Buying COE Car To Start Driving Again

12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

No wonder your nick is Threeleggedman.

I thought you were just bragging.

:grin:

image.png.9025e5b5222f747f348ed0b7c4ea18e4.png

No man. I am born with cerebral palsy with spastic diplegia. My lower limbs are stiff and have limited range and movement due to muscle stiffness and mild damage in a part of my brain. I walk like nutcracker with an elbow crutch. The nick was given to me by my buddy in Army. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I remembered also. I thought u ended up with a mazda cos of the more helpful SE. 

But my wife follows this thread and said u have a volvo, hence i came in to read again lol.

He was. But I failed in my attempt to get the COE waiver. That changes the whole picture. Now I am like a normal car owner with COE. 

• Praise 1

Hi Everyone,

Thought I conclude by saying a BIG thank you to all your responses and suggestions. They were helpful to me and I really appreciate it:) 

My wife has booked an appointment at Ubi - CDC for enrollment into the refresher course. We will see how it goes from there and decide on our next steps. I also hope you learnt more about driving and life as a disabled through my sharing over the years in MCF. I never thought you guys would remember but I was so wrong. I guess I must be careful what I share next time, lest I become Ivan Lim 2.0 should I be famous. Haha.

To the bro who felt sad for my condition, don't be. I am as happy as any man could be. I have a house, a car, a job, some savings, many credit cards that I don't use and a 10-year SAFRA membership (I was greedy for the free chronograph watch with renewal). That's 5Cs already. Most importantly, I have a wife who has been with me through thick and thin for 11 years since we meet. She is the greatest gift of all. I can walk and do most things myself e.g. cook, clean, do some handiwork around the house if need be. Everything's the same, just with adaptions and more time. Hope we all take some time to slow down and smell the roses. There's more to life than constantly driving at 100km/h. Keeping left may be better, at least on a jammed expressway. Hahahaha

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Threeleggedman said:

Hi Everyone,

Thought I conclude by saying a BIG thank you to all your responses and suggestions. They were helpful to me and I really appreciate it:) 

My wife has booked an appointment at Ubi - CDC for enrollment into the refresher course. We will see how it goes from there and decide on our next steps. I also hope you learnt more about driving and life as a disabled through my sharing over the years in MCF. I never thought you guys would remember but I was so wrong. I guess I must be careful what I share next time, lest I become Ivan Lim 2.0 should I be famous. Haha.

To the bro who felt sad for my condition, don't be. I am as happy as any man could be. I have a house, a car, a job, some savings, many credit cards that I don't use and a 10-year SAFRA membership (I was greedy for the free chronograph watch with renewal). That's 5Cs already. Most importantly, I have a wife who has been with me through thick and thin for 11 years since we meet. She is the greatest gift of all. I can walk and do most things myself e.g. cook, clean, do some handiwork around the house if need be. Everything's the same, just with adaptions and more time. Hope we all take some time to slow down and smell the roses. There's more to life than constantly driving at 100km/h. Keeping left may be better, at least on a jammed expressway. Hahahaha

Do share with us on your wife progress. ^_^

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Threeleggedman said:

Hi Everyone,

Happy for you bro! 😁

• Praise 2

Saying is easy but many have forgotten to count one's blessing and to appreciate what he or she possesses.

Life is more than just counting rolex, no pun indeed , but to treasure what and who are around that we share our life with. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Threeleggedman said:

No man. I am born with cerebral palsy with spastic diplegia. My lower limbs are stiff and have limited range and movement due to muscle stiffness and mild damage in a part of my brain. I walk like nutcracker with an elbow crutch. The nick was given to me by my buddy in Army. 

I know what you mean.

My lower limbs are also quite stiff sometimes.

So I go for a nice relaxing massage to get rid of the stiffness.

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Easy to say if you don't have a MIL like mine.

32 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Saying is easy but many have forgotten to count one's blessing and to appreciate what he or she possesses.

Life is more than just counting rolex, no pun indeed , but to treasure what and who are around that we share our life with. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2