Getting new tyres soon...

Axela525

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Guessing his PS4 must be agent tire then. $235 is over priced. 

Europe.....365 Automotive quoted $180 for PS 4 thai made...sounds good.

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

hows the goodyear? was quoted $150 for my size.....feel like trying...

See my review under the GY EficientGrip thread. Paid 140 just about 2, 3 weeks ago.

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, Jamesc said:

My MIL tyres also need changing

but I will just let her drive till end of life.

:grin:

End of her life u mean? 😆

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Yeah never had good experience with Yoko in e wet. V551, AD07, AD08, aspec DB, A13, all slippery when wet. Mama doesn’t like it wet. 

Yoko's aspec DB series in wet is bad, in dry, still ok..quiet n comfortable ride. For the aspec DB, I can literally feel the tyres spin while going upslope in wet car park floors.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

(edited)
10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

someone compiled the accidents from the Jln Anak Bukit stretch in May, and someone else commented there was a metal plate on the floor covering the gap, so this could be a last straw on the camel's back. a bend, curve surface,  slanted away from the bend plus a metal plate on the floor, basically it is like an accident trap.

Seems to me like non of the cars that loss control did any hard maneuvers or was travelling like way faster than the rest. Looks like sudden loss of traction due to aquaplaning or bad tyres.

I once experienced a similar situation when I was taking a bend around 70km/hr after a drizzle. Not very sure about the exact speed as I was just following the traffic. I feel my car suddenly like on ice and doing a massive oversteer. Thank God I played too much racing games, so when that happened, I immediately eased of the throttle and blipped my steering gently to nudge it back.

Edited by Rickster

(edited)
12 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

You let her drive you nuts liao.

I nuts if I do it and tell everyone here. 

:D

Siao lang no need go jail right? 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Suggest you stick to michelin ps4 or PS4S, so far one of the best tyre ever used.. not sure if there is ps4s in your size though..

18 hours ago, Axela525 said:

225/50/17...presently on michelin PS4...would like to try others...must me quiet...smooth rolling. Was quoted $235 / tyre from Auto Kinectic from Macpherson. 

Any tyre shop to recommend? Thanks!

225/50/17 is a relatively common size and used in many stock cars.

I am using F1A3 225/50/17, $170 per piece from Leong Seng around 1 year+ ago.

You can try the replacement F1A5 which seems to be as good or even better, according fellow forummers here, can search that thread. I likely will go for it next year.

Previously I was also on F1A3 (225/45/17). And before that was PS4. Base on your stated preferences (quiet, smooth), I believe you will find the F1Ax an improvement over PS4, which were excellent tyres in my experience.

• Praise 4

19 hours ago, Axela525 said:

225/50/17...presently on michelin PS4...would like to try others...must me quiet...smooth rolling. Was quoted $235 / tyre from Auto Kinectic from Macpherson. 

Any tyre shop to recommend? Thanks!

actually dun restrict yourself to those model u heard of everyday, ps4 pss a3 a5 potenza. etc etc.

got many other choise. 

u want quiet smooth, u should be looking at truanza. veuro.  db551. or primacy 4

• Praise 2

On 7/28/2020 at 3:11 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

I'd second the Michelin Primacy 4. Quiet, soft-riding, and consistent throughout its tread life.

No stock everywhere....if not I may try it!

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

112998711_10223450196301456_545369172063

Look abit fat....how does it look? It's smooth and shiok...feels lighter, pick up is faster......no regret!

Looks good. So where did you buy it from in the end? And how much? 
please share. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Looks good. So where did you buy it from in the end? And how much? 
please share. 

365 Automotive.....good service, I ask them to air spray my brake pads area....to clean away the dust....he did it ! $160 225/50/17.....thumbs up! one thing they never use torque wrench to lock the nuts...disappointed!

Edited by Axela525
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

365 Automotive.....good service, I ask them to air spray my brake pads area....to clean away the dust....he did it ! $160 225/50/17.....thumbs up!

Very good that’s $300 savings for basically the same tire. Some might argue that European made one is better. For sure not $300 better!!! Really pays to shop around. Really shocked at the huge disparity in prices. 

Edited by Mkl22