Full Totalitarian State - Xinjiang

steveluv

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

instead of fire , they having flood now... .....

the water is not the worst thing. millions of spiders escape from the ground and go into the city.😰

tiagong the spider is poisonous

↡ Advertisement

7 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

tiagong the spider is poisonous

super poisonous , last time alot of ppl killed by them

but recent years they keep alot of antidote around.  the fatality rate from those spider bite drop alot

call me sissy, i got spider phobia for those big 1.😭

Edited by Beregond
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

super poisonous , last time alot of ppl killed by them

but recent years they keep alot of antidote around.  the fatality rate from those spider bite drop alot

call me sissy, i got spider phobia for those big 1.😭

I hear the small one is more poisonous.. lol

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Intimidation

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56563449

Qelbinur Sedik was making breakfast when the video call came, and the sight of her sister's name made her nervous. Many months had passed since the two had spoken. In fact, many months had passed since Sedik had spoken to any of her family in China.

Sedik was in the kitchen of her temporary home in the Netherlands, where she shared a room with several other refugees, mostly from Africa. Two weeks earlier, she and three other women had spoken to the BBC for a story about alleged rape and torture in China's secretive detention camps in the Xinjiang region, where Sedik worked as a camp teacher.

Now her sister was calling.

She hit answer, but when the picture appeared it wasn't her sister on the screen, it was a policeman from her hometown in Xinjiang.

"What are you up to Qelbinur?" he said, smiling. "Who are you with?"

This was not the first time the officer had called from her sister's phone. This time, Sedik took a screenshot. When he heard the sound it made, the officer removed his numbered police jacket, Sedik said. She took another screenshot.

_117723034_square4x4.jpg

When Qelbinur Sedik recounted the call from the policeman that morning, via her sister's phone, she buried her head in her hands and wept.

"He said, 'You must bear in mind that all your family and relatives are with us. You must think very carefully about that fact.'

"He stressed that several times, then he said, 'You have been living abroad for some time now, you must have a lot of friends. Can you give us their names?'

When she refused, the officer put Sedik's sister on the call, she said, and her sister shouted at her, 'Shut up! You should shut up from now on!', followed by a string of insults.

"At that point I couldn't control my emotions," Sedik said. "My tears flowed."

Before the officer hung up, Sedik said, he told her several times to go to the Chinese embassy so the staff there could arrange her safe passage back to China - a common instruction in these kinds of calls.

"This country opens its arms to you," he said.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Nolicense said:

Every company write like that.. means nothing really. H&M been there longer than 30 years and witness china being at forefront of technology and innovation.. I didnt know hand picking cotton is still forefront of technology and innovation.

just look at Topglove, they used forced labour? so just confiscate the gloves in the US to punish topglove?

if so all the hdb and roads in singapore also used forced labour liao.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/top-glove-dips-10month-low-over-rm5b-market-cap-lost-monday

4 hours ago, Nolicense said:

Every company write like that.. means nothing really. H&M been there longer than 30 years and witness china being at forefront of technology and innovation.. I didnt know hand picking cotton is still forefront of technology and innovation.

just look at Topglove, they used forced labour? so just confiscate the gloves in the US to punish topglove?

if so all the hdb and roads in singapore also used forced labour liao.

49 years later....... 

There will be history textbooks

writing on the harsh conditions of FW domitorities were cramp..... 32 of them in a bunk.... and shared toilets... 

Conditions of toilets were crappy bcos none of them care to wash it...... 

Hence highest outbreak of Covid.... 

Sounded like the history text we read as students of coolies staying in all those Chinatown/ Tg Pagar type shopshouses... 

Then high TB transmission rates........ 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Intimidation

Looks bad. 

The numbers definitely will be high in China given the huge population....

SG and MY also have Internal Security Act to detain people who can do harm to the general public. 

The importance is if these detainees were really re-educated and not abused... 

China is trying to maintain its territory integrity. 

We can see Tibet, HK and Xinjiang have people trying to breakaway from central control to be independent.... 

Then also Taiwan DPP taking a stronger anti China stance.... 

Likewise, I will not want East Coast to say to break away from SG.... 

It's how China handle these domestic issues that will allow how the world will see how they will handle global issues in future when they overtook USA.... as world superpower. 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

Everytime USA/UK talk about the rights of Tibet or HK people or militarising the south sea islands, I never understand why China doesn't ask about the rights of the Chagos islanders.

Edited by Ake109
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

how many here actually been to Xinjiang in person?

or just read online news or hearsay about the place?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Ake109 said:

Everytime USA/UK talk about the rights of Tibet or HK people or militarising the south sea islands, I never understand why China doesn't ask about the rights of the Chagos islanders.

want to see something real. something uncensored , something RA

Spoiler

cannot take RA dun click pls

1 hour ago, Scion said:

how many here actually been to Xinjiang in person?

or just read online news or hearsay about the place?

Been to Xinjiang in person does not mean anything.

I had said a lot of times that going to Tibet requires a separate visa.

There are ppl here who will argue with me on this point.

This requirement is NOT necessary known to LOCAL PRC.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

want to know the real truth?? from the US own mouth

aiyah some people will call it fake news.

↡ Advertisement