5-room HDB resale flat in Clementi sold for S$1.04 million, paid for in cash

StreetFight3r

45 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Interesting question, anyone knows the answer? I think if anything will to be written off,  it has to be after 55. 

My previous hdb i sold at a loss, not enough to cover accrued interest. I actually had cash standing by to make up whatever shortfall there was but CPF waived it off. Just logged into my CPF account to verify, no sign of the previous shortfall, all the figures are for my current flat. I'm 42 this year, all this happened last year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Myxilplix said:

My previous hdb i sold at a loss, not enough to cover accrued interest. I actually had cash standing by to make up whatever shortfall there was but CPF waived it off. Just logged into my CPF account to verify, no sign of the previous shortfall, all the figures are for my current flat. I'm 42 this year, all this happened last year.

Thanks for sharing. Hope this round your new property will get you more profit over and above to cover the shortfall from the last flat.

3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

And I absolutely detest estates where there is a large proportion of old folks sitting around in void decks, loitering aimlessly and esp those with a kopitiam downstairs. For whatever reasons, those estates are always filthy with litter, phlegm, dirty walls, ciggie butts etc. The general condition of those estates are just pure lousy. Not a place I want to go back to.

All the HDBee estates I notice are filthy. Trash, cigarette butts everywhere. And often rats too. Roadside too, full of discarded food/drink containers. Doesn't which estate you choose. 

Singapore is now dirtier than most of the Chinese cities I came across. All the silver servants sleeping or counting their bonuses. MPs busy with other things (making cakes? Politicking?) instead of coming up with schemes to keep the place clean and punish the culprits like revoking the work permits of foreigners who litter (and increasing the fines/penalties for locals). 

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

All the HDBee estates I notice are filthy. Trash, cigarette butts everywhere. And often rats too. Roadside too, full of discarded food/drink containers. Doesn't which estate you choose. 

Singapore is now dirtier than most of the Chinese cities I came across. All the silver servants sleeping or counting their bonuses. MPs busy with other things (making cakes? Politicking?) instead of coming up with schemes to keep the place clean and punish the culprits like revoking the work permits of foreigners who litter (and increasing the fines/penalties for locals). 

My estate is not like that.

I make a lot of complaints on “Recycled Bins Overfilled”.

TC increases collection frequency.

In China, they have loads of cleaners. Even roads in outskirts of Beijing is clean clean.

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

my previous estate is not like that. It is an old estate built in 1984 with a mixture of 3/4/5 room flats. No shops or kopitiams at the void deck area.

Rubbish chutes are cleared 2x a day. The exposed chute area is clean, dry and with no smell. Void decks swept daily. Corridors also swept regularly. I moved out in 2012 but go back regularly as my father still lives there. The whole place is still clean and tidy but with a bit more wear and tear because it is now 36 years old. 

I think it is very dependent on the composition of the residents living there. The residents there are pretty civil and considerate and therefore, the cleaners have an easier time to make things better. Very very few old men loitering around.

• Praise 6

Supersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

In China, they have loads of cleaners. Even roads in outskirts of Beijing is clean clean.

I think increase rubbish collection cannot solve the problem, people also must not be inconsiderate throwing their rubbish and dirty the estate.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think increase rubbish collection cannot solve the problem, people also must not be inconsiderate throwing their rubbish and dirty the estate.

After i made the 1st complain, TC increase the number of bins from 1 to 4 to be shared btw 3 blocks.

In addition, TC worker also clear off the bin when it is overfill.

Ppl behaviour hard to change la.

Edited by inlinesix

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

my previous estate is not like that. It is an old estate built in 1984 with a mixture of 3/4/5 room flats. No shops or kopitiams at the void deck area.

Rubbish chutes are cleared 2x a day. The exposed chute area is clean, dry and with no smell. Void decks swept daily. Corridors also swept regularly. I moved out in 2012 but go back regularly as my father still lives there. The whole place is still clean and tidy but with a bit more wear and tear because it is now 36 years old. 

I think it is very dependent on the composition of the residents living there. The residents there are pretty civil and considerate and therefore, the cleaners have an easier time to make things better. Very very few old men loitering around.

