Tesla Singapore Job Listing Suggests Possibility Of Electric Car Maker Setting Up Shop

dudez7

Internal Moderator

Tesla clever. Diversify the manpower now. If anything happen to USA, still got China and Singapore (if that really happens)

Actually, I think hong kong also strategic leh. Over there you can see alot of tesla. So there is a market already.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Tesla clever. Diversify the manpower now. If anything happen to USA, still got China and Singapore (if that really happens)

Actually, I think hong kong also strategic leh. Over there you can see alot of tesla. So there is a market already.

Tesla Shanghai is owned by Tesla HK.

Tesla was selling well in HK until tax exemption was removed. 

Tesla HK is just an AD.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Tesla Shanghai is owned by Tesla HK.

Tesla was selling well in HK until tax exemption was removed. 

Tesla HK is just an AD.

Thanks for the input! hahah. I didn't know that.

NO wonder now they wanna whack Singapore.

Tesla - Temasek venture pte ltd

Quite rhyme leh. 🧐 haha.

• Haha! 2

(edited)
15 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

only for the rich who live in landed house. for HDB people, how to charge? 

SP Power charging station is 5 mins away from my home. I stay in HDB.

Wherever Tesla set up its dealership, confirm will have SuperCharger.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

only for the rich who live in landed house. for HDB people, how to charge? 

906543827_Screenshot2020-07-22at10_51_42AM.thumb.png.0b23d14df778deea60f2ce9466661deb.png

I will take model Y as an example. The estimated range is about 500km.

Given Singapore hot and humid weather that will deplete the battery faster, I give them a benefit of doubt at 400km per charge, I think you only need to charge once a week if you are working at tampines and lives at jurong. . .

The infrastructure definitely is foolproof yet, but I think there will be some earlier adopter. For those who are living in the HDB like me, there is Blue SG charging point where you can "lease" their charging point in hourly basis, just book the charging point nearest to your home, park and charge go home have dinner, play with kids, exercise, watch TV and before you sleep, you head down and move the car to a normal parking lot.

If not a lot of shopping mall will have fast charging station nowadays, during weekends just change your grocery buying to those shopping malls which have fast charge, go buy grocery, eat a good lunch then go back with a 70% charged car that can last you at least 300km. I think that can go for a week also.

I am putting a scenario where the guy only needs the car from point a to point b, maybe for salesperson kind of job, the consideration will have more factor.

But I think it is doable now. an electric car is not only for the rich. But those who are willing to get a taste of what future is like.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

906543827_Screenshot2020-07-22at10_51_42AM.thumb.png.0b23d14df778deea60f2ce9466661deb.png

I will take model Y as an example. The estimated range is about 500km.

Given Singapore hot and humid weather that will deplete the battery faster, I give them a benefit of doubt at 400km per charge, I think you only need to charge once a week if you are working at tampines and lives at jurong. . .

The infrastructure definitely is foolproof yet, but I think there will be some earlier adopter. For those who are living in the HDB like me, there is Blue SG charging point where you can "lease" their charging point in hourly basis, just book the charging point nearest to your home, park and charge go home have dinner, play with kids, exercise, watch TV and before you sleep, you head down and move the car to a normal parking lot.

If not a lot of shopping mall will have fast charging station nowadays, during weekends just change your grocery buying to those shopping malls which have fast charge, go buy grocery, eat a good lunch then go back with a 70% charged car that can last you at least 300km. I think that can go for a week also.

I am putting a scenario where the guy only needs the car from point a to point b, maybe for salesperson kind of job, the consideration will have more factor.

But I think it is doable now. an electric car is not only for the rich. But those who are willing to get a taste of what future is like.

No average joe can afford a >200k car.

Edited by kelaihoyin
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, RadX said:

didn't Musk snub LHL that time?

Musk will never ignore money making opportunity .

But if he setup shop and run road, he will become another "musk" salamat

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

what if they commercialized the self autonomous and 5G the nation 

It will reduce the labour intensity of Grab and gojek.

Internal Moderator
41 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

I am just stating it as example lah. hahaha.  Since we are in the topic of Tesla mah.

Cannot be I take Nissan Leaf to compare here.. Later ppl say I anyhow.

Supercharged
(edited)

South Korea investigating Tesla Model 3's safety.

"Braking and steering systems including the Autopilot function were part of the investigation, a transport ministry official said on Wednesday (Jul 29)."

South Korea launches safety probe into Tesla vehicles

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/tesla-south-korea-safety-probe-autopilot-electric-car-12972152

Self-Driving-Cars-LED_-Tesla-Autopilot.j

Edited by Didu

25 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

He opened the bonnet and cannot find the engine. 

American is getting more stupid..

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1