash, there should still be a lot of spare cash to spend.

Also because there is no condo within 5 min walking distance of clementi central.

They are all a good distance away. 15min walk maybe for an elderly couple. My sister's home is probably "the closest" to clementi central MRT and it's a 12min walk for me. And I'm quite a fast walker.

Ok Lah. Polyclinic is there. Hawker center, multiple coffeeshops. MRT right below your doorstep. I think in the West, this is the only HDB town with such elderly friendly amenities within a few min walk of each other. Even queenstown/redhill the polyclinic is not within same locale as MRT.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 10

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Also because there is no condo within 5 min walking distance of clementi central.

They are all a good distance away. 15min walk maybe for an elderly couple. My sister's home is probably "the closest" to clementi central MRT and it's a 12min walk for me. And I'm quite a fast walker.

Ok Lah. Polyclinic is there. Hawker center, multiple coffeeshops. MRT right below your doorstep. I think in the West, this is the only HDB town with such elderly friendly amenities within a few min walk of each other. Even queenstown/redhill the polyclinic is not within same locale as MRT.

polyclinic is about 100 m  away from my house too, soon when I get older,  I will go there to queue up for cheap medicine😅😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 5

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

polyclinic is about 100 m  away from my house too, soon when I get older,  I will go there to queue up for cheap medicine😅😅

Walking good exercise...

My dad in early 70s and my mum in late 60s can still walk long distances. Walk 15mins to Central is not an issue. 

I think those who have everything just few min walk away from each other, their health usually not good one.
Of course depend on what type of working life you had lah. The ones who did manual work like being hawkers etc, their bodies all worse for wear.

If you don't use it, u just lose it. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
46 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Walking good exercise...

My dad in early 70s and my mum in late 60s can still walk long distances. Walk 15mins to Central is not an issue. 

I think those who have everything just few min walk away from each other, their health usually not good one.
Of course depend on what type of working life you had lah. The ones who did manual work like being hawkers etc, their bodies all worse for wear.

If you don't use it, u just lose it. 

All my entire life, i have never stay in a house which is within 5 mins walking distance to MRT. Fastest walk to MRT also needs to take 8-10mins. And now even need to walk 12-15 mins to MRT. 😅

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Lai which mcfer is this? Confess

https://mothership.sg/2020/07/clementi-hdb-flat-1-million/

A five-room HDB flat at Clementi was purchased on July 5 for a staggering S$1.04 million, and it was done so in cash.

Buyers paid for flat in cash

The 1,248 sq ft unit at Block 441A Clementi Avenue 3 was priced at S$833 per sq feet, according to Edge Prop.

The flat is located within Clementi Towers, a cluster of HDB blocks including 441A, 441B, 442 and 443. 4-room and 5-room flats are located in 441A. The other three blocks comprise 3-room and 4-room flats.

Clementi Towers is also part of the Clementi integrated transport hub, including Clementi Mall, Clementi MRT station and the bus interchange. According to Edge Prop, the flats have 91 years left on their lease.

Edge Prop reported that the buyers are an elderly couple who are downsizing from a landed property in West Coast. They also paid for the HDB flat in cash. The deal was closed in a day.

The Clementi HDB flat was on the market for about 10 days and had two separate viewings.

The previous record for the block was held by a five-room flat, also in Block 441A, sold for S$1.038 million (S$810 per sq ft) in July 2019.

Aiyoh, all the details are there mah...

$1mil full cash settle property after selling landed, very normal leh

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Dont forget NUH is also near to clementi. And also NTF hospital also not that far from clementi. Actually in terms of amenities, clementi not a bad place to stay. Best is this place is near to AYE.

So if people want to buy newer batch of hdb flats and near to MRT,  this hdb flats above clementi mall is the only one available. Since hdb near to MRT are all old flats. The next newer hdb flats even needs to take a bus.

• Praise 4

More young HdB sellers will be looking more more elderly people to sell their flats at an inflated price. 

Wooohhhooo huat ah

• Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont forget NUH is also near to clementi. And also NTF hospital also not that far from clementi. Actually in terms of amenities, clementi not a bad place to stay. Best is this place is near to AYE.

So if people want to buy newer batch of hdb flats and near to MRT,  this hdb flats above clementi mall is the only one available. Since hdb near to MRT are all old flats. The next newer hdb flats even needs to take a bus.

I tried to ballot for the sale of balance 5 rooms in 2011/2012... I think 2.xx% chance of being selected [:p]

• Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, 13177 said:

All my entire life, i have never stay in a house which is within 5 mins walking distance to MRT. Fastest walk to MRT also needs to take 8-10mins. And now even need to walk 12-15 mins to MRT. 😅

So u will still be fit when u retire [laugh]

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

HDB flat in Clementi cost S$1.04 million???!!!

No wonder the Chinese name of Clementi is called 金滿地!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

So u will still be fit when u retire [laugh]

I wish. 😂 But sometimes i really walk until pek chek, esp when it is very hot or raining. 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Aiyoh, all the details are there mah...

$1mil full cash settle property after selling landed, very normal leh

So I'm not wrong in another thread..

↡ Advertisement