Termite Attacks

awhtc

6 hours ago, Onghc said:

I have good recommendation for Pest Control Service. PM me if you need👍🏻

too late, I just renewed my contract.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, Anyone have success for DIY termites control? Other than powder, what other DIY termite products you all can get from the market? Termites oil, gel , etc? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Also, did anyone tried to use DIY bait system? or do you all get professionals to do it? 

• Praise 1

On 7/20/2020 at 4:11 PM, Apple-Tree said:

Hope really solve your problem.  It is my daughter that discovered the termite lor.  She said she heard wood chewing sound.  It is that bad lor.

Now 1 year after after I destroy the nest.  So far so good.

Wow, how you managed to find the nest? Termite nest cant be in the open right? 

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, timm211 said:

Hi all, Anyone have success for DIY termites control? Other than powder, what other DIY termite products you all can get from the market? Termites oil, gel , etc? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Also, did anyone tried to use DIY bait system? or do you all get professionals to do it? 

https://www.horme.com.sg/product.aspx?id=1680.

But hor, I will recommend you to get a pest buster to sort out termite problem. You dunno how severe they have eat the wood in your home alrd. 

*I hope it does not happen at your home lah. haha.

• Praise 2

Searched in Google for termite coating for wood.. 

One of the result below. 

Screenshot_20201220_080558_com.lazada.android.thumb.jpg.8620ef2563fd177b5449b5083ca4eb88.jpg

Don't know got use or not, maybe for some it mightbe worth of try since it does not cost much. 

• Praise 2

On 12/19/2020 at 2:21 AM, timm211 said:

if you stay on high rise, DIY may  suffice, otherwise, take up a contract with a pest control company, a few hundred dollars a year , they will inspect your whole house quarterly, save the trouble.  

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Searched in Google for termite coating for wood.. 

One of the result below. 

Screenshot_20201220_080558_com.lazada.android.thumb.jpg.8620ef2563fd177b5449b5083ca4eb88.jpg

Don't know got use or not, maybe for some it mightbe worth of try since it does not cost much. 

I love cheap things, the cheapest I can think of is the humble Mothballs.  Termites love Air Con Duct.  It is warm and got water, they go from room to room through these expressway.  

I just stuff a few mothball in the duct and they are DONE.

I also noticed the Mothball will not react with the insulation coat lor.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks all for the replies. cos saw them crawling in between my wall.. then i panicked spray them away, now MIA alr. gg lol. but now keep monitoring the areas and did put the powder also. but will try to get pest control to look at it bah. 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, timm211 said:

Thanks all for the replies. cos saw them crawling in between my wall.. then i panicked spray them away, now MIA alr. gg lol. but now keep monitoring the areas and did put the powder also. but will try to get pest control to look at it bah. 

I am not sure if you really see termites, they don't usually expose themselves. try look out for small powderly beads around the corners or under wooden fixtures, ise a tool to knock around wooden furniture  , door frames to identify hollow effect because they will attack inside the wood that is not visible, listen up for rattling noise in the wood as they will create noise when they attack the wood.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Oh, that's sad! Did you already call termite control companies who can help you? You can ask for referrals from your family and friends too. I hope that will help you.

By the way, I am a new business owner and am just setting up my website for termites https://www.ontariocaliforniatermitecontrol.com/. Could you please check it out and tell me what you think? Thanks so much and good luck!

Edited by sydalg27

My wife discovered termites on the bedroom's timber flooring after about 10 years. I steam cleaned the floor and the termites are eliminated for the past 10 years. Maybe need to steam clean again soon. Steam cleaning is quick, environmentally friendly and hygienic. Free too since I already have a steam cleaner at home 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1