Full Totalitarian State - Xinjiang

steveluv

8 hours ago, Ake109 said:

@SGCMmadman 

I think they up the ante too early. Its not time to show hand yet. IMHO, they have 2 Kings in the hole but USA and allies have at least a flush since 1945. Now it is a mess that their political system doesnt allow them to step back from.

Chopsticks....Assemble.

Edited by Datsun366
↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, Ake109 said:

USA and allies 

for good or for bad. 

USA already lost the capability to go up against china 1 v 1.

now they busy trying to form a alliance.

• Praise 1

So is China really abusing human rights as large scale as what the west described? 

Cotton farms that can supply globally require tens of thousands people right? 

Later the vegan come out and shout silk is cruel and abusive to the worms..... 

All switch to plastic clothing.... 

• Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

So is China really abusing human rights as large scale as what the west described? 

aiya do business also cannot 強買強賣, for whatever reason they refuse to buy, its they choice. like some chinese refuse to buy those brand now.

anw, this is just parts of the trade war between china and usa. like usa telling his allies to stop using HW. 

human rights is just being used as an excuse. 

if not 出師無名

• Praise 5

22 minutes ago, Beregond said:

aiya do business also cannot 強買強賣, for whatever reason they refuse to buy, its they choice. like some chinese refuse to buy those brand now.

anw, this is just parts of the trade war between china and usa. like usa telling his allies to stop using HW. 

human rights is just being used as an excuse. 

if not 出師無名

If I remember correctly

For a while Nike was also manufactured using sweatshops in Asian countries... 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

50 minutes ago, Beregond said:

for good or for bad. 

USA already lost the capability to go up against china 1 v 1.

now they busy trying to form a alliance.

Sadly, this is a comment without world view.

Previously, I shared kishore mahbubani lecture on US - China trade war on edx.org.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

If I remember correctly

Current word of war was Started by CCP Youth.

Statement from all those companies was issued in 2020.

https://www.redants.sg/overview/story20210326-5020?fbclid=IwAR0aF4dDgJRnjI3D5a-5Z7gOwYnR121ub2WptRvRSssAcbUiZ-ldSabeFWs

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Cotton farms that can supply globally require tens of thousands people right? 

Later the vegan come out and shout silk is cruel and abusive to the worms..... 

All switch to plastic clothing.... 

I am not sure if the numbers still valid. World main producers. 1st is India, followed by China and then USA. Considering the amount, would it be possible harvesting and planting are manually done? If so, India no problem just china has?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Victor68 said:

I am not sure if the numbers still valid. World main producers. 1st is India, followed by China and then USA. Considering the amount, would it be possible harvesting and planting are manually done? If so, India no problem just china has?

BEIJING - China's attempt to fight back against forced labour allegations surrounding the country's cotton industry continues to bear fruit with the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) apparently removing a key statement from its website.

The BCI announced last October that it was withdrawing from the Xinjiang region - which supplies a fifth of the world's cotton - over concerns about the use of forced labour by incarcerated Uyghur Muslims.

However, that article is no longer visible on the website with the BCI reportedly claiming that this was because its website had been the target of repeated "denial-of-service" attacks in recent days.

https://www.ecotextile.com/2021032927590/materials-production-news/xinjiang-statement-missing-from-bci-website.html

Get your facts correctly.

12 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

If I remember correctly

not only nike, a numbers of major global brands kenna b4

but i feel very very hard to judge on this. even sg such a small develop small country , we cannot up our min wages.

how to have a standard for min wages for every country around the world.( esp 3rd countres )

in our eyes, my table every evening got left over food.

in those ppl working in the sweatshop eyes, they might not have food on their table if we take that 'sweatshop' away from them.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Beregond said:

not only nike, a numbers of major global brands kenna b4

but i feel very very hard to judge on this. even sg such a small develop small country , we cannot up our min wages.

how to have a standard for min wages for every country around the world.( esp 3rd countres )

in our eyes, my table every evening got left over food.

in those ppl working in the sweatshop eyes, they might not have food on their table if we take that 'sweatshop' away from them.

For those of you who don't read CHINESE MEDIA

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/china/story20180323-845149

蔡奇驱逐低端人口首遭官方报告斥责

43 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

If I remember correctly

Those major brands made use of low wages to produce cheap cheap and earn max profit for shareholders and higher management. Why now suddenly talk like a NGO?😆

• Haha! 5

48 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Sadly, this is a comment without world view.

Previously, I shared kishore mahbubani lecture on US - China trade war on edx.org.

precisely. kishore say must have multilateral world. and the US has been too used to unilateral actions. its about time we do things multilaterally. small states like singapore do better as they have more weight when they group together.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Am wondering how Nike, Adidas and H&M businesses are going to be like over the coming months. 

H &M main store in china is effected quite badly. but china account for a small % of their overall global sales only. 

all these are major global brands, the effect will be very min i think. nothing like when china refuse to buy tw pineapple.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

H &M main store in china is effected quite badly. but china account for a small % of their overall global sales only. 

all these are major global brands, the effect will be very min i think. nothing like when china refuse to buy tw pineapple.

H&m sales in china account top 5 highest revenue

for nike sales in china about half of north america 

so though effect not much but its substantial loss

• Praise 2

People force to pick cotton, no minimum wage etc etc etc

I help everyone sum it up.

Capitalism is the exploitation of man by man

and communism is the exact opposite.

:grin:

• Haha! 3

I just hope

that China