Porsche Singapore introduces solo test drives

RickyWee

https://www.torque.com.sg/news/porsche-singapore-introduces-solo-test-drives/

image.thumb.png.ae16d2fa5473bf83b28f0f0c812594b0.png

Porsche Singapore has introduced unaccompanied test drives and contactless servicing in light of the ongoing pandemic.

The two new initiatives are meant to help protect customers by minimising contact with salespersons and service staff.

TEST DRIVE A PORSCHE ALONE

In order to set up an unaccompanied test drive, customers will first speak to a sales consultant via a WhatsApp video call.

During the call, the consultant will highlight the key features of the vehicle before confirming the solo test drive appointment.

To qualify, drivers must be at least 24 years old and be able to provide a refundable security deposit. According to Porsche Singapore, the security deposit ranges from $20,000 to $40,000.

Upon completing the necessary forms, customers will be able to drive the car alone for 30 minutes.

Porsche Singapore says this initiative began with the Cayenne Coupe, and that it is working to expand the lineup to include models such as Macan, Panamera and 911 Carrera.

image.thumb.png.a1c79f45f7db6452843ce27a052af9a2.png

DOORSTEP SERVICE

Porsche is also making maintenance even more convenient for customers with their contactless servicing programme.

Once a service appointment has been arranged, Porsche will collect the customer’s vehicle from his or her chosen location. The car will be returned once the maintenance work is completed.

Contactless servicing for annual maintenance/repairs is complimentary. However, this only applies during the five years from the vehicle’s registration date.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

13 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

They take my $20,000 liao, will they still return me? 🤣

only if u manage to drive the car back in the same condition :XD:

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
(edited)

It is the first time such solo test drive is allowed from AD but must pay $20k to $40k deposit? The deposit is so much siah, really for rich people one. Lol.

Edited by 13177

I don't in general like refundable deposit policies. But I understand why they're doing this. And if this is the only way I can test drive a Porsche I'm interested in, why not? Safer. 

• Praise 4

(edited)
58 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It is the first time such solo test drive is allowed from AD but must pay $20k to $40k deposit? The deposit is so much siah, really for rich people one. Lol.

Can buy Porsche, what is $20-40k?

If Borneo does this, maybe noone will test drive but who test drives Altis before buying anyway. 😂

Edited by Voodooman
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If Borneo does this, maybe noone will test drive but who test drives Altis before buying anyway. 😂

Altis all should be like Q0010 purchase.

• Haha! 8

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Borneo is (or at least, was) doing this for the Supra. Before COVID-19. Not solo also. I refused. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

50 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I think even when buying a boring car, need to know how boring lah. 😂

• Haha! 5

41 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

Altis all should be like Q0010 purchase.

15 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Borneo is (or at least, was) doing this for the Supra. Before COVID-19. Not solo also. I refused. 

Didn't know that. I would love to take 30 mins solo test drive. Hate those fixed route drive but guess if one can afford a Porsche, you can choose your own route. 

In case I am labeled as anti-Altis, you simply can't test reliability in 30 mins. 😂

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
51 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

True that. $20-40k is small change if the person can afford to buy Porsche.

Even until today still have people never test altis before buying ah? I know my colleagues never test drive altis when they bought it 15 years ago.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Didn't know that. I would love to take 30 mins solo test drive. Hate those fixed route drive but guess if one can afford a Porsche, you can choose your own route. 

In case I am labeled as anti-Altis, you simply can't test reliability in 30 mins. 😂

If fixed route still ok if the route is long enough. I got test drive before, the SE asked me to go round the outside the showroom circumference of the road only. Maybe they dont know what is test drive mean?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

sounds ok right? "free" rental for 30 mins 🤣

maybe i can use the car to run some quick errands and get my money back thereafter? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

So nice of Karsono Kwee...

It's great because this arrangement protects their own SE also, but I think there will be an odd accident or 2 without a co-driver eyeballing an enthusiastic driver. Will see.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Robin said:

sounds ok right? "free" rental for 30 mins 🤣

maybe i can use the car to run some quick errands and get my money back thereafter? 

Ask @Jamesc. He probably has more uses or ideas on how to use the porsche.

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Ask @Jamesc. He probably has more uses or ideas on how to use the porsche.

30 mins just go for a quickie lah.

:grin:

Porker all leather seats can just wipe clean very easily right?

Need more space like Jo says just try the Panamera.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Buying Altis is like buying white goods

I mean, one doesn't bring their bread to test the toaster b4 buying rite?

Or bring their meat & veg to test the fridge?

Salesman say goot, buy lor

• Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Porsche test drive no issues, an hour or 100kms no issue. Only issue is that they would not have the model with exact configuration you want. Sometimes you need to guess the performance with the item you want. PTV is one of the items I wanted to check in the past, could never get. Just got that option blindly and luckily it was fantastic. The problem in ticking the option is that the bill jumps 10k on every tick😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1