5-room HDB resale flat in Clementi sold for S$1.04 million, paid for in cash

StreetFight3r

This sale already tells us the property story. 

Bad conditions higher end property get sold and downgraded to less high end property. 

At the tail end is actually a pushing up effect from the chain of downgrading. 

Therefore, what is the exact point of calculating "depreciation" ? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Also because there is no condo within 5 min walking distance of clementi central.

They are all a good distance away. 15min walk maybe for an elderly couple. My sister's home is probably "the closest" to clementi central MRT and it's a 12min walk for me. And I'm quite a fast walker.

Ok Lah. Polyclinic is there. Hawker center, multiple coffeeshops. MRT right below your doorstep. I think in the West, this is the only HDB town with such elderly friendly amenities within a few min walk of each other. Even queenstown/redhill the polyclinic is not within same locale as MRT.

Yes, to me, Clementi has always been a strategic location as it is very near to a number of tertiary institutions (e.g. NUS, SP, Ngee Ann and SUSS) and it is  just 1 MRT station away from Jurong East.

Besides Clementi, another HDB flat I would want to buy is that old HDB block sitting directly on top of Bras Besar Complex (just beside National Library). 

City Hall and Esplanade are just a stone throw away. Can go to that BIG National Library everyday!

But very EXPENSIVE (for me)!

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 4

20 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Yes, to me, Clementi has always been a strategic location as it is very near to a number of tertiary institutions (e.g. NUS, SP, Ngee Ann and SUSS) and it is  just 1 MRT station away from Jurong East.

Besides Clementi, another HDB flat I would want to buy is that old HDB block sitting directly on top of Bras Besar Complex (just beside National Library). 

City Hall and Esplanade are just a stone throw away. Can go to that BIG National Library everyday!

Can search for those old 3 room hdb at Waterloo street.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
23 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

If you want to stay inside town area, there are quite a few hdb flats, in chinatown and hong lim. But if you want 4 room. Think tht bras basah complex hdb is 4 room, maybe queen street and chinatown also have 4 room. The hdb at waterloo and hong lim are 3 room. 

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Over at west coast there are quite a few new condo projects. There are a few overhead bridges cutting across aye leading toward clementi central. 15-20 minutes walk.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Kopites said:

Over at west coast there are quite a few new condo projects. There are a few overhead bridges cutting across aye leading toward clementi central. 15-20 minutes walk.

West coast area is far from clementi MRT. The condo there also not cheap. Basically i find the whole west area condo mostly are ex, even location is not near to MRT. Whereas can find price lower than west area on other side of sg.

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

But very EXPENSIVE!

Be my neighbour. I am 3 stops from City Hall.

There are 3rm, 4rm & 5rm

• Praise 2

(edited)
49 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

i skip clementi at all cost because of bad traffic at commonwealth ave and clementi ave 6 [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i skip clementi at all cost because commonwealth ave west road jam like shit ...

Yes, agree, for drivers.

But I think it is still quite alright for retirees taking mrt during off-peak hours.

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Be my neighbour. I am 3 stops from City Hall.

There are 3rm, 4rm & 5rm

Which specific area ?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i skip clementi at all cost because of bad traffic at commonwealth ave and clementi ave 6 [mad] 

Bad traffic is almost everywhere la, esp during peak hours, not only in clementi. But at least there are two entrance and exit from clementi into AYE,  can no need to use clementi ave 6 and use clementi ave 2.

If you stay in commonweath or queenstown area, the road to AYE is further from flats, also bad traffic since there is only one route into AYE.

• Praise 3

Just now, 13177 said:

Bad traffic is almost everywhere la, esp during peak hours, not only in clementi. But at least there are two entrance and exit from clementi into AYE,  can no need to use clementi ave 6 and use clementi ave 2.

If you stay in commonweath or queenstown area, the road to AYE is further from flats, also bad traffic since there is only one route into AYE.

it's ok ... i cannot afford clementi

cck and lck area traffic not so bad ... lol

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Geylang Lor 1

This area not bad, located on main road of kallang rd/geylang rd with many buses to town and east area, also seems like traffic would not be very bad due to road is wide towards the city. MRT also 3 to 4 stops to cbd. And also near to stadium and old airport hawker centre. But if want go west, this area a bit far. Lol.

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

it's ok ... i cannot afford clementi

cck and lck area traffic not so bad ... lol

If you buy those old hdb, clementi also not say very ex la. Think 3 room average price is about $340k should able to get?!

Cck traffic also not very good la, if you want to go town, traffic quite heavy on KJE/BKE/PIE. If you go to bt batok rd or bt timah rd from cck, bad traffic during peak. Lck? You mean lim chu kang?

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Showster said:

The retiree couple may not need car as well. Fuss free, low maintenance, max convenience...

You can see it in two ways. When a person is retired and old, they can stay on lousy location which is not near to MRT also can survive, since they no need to go out often and stay at home more. But you can also say when a person is old, staying near to MRT/bus interchange is important, cause they might need to go out for follow-up doctor appointment, or need to see doctor often due to health issues. So easier for them to stay near MRT. Lol.

I think no matter stay near MRT or not, most importantly the house where you stay must be at least near to some eatery, supermarket and clinic. So that you no need to walk far or even need to take a bus to access these shops.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 3

(edited)
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You can see it in two ways. When a person is retired and old, they can stay on lousy location which is not near to MRT also can survive, since they no need to go out often and stay at home more. But you can also say when a person is old, staying near to MRT/bus interchange is important, cause they might need to go out for follow-up doctor appointment, or need to see doctor often due to health issues. So easier for them to stay near MRT. Lol.

they are plenty of good resale hdb near mrt

not necessary million dollar hdb 

it's definitely a WANT and not a NEED ... no clementi no talk ... 

since already sold landed ... $1M hdb sup sup water la ... 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement