Mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces even if you're exercising?

BabyBlade

Should wearing of surgical/fabric mask be made mandatory for all scenarios including when exercising, excluding those with valid medical reasons?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should wearing of surgical/fabric mask be made mandatory for all scenarios including when exercising, excluding those with valid medical reasons?

• Yes
    • No

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Do you bring spare/extra masks when you go out ? Assuming you use disposable masks. What do you do with the masks that the ear loops are torn out accidentally?

I will bring extra masks when i go out, cause i experience before the ear loops torn out, maybe the surgical mask quality not very good. Lol. So now i bring one extra surgical mask and one reusable mask just in case. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)
3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Do you bring spare/extra masks when you go out ? Assuming you use disposable masks. What do you do with the masks that the ear loops are torn out accidentally?

Yes. 

A box with 15 pcs in car glove compartment and 1 pc folded and sealed, kept in my pocket. 

Once when out at a hawker centre and 1 of the loop came off. That spare pc came in useful. 😅

Actually i read that a bro here iirc shared he also bring out extra on him in case he sees someone without 1 and will offer it to him/her. Cos that person may have genuinely forgot to put on a mask before stepping out. Instead of busy taking a video or photo, why not offer 1? 😅😅.

😂His sharing stuck so i did the same henceforth. I benefited instead. 

Just sharing 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 8

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I voted no as well.

If you can get 5 doctors to sign off on running with mask, I may change my vote. 😜

I can't rem if I read it here or news... There was a guy... Quite fit... Guess for his jogs regularly... With a mask on since covid.  Two months into running with a mask,  he felt sick and went to hospital and found out that one of his lungs had collapsed due to reduced air intake. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 2

Regarding running with mask ON, hahaha I nearly got knock out! Last week I was responding to an emergency situation about 50m - 100m away from where I am, and without any hesitation I sprinted to the block and dashed up all the way to level 4 (72 stair steps 'cos it was a non-residential building) wearing a N95 mask (3M 8210), and upon reaching the floor, I find myself having difficulty in breathing (as if someone is choking my neck). One time and I learnt my lesson... ...

Regarding crowd control, no doubt many establishment has put in place the basic control measures (label / signage, barrier, verbal reminder by staff, etc.), but these are not 100% fool-proof, and at times I also pity those SDAs at hawker center. Too on the ball and they got all the tsk tsk tsk and deadly stares from the offenders, lenient abit and got compliant from the general public for not doing their job... *sigh* *sigh*

While we laugh at American and westerner for flouting the rules (openly), we are not in anyway better if we keep exploring loop holes with all the safety guidelines (i.e. 5 pax max, not wearing mask while exercising, mask off while eating / drinking, etc.) ...

• Praise 11

I think the risk of infection is low for people who exercise without mask. I made that assessment because during the CB, we managed to control the number fairly well despite many people jogging in parks and beaches.

• Praise 4

Supersonic
51 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I think the risk of infection is low for people who exercise without mask. I made that assessment because during the CB, we managed to control the number fairly well despite many people jogging in parks and beaches.

Dont know if due to none of these people are covid carrier, or if really risk of infection is low who exercise without a mask even if there is people is covid carrier?

7 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

wearing mask while doing exercise can trigger heart attack according to doctors and a 12% mortality rate according to this article. Hence there is a medical basis for not imposing this rule.

More about exercising in a responsible manner...solo, during odd hours, avoid crowds etc...

Voted no.

https://www.healthline.com/health/heart-disease/statistics#Who-is-at-risk?

Work out at home loh like me.

I've got a mini gym

1) Treadmill
2) Cross Trainer
3) Stepper
4) Exercise bike
5) Bench press + weights

I use item 1) and 2) most often, more than enough workout :grin:

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Work out at home loh like me.

I've got a mini gym

1) Treadmill
2) Cross Trainer
3) Stepper
4) Exercise bike
5) Bench press + weights

I use item 1) and 2) most often, more than enough workout :grin:

Wah, when can I visit? I only have a pull up bar fixed during CB.😭🤪😄

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Wah, when can I visit? I only have a pull up bar fixed during CB.😭🤪😄

Aiya, that's the only thing I don't have :XD:

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

One thing clear when the first few clusters were forming in February before kick in, Safra jurong , Traditional medicine hall, grace assembly church and another church i can't recall, there wasn't a running group cluster. Before CB, running groups and events are a weekly affair across both saturdays and Sundays. The popular weekly event called Park Run has three locations in Singapore with  hundreds participants. Most are registered events, so no problem with contact tracing.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
38 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont know if due to none of these people are covid carrier, or if really risk of infection is low who exercise without a mask even if there is people is covid carrier?

The biggest variable here is outdoor vs indoor. 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Yes. 

A box with 15 pcs in car glove compartment and 1 pc folded and sealed, kept in my pocket. 

Once when out at a hawker centre and 1 of the loop came off. That spare pc came in useful. 😅

Actually i read that a bro here iirc shared he also bring out extra on him in case he sees someone without 1 and will offer it to him/her. Cos that person may have genuinely forgot to put on a mask before stepping out. Instead of busy taking a video or photo, why not offer 1? 😅😅.

😂His sharing stuck so i did the same henceforth. I benefited instead. 

Just sharing 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Tianmo la.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Ender said:

The biggest variable here is outdoor vs indoor. 

Like that no wonder can see so many people sitting at outdoor coffeeshop chit chatting and laughing without any mask on. 

Running/jogging without masks should only be allowed in stadiums. 

If they want to run along pavement or roads where there are pedestrians, masks are mandatory. 

Why are responsibly masked pedestrians put at risk just because of them? 

• Praise 1

I think Singaporeans need to think for ourselves and our families, and not blindly follow govt advisory. 

In the early days, the infamous "not sick no need mask" advice was blindly followed by many. 

Now in phase 2, govt allows us to dine out, go cinemas etc. The impetus for that is to support the economy. Possiblity of infection is still the same.

As what Phua Chu Kang used to say "Use your Blain, use your Blain!" 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, 13177 said:

I will bring extra masks when i go out, cause i experience before the ear loops torn out, maybe the surgical mask quality not very good. Lol. So now i bring one extra surgical mask and one reusable mask just in case. 

You can tie a knot or use staple to secure the torn end. Been there done that.

. ,🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement