Car with fake plate cheong red light

Fitmugen

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Not fake plate, but you need a better car cam.

Qke03wh.jpg

But you can decipher the number from his video, so he needs better eyes?  Lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

3 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

Spotted a white merc today cheong red light. also the plate SMS78C is fake. cannot find on onemotoring. submitted to TP liao

So do you normally do this?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

I feel this is just marginal, surely better than sudden hard braking which may cause a vehicle behind (if any) to slam onto the back of the car.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, UncleAtas said:

So do you normally do this?

Yes, I report these incidents all the time. Cos I have 3 children and I don't want them to be victims of drivers who run red light, and I have a friend who was killed by an errant driver. Whether TP wants to fine the drivers I leave it to them, I just do my part.

And the car plate is SMS78C. I saw it with my eyes. I have no qualms with people disagreeing with what I do. But I do agree I need a new 4K car cam so that the car plate number can be captured without any doubt.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

Spotted a white merc today cheong red light. also the plate SMS78C is fake. cannot find on onemotoring. submitted to TP liao

Think this one not consider run red light leh. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
57 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

Yes, I report these incidents all the time. Cos I have 3 children and I don't want them to be victims of drivers who run red light, and I have a friend who was killed by an errant driver. Whether TP wants to fine the drivers I leave it to them, I just do my part.

And the car plate is SMS78C. I saw it with my eyes. I have no qualms with people disagreeing with what I do. But I do agree I need a new 4K car cam so that the car plate number can be captured without any doubt.

I suggest you join TP where you can achieve much much better results and make our roads safer!💪

Fyi, 

SMS78Y

Vehicle No.

SMS78Y

Vehicle Make/Model

B.M.W. / M3 4.0 A

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

it's a question of the Merc driver trying to beat Amber light for a get away, yes he did brake a bit then accelerate to get away, wether he get away, will dependent on any camera flashing . . . if so TP letter sure come knocking . . .

I may consider his no. plate is real as I had encounter similar situation with some work process between 3 parties resulting in delaying of transfer  of ownerships especially used car.

upon collection of car, rider is retaining old # plate hence he has to wait for the following to be cleared - Car insurance policy to be confirmed and transferred, Car mortgage loan and seasoned car park for new IU units to be registered in HDB seasoned car park system- all the following takes 1-2 weeks time for processing.

Hope it clarify unless something fishy going on . . .

(edited)

From what I heard, the exact definition of beating the red light is more than 1 set of wheels passing the junction white line the moment the light turn red. This means if you're halfway over the line, technically is not an offense. Unfortunately for this merc, two set of wheels were behind when light turned red.

The road sensors for Red light cameras also have some delay, exact duration I dunno and I dun dare to test but it is long enough to allow my scenario above to pass without being caught. 

Anyway, this kind is really harmless as junctions have 2 seconds all red period to clear passing cars before other direction turn green. Capturing many drivers doing this only prove the cam car have no life at all. 

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Voodooman said:

But you can decipher the number from his video, so he needs better eyes?  Lol

Even with my perfect eyesight, I can't see the VRN clearly from the video. But based on my experience, it is very easy to mix up the digit '8' with '6' & '9', especially when using fanciful number plate like the one below (same as the one captured in the video).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReShB7kU8I7LRAhmn6naD

So I just search SMS76C instead of SMS78C and hit the jackpot straight away. The vehicle model on LTA website matches the actual car too, which is a CLA AMG line.

mercedes-benz_cla_220_d_amg_line_6_01c00

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

Too marginal to call chiong red light lor.  Even got red light cam, may or may not trigger lor.  Because TP already allow 0.5sec after red light then armed the cam one.

Another thing is Merc did slow down at junction, brake light up.

As for fake plate, very serious offence lor.  But hor, it is possible that he changed number, LTA give up to 72 hours for the new plate to take effect.  Maybe you check again in a few days time, if you eng lor.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Even with my perfect eyesight, I can't see the VRN clearly from the video. But based on my experience, it is very easy to mix up the digit '8' with '6' & '9', especially when using fanciful number plate like the one below (same as the one captured in the video).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReShB7kU8I7LRAhmn6naD

So I just search SMS76C instead of SMS78C and hit the jackpot straight away. The vehicle model on LTA website matches the actual car too, which is a CLA AMG line.

mercedes-benz_cla_220_d_amg_line_6_01c00

Model is correct. Prefix is correct, Check letter is correct. So, the number is part correct, part fake? From 76 to 7发?😑

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

Final photo to close the thread. Thanks guys

2BBF9038-47CB-4E6A-A141-DEF6853BDEF9.png

Agree with Carbon82 that you need a higher definition car cam.

• Haha! 3

I sense some self-entitled individual here refusing to accept his error ...

Asked to close the thread to shut ppls' mouths after numerous of members here trying to correct him.  🤭

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 5