Termite Attacks

awhtc

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

haha that is my worries too, how to check roof huh? unless i go open a hole at the false ceiling, i can't see the beams on my roof. 

You can't visually check for termites. When they attack,  they attack from within. External surface all swee swee wan. When you knock and hear the hollow sound, cham liao! 

When engaging pest controllers, ask them to specify the chemical used, as some chemicals will cancer.  (I have forgotten the name) 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Here is my termite damaged bathroom cabinet.  The termites did not eat the surface white laminate so all looked okay from outside until the plumber dismantled the cabinet.

IMG-20200703-WA0002.jpg

• Shocked 3

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Here is my termite damaged bathroom cabinet.  The termites did not eat the surface white laminate so all looked okay from outside until the plumber dismantled the cabinet.

IMG-20200703-WA0002.jpg

woah. become a piece of art liao. 🤣

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

You can't visually check for termites. When they attack,  they attack from within. External surface all swee swee wan. When you knock and hear the hollow sound, cham liao! 

When engaging pest controllers, ask them to specify the chemical used, as some chemicals will cancer.  (I have forgotten the name) 

Yes, they did tell me the chemical control is strict these days, it is why even the drilling method will not last for a long time. For roof area, i think it is difficult to climb up to knock at every beams, not sure if any bro here has experience with pest control on this  before.

58 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

A member from another forum posted this :

Jialat ..my roof kena termites ..

image.thumb.png.876d998896bc712b1211a1c0a8666e07.png

image.thumb.png.acc318d98337bdd86e2084800bfc3cea.png

image.thumb.png.30e5a7f1f9f3aa6e4c81da86d6a998d0.png

Wow this is bad 😓😓

Internal Moderator
39 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

I suddenly feel rich to be poor. Less headache. 😜

You house no table at all arh? hahaha.

• Haha! 1

(edited)
50 minutes ago, awhtc said:

IMG-20200703-WA0002.jpg

Did you or your family member notice termite dropping on the floor before ? They look and feel  like small little round beads. 

Edited by Ct3833

4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Did you or your family member notice termite dropping on the floor before ? They look and feel  like small little round beads. 

Not really.  There was some biting noise that my tenant mistook as pipe leaking, that's why I called a plumber.  The plumber felt that the wood was a bit hollow and advised me to change so that he could also fix the leak.  It turned out nothing was leaking but the cabinet was already hollowed in some parts.  A few days later, my tenant noticed strange things happened at the wooden frames.  Below is one of the photos.  The termites were fast and built that trail within hours. 

IMG-20200712-WA0003.jpg

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

A member from another forum posted this :

Jialat ..my roof kena termites ..

image.thumb.png.876d998896bc712b1211a1c0a8666e07.png

image.thumb.png.acc318d98337bdd86e2084800bfc3cea.png

image.thumb.png.30e5a7f1f9f3aa6e4c81da86d6a998d0.png

11 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Wow this is bad 😓😓

Sorry to say, confirmed termites ( badly ) infested, it's belong to their Kingdom, the dark brown routes are their tracking tunnels to conceal their daily chewing process and admins and logistics matter, where and how to manoeuvre  . . . . especially wooden high beams,

I reckon all of us must learn from this disaster :ph34r:

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

I suddenly feel rich to be poor. Less headache. 😜

Termite attacks is regardless of race, language or religion...or your wealth 

Once you open all wooden cabinets which you have not open for ages, it's all their kingdom too, best to tear it down and totally reinstate new cabinets shelves of good quality, not forgetting sealed all zircon piping or exposed external wall area with sealant and the pest controller will inject a kinda of chemicals poison to kill them once and for all, perpetually. 

My understanding was Termites can return over a period of times without your knowledge. Yeah my pest controller were Rentokil, Now I recalled their services were excellent.start asking them loads of Qs, i learn't a great deal of knowledge from these professional guys

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

Sorry to say, confirmed termites ( badly ) infested, it's belong to their Kingdom, the dark brown routes are their tracking tunnels to conceal their daily chewing process and admins and logistics matter, where and how to manoeuvre  . . . . especially wooden high beams,

I reckon all of us must learn from this disaster :ph34r:

This reroofing will cost him at least 50k to 75k. But how to check tall roofing regularly is a big question mark.😓

Twincharged
11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

haha that is my worries too, how to check roof huh? unless i go open a hole at the false ceiling, i can't see the beams on my roof. 

guess you have to climb up and check every 6mths or so, just to be safe.

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

This reroofing will cost him at least 50k to 75k. But how to check tall roofing regularly is a big question mark.😓

which is why the new houses, have a curved metal roof and no more wood.  no leaks, no termites.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

Not really.  There was some biting noise that my tenant mistook as pipe leaking, that's why I called a plumber.  The plumber felt that the wood was a bit hollow and advised me to change so that he could also fix the leak.  It turned out nothing was leaking but the cabinet was already hollowed in some parts.  A few days later, my tenant noticed strange things happened at the wooden frames.  Below is one of the photos.  The termites were fast and built that trail within hours. 

IMG-20200712-WA0003.jpg

This is known as " One Cluster " marshall by a L Colonel of Terminator 

( if you see clearing , there is a white Soldier , he is a " recce troop " ) :grin:

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Termite attacks is regardless of race, language or religion...or your wealth 

Termites are just like Covid=19 very fair!🙄

↡ Advertisement