Mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces even if you're exercising?

BabyBlade

Should wearing of surgical/fabric mask be made mandatory for all scenarios including when exercising, excluding those with valid medical reasons?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should wearing of surgical/fabric mask be made mandatory for all scenarios including when exercising, excluding those with valid medical reasons?

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Work out at home loh like me.

I've got a mini gym

1) Treadmill
2) Cross Trainer
3) Stepper
4) Exercise bike
5) Bench press + weights

I use item 1) and 2) most often, more than enough workout :grin:

Wah you live in a good class bungalow? 

If not, your Neighbours below will be like 😫🤬

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

You can tie a knot or use staple to secure the torn end. Been there done that.

. ,🤣🤣

Ahh... Good idea. I was thinking of using hot glue gun. Quite wasteful for a brand new mask with torn strap. 

2 minutes ago, Nutty said:

Ahh... Good idea. I was thinking of using hot glue gun. Quite wasteful for a brand new mask with torn strap. 

Is only a temporary measure Bros when you are outdoor or in Office where replacement mask not easily available.

Safety come first.  

(edited)
9 hours ago, alfakidz85 said:

I was cycling quite late on Monday night along East Coast Park. 

Almost none is wearing mask.

People waiting outside toilet

People strolling along pavement

People sitting on benches chatting. 

Rather than making people whose intention is really to exercise wear mask. 

Think closing the carpark and beach earlier is better to weed out these people who refuse to wear mask when it's clear they are not exercising. 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 7

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Nutty said:

Wah you live in a good class bungalow? 

If not, your Neighbours below will be like 😫🤬

Correct, exercise at home might disturb the neighbour staying below with all the jumping and stomping. Unless you are using  a very good mat. Lol.

13 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

I was cycling quite late on Monday night along East Coast Park. 

Almost none is wearing mask.

People waiting outside toilet

People strolling along pavement

People sitting on benches chatting. 

Rather than making people whose intention is really to exercise wear mask. 

Think closing the carpark and beach earlier is better to weed out these people who refuse to wear mask when it's clear they are not exercising. 

I noticed the same thing during my jog at 5+ evening on weekday. Most people (locals and foreigners) were just chatting and sitting around the beach NOT wearing masks. They do not even pretend to wear a mask on their chins or something. 

If the govt is not serious about controlling this virus, just proceed to phase 3 and let people die.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I noticed the same thing during my jog at 5+ evening on weekday. Most people (locals and foreigners) were just chatting and sitting around the beach NOT wearing masks. They do not even pretend to wear a mask on their chins or something. 

If the govt is not serious about controlling this virus, just proceed to phase 3 and let people die.

Let's be fair... You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. 

The govt dispenses advise  as there is no way in hell it can control the whole population even with their limited enforcement ppl. There is only so much it can do. 

The population in the other hand are all educated... Mostly adults.  If they refuse to do what is right or good,  then they only have themselves to blame. 

As for the collateral population, if really worried,  then do not add to the problem and just SAH. 

• Praise 5

i think hk is a very good example of spreading outdoor.

as long as the condition are met. out door will also spread like hell

• Praise 1

Supersonic
45 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

The govt dispenses advise  as there is no way in hell it can control the whole population even with their limited enforcement ppl. There is only so much it can do. 

The population in the other hand are all educated... Mostly adults.  If they refuse to do what is right or good,  then they only have themselves to blame. 

As for the collateral population, if really worried,  then do not add to the problem and just SAH. 

Agreed, cannot force people to follow the rules and measures lay down by govt. And the enforcement people also cannot go round whole sg to catch people. Like recently i noticed the MRT is getting crowded, dont know if it is due to train intervals become longer or more and more people going back office to work? Even if govt has clearly encourge/advise that wfh should be default as possible, but if companies do not follow, what can govt do? Even now it is a mandatory to wear a mask when outside, but people also no scare of fine. Lol.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

Fair?

This is a public health crisis and you will go down the American route? Did you see what happened in US? Singapore has already spent 100bn to manage this crisis.

There are essential workers and people going to work. You can't make everyone stay at home. There is a need to protect these people at the minimum. What collateral nonsense are you talking about. 

If it can be enforced during CB and during phase 1 effectively, I don't see why it can't be enforced in phase 2. Can't let complacency and erosion of will bring us all back to CB. How many 100bn do you have?

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

mrt gov super hard to control.

but u see the beach, that can be control.

its obvious its out of control at the beach, send in 10+- police to clear the crowd. singaporean very guai 1. u dun need a large force.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

mrt gov super hard to control.

but u see the beach, that can be control.

its obvious its out of control at the beach, send in 10+- police to clear the crowd. singaporean very guai 1. u dun need a large force.

MRT can always put 1 police to ensure that there is no talking and wear mask all the time.

Whenever there is crowding, can always poh MATA.

• Praise 2

(edited)

How many companies can survive another CB, and how many more retrenchment can we afford?

Simply let people do what they want, let them congregate, not wear mask and enjoy themselves?

What a joke.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 5

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

No need to proceed to phase 3 liao la, now everywhere is like we are in phase 3 lo.

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

I suppose the phase reopening has help to weed out some of the asymptomatic infectors or those that has no symptoms to come to light as well.

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No need to proceed to phase 3 liao la, now everywhere is like we are in phase 3 lo.

Ya. Exactly.

We very automatic😂

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Sort of agree with you.

But while I am for a kinder and gentler society, G should simply get some feet on the ground, issue # number of summons to those blatantly ignoring the social distancing and mask rules (extended family gathering indoor or outdoor, those not exercising and without masks, etc). Put this on the front page of ST and behavior will change. 

We cannot allow those who are socially irresponsible to fxxk things up for all of us. If PAP can turn SG from third world to first world in 1 generation, this is not rocket science. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4