36 years old still not consider old enough, thats why no old men loitering around and estate is clean and tidy. Try going to those estate 40 plus years old, should see many old men loitering and many rubbish overfilled at void deck etc. Lol.

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

After i made the 1st complain, TC increase the number of bins from 1 to 4 to be shared btw 3 blocks.

In addition, TC worker also clear off the bin when it is overfill.

Ppl behaviour had to change la.

Ya, people behaviour have to change, if not even bins increased to 10 and TC worker clear off the bin every hour also not the correct way to resolve the problem. 😂

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

The bigger problem I am seeing on  the  recycle bin is that people are simply dumping everything into the bin, i don't know at the end of the day, whether the rubbish in the bin is sent for recycle or being sent to the incineration station. If it is sent for recycle,  I wonder how the company manage it with the kind of rubbish in there. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Myxilplix said:

if you collect deposit from buyer and declare it in hdb resale purchase agreement, you  have to return  the deposit to your cpf account. this happened to me almost 20 years ago.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Botanic garden MRT stn ? Wah !😀😀

Last time, no more already

now unemployed bum ,, waiting for handouts and selling assets to survive

3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Some condos also not good.

yes it always depends on the residents 

Supersonic
33 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

The bigger problem I am seeing on  the  recycle bin is that people are simply dumping everything into the bin, i don't know at the end of the day, whether the rubbish in the bin is sent for recycle or being sent to the incineration station. If it is sent for recycle,  I wonder how the company manage it with the kind of rubbish in there. 

The recycle bins at my area, the rubbish truck will come and empty all the recycle bins into the truck. Dont think there is any recycling company manage these bins.

These so called label as recycle bins are just another dumpster place around for people to throw rubbish.

• Angry 1

21 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Last time, no more already

now unemployed bum ,, waiting for handouts and selling assets to survive

Down there even a smallest house smelly smelly $5mil, sell one can kkylp for a long time already,  sell simi assets, you can continue to puff your cigars like a chimney, there will be no feeling on the last few digits of  your bank  account.😆😆

• Haha! 2

(edited)
27 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The recycle bins at my area, the rubbish truck will come and empty all the recycle bins into the truck. Dont think there is any recycling company manage these bins.

These so called label as recycle bins are just another dumpster place around for people to throw rubbish.

Are those blue or green trucks? If they are green trucks,  they will send the rubbish for burning. If they are blue trucks, then they will send the collection for recycle. 

The amount of rubbish,  especially the huge amount of plastic that we have generated, is already bad enough, we all need to play our part to save the earth. By putting in stuff that are meant for recycle into the blue bins is the right things to do.  I have been conscious in placing only recyclable waste into the blue bin ,  to the extent of washing off the oil and dirty stuff which I suspect not necessary, but I try to do my part, for the sack of the earth and our subsequent generations.

Edited by Ct3833

Supersonic
15 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Are those blue or green trucks? If they are green trucks,  they will send the rubbish for burning. If they are blue trucks, then they will send the collection for recycle. 

The amount of rubbish,  especially the huge amount of plastic that we have generated, is already bad enough, we all need to play our part to save the earth. By putting in stuff that are meant for recycle into the blue bins is the right things to do.  I have been conscious in placing only recyclable waste into the blue bin ,  to the extent of washing off the oil and dirty stuff which I suspect not necessary, but I try to do my part, for the sack of the earth and our subsequent generations.

I dont remember the truck is blue or green? Next time if i see the rubbish truck, i take note on the colour?!

I thought it is those rubbish truck that we always see that come to empty those green dumpster?! Lol.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

36 years old still not consider old enough, thats why no old men loitering around and estate is clean and tidy. Try going to those estate 40 plus years old, should see many old men loitering and many rubbish overfilled at void deck etc. Lol.

A part of bedok I go weekly was also built in 1984.  Also made up of 3/4/5 room flats. Many seniors loitering around aimlessly. It's not the age of the building but the composition of residents. I also have no idea why these residents do not take care of their surroundings. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1