Mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces even if you're exercising?

BabyBlade

Should wearing of surgical/fabric mask be made mandatory for all scenarios including when exercising, excluding those with valid medical reasons?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should wearing of surgical/fabric mask be made mandatory for all scenarios including when exercising, excluding those with valid medical reasons?

• Yes
    • No

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Fair?

This is a public health crisis and you will go down the American route? Did you see what happened in US? Singapore has already spent 100bn to manage this crisis.

There are essential workers and people going to work. You can't make everyone stay at home. There is a need to protect these people at the minimum. What collateral nonsense are you talking about. 

If it can be enforced during CB and during phase 1 effectively, I don't see why it can't be enforced in phase 2. Can't let complacency and erosion of will bring us all back to CB. How many 100bn do you have?

Relax.... Just difference of opinions...

The nonsense collateral population I am referring to is the population that is so worried about getting infected....if they are afraid, then simply don't go out then most likely they won't get infected lor ... Why insist on going out to mix with the masses that don't care and risk getting infected ?

It's not complacency... It's ability to police the situation. The public must be willing to put themselves on the frontline -foc- to help monitor the situation.

I agree with you that enforcement is imperative. But can we achieve 100% enforcement? How many police officers or SD ambassados do we have to handle the whole of SG ?

They are taking action, but not too aggressively. We have repatriated non locals and we have fined locals too.

I brought this up as i totally agree with Nutty about the part that the ppl should think for themselves and their families and not just depend on the govt.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I wonder if our infrastructure is advanced enough to use video analytics to warn and fine people who breach safe distancing. 

Singaporeans deserved to be monitored and be under a nanny state if we can't think for ourselves. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Sort of agree with you.

But while I am for a kinder and gentler society, G should simply get some feet on the ground, issue # number of summons to those blatantly ignoring the social distancing and mask rules (extended family gathering indoor or outdoor, those not exercising and without masks, etc). Put this on the front page of ST and behavior will change. 

We cannot allow those who are socially irresponsible to fxxk things up for all of us. If PAP can turn SG from third world to first world in 1 generation, this is not rocket science. 

Maybe the community cases currently still consider low, so gahment would not take further action even people are ignoring the social distancing and mask rules?! Wait until 2nd wave really appear, then they will take action. Maybe waiting what had happened back in Mar to happen again, like suddenly many clusters appeared and community cases increased a lot?

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, 13177 said:

Agreed, cannot force people to follow the rules and measures lay down by govt. And the enforcement people also cannot go round whole sg to catch people. Like recently i noticed the MRT is getting crowded, dont know if it is due to train intervals become longer or more and more people going back office to work? Even if govt has clearly encourge/advise that wfh should be default as possible, but if companies do not follow, what can govt do? Even now it is a mandatory to wear a mask when outside, but people also no scare of fine. Lol.

That's why this GE shown a lower winning margin. 

Because this Covid situation actually has more negative effect to incumbent than positive. The $100B spent don't sway votes. 

Many people felt the frustration that even with all the 2 months CB still seeing high infection rates. 

Hence they also cannot resume most of their routine activity. 

People wants to resume the social movement. 

But many also became complacent.... not taking sufficient precaution. 

Most activities can resume with social distancing, proper hygiene practices, mandatory wearing face mask everywhere once they not drinking, smoking, exercising.... 

That 100B spent, I rather they spend 2 million to hire more SDA, not to issue fines but to remind "heroes" to wear mask once they finished their drinks etc if they are within 2m

from anyone. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Because this Covid situation actually has more negative effect to incumbent than positive. The $100B spent don't sway votes. 

Many people felt the frustration that even with all the 2 months CB still seeing high infection rates. 

Most activities can resume with social distancing, proper hygiene practices, mandatory wearing face mask everywhere once they not drinking, smoking, exercising.... 

That 100B spent, I rather they spend 2 million to hire more SDA, not to issue fines but to remind "heroes" to wear mask once they finished their drinks etc if they are within 2m

from anyone. 

Wrong messages given by our government. That was the cause of the so called "complacent" attitude by "local community".

Do not put the blame on citizen.

Why separate the infected figures from dorm with local community. Just report as one infected figure as a country  like many other countries has done. Then see whether do we wear mask when out.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

With an open economy and we are dependent of everything outside, no matter what we do, we will never be able to contain not even eradicate this virus. The best is mitigate. Test, mask, distancing, WFH, etc are simply mitigations available now, never the solution. So, people has been saying not doing enough, I wonder what ia enough? Even if we test the entire 5.5 mil population in a single day, we are still not out of trouble. Tested negative today does not mean negative for the rest of your life u less you are isolated forever.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
5 hours ago, Atonchia said:

from anyone. 

I guess even the country lockdown for 1 year also no use once they reopen the economy and resume activities. You see HK and Aus already no more or low in infection rates, now covid cases also suddenly come back again. So sg still cannot escape from seeing high infection rates even after 2 months of CB la. No matter what measures you take, when there are people gather together there will be covid. 

Supersonic
36 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Wrong messages given by our government. That was the cause of the so called "complacent" attitude by "local community".

Do not put the blame on citizen.

Why separate the infected figures from dorm with local community. Just report as one infected figure as a country  like many other countries has done. Then see whether do we wear mask when out.

As usual sg always like to be special and maybe make things complicated. Other countries all called it lockdown, only sg called it CB. And other countries report covid cases as a country, only sg break it down with different category?! [rolleyes]

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

With an open economy and we are dependent of everything outside, no matter what we do, we will never be able to contain not even eradicate this virus. The best is mitigate. Test, mask, distancing, WFH, etc are simply mitigations available now, never the solution. So, people has been saying not doing enough, I wonder what ia enough? Even if we test the entire 5.5 mil population in a single day, we are still not out of trouble. Tested negative today does not mean negative for the rest of your life u less you are isolated forever.

True, not practical to test even for the entire population here, cause covid is not like some test or scanning that we do for our health check, you test now and you should be safe for at least for the next 1 year or few years. I test for covid today and negative, maybe few days down the road i might get infected with covid? Lol.

I guess the current solution and measures we can do now is to mask up, distancing and personal hygiene to reduce the risk of getting covid. Even i think wfh also cannot be forever as companies cannot forever hide inside their house to work. Even they impose on wfh, the rates of cases still have lo. Although people might say if they dont allow wfh, maybe the cases would be even much higher, but i think still fall back to whether people got mask up, distancing and personal hygiene.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1