Jurassic Mile Park Connector

VteckiCk

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

it seem the netting install got loophole. those that go with kids, pls take extra care.....

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/actor-chen-tian-wens-son-5-almost-gets-hit-by-flying-golf-ball-at-jurassic-mile?fbclid=IwAR0KyHVoRozXdnE6aGSfWORFshBODGVULx0FqBPmF8Mnoqie8jZPvNIZfpA#xtor=CS1-10

Veteran actor Chen Tian Wen, 57, told The New Paper yesterday that he, his wife and their five-year-old son were visiting the attraction for the first time on Nov 1, a Sunday, when the incident happened.

"The ball hit the wall opposite the exhibits and then bounced back before landing near the fencing, about five feet (1.5m) from my son," he said.

Not as bad as a direct hit, as most of the energy has already been dissipated. But still enough to cause alarm to the public.

Thinking back, the authorities instituted registration and tracking on radio-control drones to crack down on irresponsible people who fly, crash and disavow ownership. Maybe need to track golf ball ownership also [laugh] Same same, dangerous flying objects.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement

Additional overhead safety netting installed at Changi Jurassic Mile after incident involving stray golf ball

SINGAPORE: Overhead safety netting has been installed at Changi Jurassic Mile in addition to vertical netting that was earlier put in place, following another incident involving a stray golf ball.

Local actor Chen Tianwen told Shin Min Daily News that during his visit on the afternoon of Nov 1, a golf ball landed 5 feet from his family, almost hitting another visitor.

another incident ?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/changi-jurassic-mile-overhead-safety-netting-golf-ball-13535968

I thought Club Committee say not possible given distance and wind direction etc etc ... [grin]

27 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

1.jpg.74a26b44484624880d3caa1c5a3ca131.jpg2.jpg.c110f3efe607431426d4dbac16fe061f.jpg3.jpg.be39769ce604e14dbf2eb42e5a0e07bd.jpg

The netting will tear over time or not? Anyway the park is so covered up, no fun liao.

East coast plan not well planned. 👏

• Haha! 1

Business opportunity missed! 

Was thinking to set up a helmet rental stall at both end during weekend, $0.50 for each helmet for each trip [laugh]

• Haha! 3

23 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Nowadays no crowds liao. Just a few ppl around only. The netting spoil the photos. The only golf balls I saw were in the mouth of the dinosaurs. 

20210223_090822.thumb.jpg.a537a87f650299ec9afcfa322cb6fae7.jpg

20210223_095238.thumb.jpg.71e6dc3413bf66905fcb2dff434d85e7.jpg

Good to go now, should not have much crowds. This place cannot go during school holidays. I went in Dec and even it was a weekday, super crowded lo and many kids there, and i did not got hit by any golf balls but instead was kena hit by a bicycle cycled by a kid from behind! [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Better go now.

Confirm better go now, and better go on weekday than weekend. If not wait kena hit by bicycle. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1